Translation Marriage Certificate

In 1969 I married in a Belgian town a Thai woman and we got from the registrar of marriages a document to certify we were indeed married.

Now if I want to get for the first time an extension of my Non Immigrant O visa as husband of a Thai wife I will need to proof that we are married.

Can we get the translation into Thai language done in Thailand?

This seems to be the easiest way because a translation in Belgium will have to undergo a long process of legalisation before it is acceptable under Thai Law.

We never declared our marriage in Thailand : could we simply get married once more under Thai Law?

In 1969 I married in a Belgian town a Thai woman and we got from the registrar of marriages a document to certify we were indeed married.

Now if I want to get for the first time an extension of my Non Immigrant O visa as husband of a Thai wife I will need to proof that we are married.

Can we get the translation into Thai language done in Thailand?

This seems to be the easiest way because a translation in Belgium will have to undergo a long process of legalisation before it is acceptable under Thai Law.

We never declared our marriage in Thailand : could we simply get married once more under Thai Law?

Sorry can not get married one more time.

The legalization must be made in Belgium.

You need to go to the Belgian embassy in Bangkok with a copy of your marriage certificate, and get a certified affidated and then get everything translated to Thai. Then take all of this to your local ampur to register your marriage. Your embassy will give you a list of translators they recommend, I suggest you use one your embassy lists.

You need to go to the Belgian embassy in Bangkok with a copy of your marriage certificate, and get a certified affidated and then get everything translated to Thai. Then take all of this to your local ampur to register your marriage. Your embassy will give you a list of translators they recommend, I suggest you use one your embassy lists.

The Belgian Embassy will give you a list of approved translators. I know because I had to get my Belgian marriage certificate translated a while ago.

My Thai wife and I were married in England, came to live in Thailand and applied for an extension of stay, which was granted. We have never had to have our English Marriage Certificate translated at any time for Suan Pluu or anyone else!!!

:):D

My Thai wife and I were married in England, came to live in Thailand and applied for an extension of stay, which was granted. We have never had to have our English Marriage Certificate translated at any time for Suan Pluu or anyone else!!!

:):D

Yours is in English, that makes a big difference.

If you want to register your marriage in Thailand you probably will need to have it legalised and translated as well for that.

For your married visa you don’t need to get I Translated to Thai!

We got married in Denmark, and I just ordered an international married from Denmark sent here, and then got it legalized at the Danish embassy.

/Claus

For registration at District Office it must be in Thai and certified by the MFA. That registration entry they make is what Immigration new requires, in addition to a copy of the marriage certificate. This is for extension of stay - not a visa.