Makro Pattaya?

LennyW

There is a huge ammount of ground being carted in to a site on Sukhumvit very close to Underwater World, next to the recently established used car lot there, now from a vauge memory - that would be the site of a 1000+ Rai development of Pattaya's inland waterpark.

Not sure if it was any of the local mail's, but it was supposed to be a huge inland water ski ,etc???,

However, locals assure me, that the front at least, is Pattaya's new Makro??

Anybody know for sure??

Edited by LennyW

There is a huge ammount of ground being carted in to a site on Sukhumvit very close to Underwater World, next to the recently established used car lot there, now from a vauge memory - that would be the site of a 1000+ Rai development of Pattaya's inland waterpark.

Not sure if it was any of the local mail's, but it was supposed to be a huge inland water ski ,etc???,

Anybody know for sure??

Don't know for sure, but a MAKRO would make more sense.

Work is carrying on at a frantic pace anyway, trucks carrying upfill, and now a lot of piling taking place, whatever it is will become apparent soon.

Makro?? within walking distance of my house - oh the hardship!! :)

I assume Makro-Thailand is similar to Makro UK/EU ?

If so, it will be ideal for me. Closest large superstore to Ban Ampur.

I'm now hoping that Big C or Tesco Lotus will buy up some land and build between the Chaiyaphruk lights and Ban Ampur !

Judging by feedback from those using Makro in Bangkok/Chonburi(?) there isn't much if anything to be saved by shopping there.... :)

your not wrong there,a few months ago we went to Makro in Chonburi ,not worth the trip.

I've been to the Makro branches in Chonburi and Rayong, the Rayong one was far better in my opinion, but a freind of mine has recently been to the one in Rayong and he says the Chonburi one is better??? but neither anywhere as good as they were in the UK though.

Makro can be very good/cheap but maily for bulk purchases, so it will be mostly resto/hotel business getting the most advantage.

Things like the small ketchup bottles, 5kg pack of butter (Foodland 790 Baht, ss-sausage Naklua 700 Baht, Makro 540 Baht) and things like that can be up to 25% cheaper then any store in Pattaya.

Saving 3 Baht on a small ketchup bottle doesn't make sense for a household, but it does for a restaurant going through a 100 or more per month...

At my place we get roughly between 5000 and 7000 Baht savings/month by buying selected goods at Makro, that's a fair bit of extra beer money :)

Interesting avatar you got there Ferguston ... what on earth is it?

It depends which avatar is appearing because I have been trying to change it.

The "monkey" is currently used in the UK to advertise Typhoo tea starring with Johnny Vegas. The same monkey originally promoted On-Digital & ITV Digital TV in the UK.

If its the girl.That's another story.

Anybody know for sure??

That would be the best bet as there's already a failing water ski park not 1km away.

Thais just love opening a competing business right next door to an existing one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I can confirm it's definitely a Makro.

Indeed, read an interview with the CEO of Siam Makro and she stated that the Pattaya outle would be opening early 2010.

My understanding they are opening next month, they are already distributing Makro Member cards to local businesses, they have already come to all of our businesses and issue cards and at the food expo on the weekend they were talking about next month

Edited by seadoo

There certainly is a huge ammount of construction activity taking place at the site, but open next month.......hard to believe??

Mind you they can open a 7/11 from a bare shell shop house in 4 days, so maybe..... :)