Inheriting Thai Staff Without A Contract

Hi, having bought a business and a company we have inherited many Thai staff who have never had a contract of employment. I am wondering how they stand within the protection offered them by the Thai labour laws etc. We want to instigate contracts of employment for them all, including disciplinary procedures. Anyone have experience of this situation and what we can do to enforce new contracts?

Hi, having bought a business and a company we have inherited many Thai staff who have never had a contract of employment. I am wondering how they stand within the protection offered them by the Thai labour laws etc. We want to instigate contracts of employment for them all, including disciplinary procedures. Anyone have experience of this situation and what we can do to enforce new contracts?

That's not a clean-cut way to buy a company,

How do you know that they don't have lifetime contracts?

now you've inherited his/her un-finished labour disputes.

Hi, having bought a business and a company we have inherited many Thai staff who have never had a contract of employment.

I guess its true....don't invest any money in Thailand you cannot afford to lose.

Sounds like a rookie mistake to me or something your lawyer should have mentioned but perhaps you didn't use a lawyer either.

Edited by ballbreaker

Hi, having bought a business and a company we have inherited many Thai staff who have never had a contract of employment.

I guess its true....don't invest any money in Thailand you cannot afford to lose.

Sounds like a rookie mistake to me or something your lawyer should have mentioned but perhaps you didn't use a lawyer either.

And here we have some exellent advice from the "Donald Trump" of Thailand.... :)