2010 Kawasaki Ninja 650r Abs

BigBikeBKK

Do you like naked (ER6n) or faired (Ninja 650R)?  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Naked (ER6n) or faired (Ninja 650R)?

• I like to keep my clothes on- gimme a Ninja 650R
    • Naked Baby! I like the ER6n!
    • Naked or faired- I like 'em both!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got my new Ninja back to Samui!...

So now finally a member of the Ninja 650R Club - do I get a t-shirt?!...

Matt.

Welcome to the club. If you make it down to fuc_kit maybe I can talk Crobiker into kickin down a Ghostrider shirt. :)

21107e73929648.gif 03597f73929651.gif

That shirt sux Scuba, :D I got new ones in works. Pickin' 'em up on 7th, right before PBW. These are top notch quality.

Matt, I thought you're Phuket based?

Glad you have seen the light ScoobieNinja! :D

Only a lunatic would ever consider trying to race this two pot imitation wannabe race bike :D

Ha ha ha ha ha!!!!! :D

Ride On!

Tony

Have you yet managed to work out roughly what the speedo error is with that bike of yours tony?

If my GPS is accurate it seems the speedo on the Ninja 650R reads about 8-10% fast. Interestingly, the speedo in my Vigo is off by about the same amount...

Yeah that would seem about right, based on just about everything else Ive ever tested, although my previous vigo only was 1% out after I changed the tyres :D:) .

I measured several times with GPS, on my 650R speedo has only 3 kph higher reading than GPS

Somehow, its probably possible for them all to be different, as will the top speed of the different bikes vary by a few km here and there.

Edited by neverdie

That shirt sux Scuba, :) I got new ones in works. Pickin' 'em up on 7th, right before PBW. These are top notch quality.

Matt, I thought you're Phuket based?

Nah, I'm on Samui. I'm starting up my own gang to rival the Banditos here... LOL....

Have been breaking my bike in doing 5-6am rides around the island... it's all good!

Matt.

Hey Scoobie Ninja!

Did you photoshop the colors on the 2nd and last bikes or do those color schemes actually exist somewhere?

Still think the White Ninja looks sweet! :D

But perhaps not as sweet as my white Gixxer :)

mygixxer2.JPG

Ride On!

Tony

Hey Scoobie Ninja!

Did you photoshop the colors on the 2nd and last bikes or do those color schemes actually exist somewhere?

Still think the White Ninja looks sweet! :D

But perhaps not as sweet as my white Gixxer :D

Ride On!

Tony

hey Tony

Whats this ugly thing doing in this 2 pot Racemachine thread?? :)

like 23000 views so far. not bad for a thai made bike

Yeah rub it in Tony.

I photoshopped the colors on all three pics actually, (RE pic #3 gray lower comes on black bike, not black lower) but they each scheme can be gotten by ordering the different color bits from Kawi for an extra charge. Well, the last one you may need to cut the fairing, (or paint it of course) but that one was just for fun. I kinda like the gray lower white upper, but maybe just because it's different. It would be cheaper too as you could leave the gray lower on if replacing the black with the white on a black 650R.

Nice bike btw.

Edited by ScubaBuddha

Thanks for the compliments guys- this bike was just too good of a deal to pass up.

It'll make the Ninja 650R seem a bit redundant, so I'm thinking about trying to trade it for an ER6n that I'd set up like my old ER6n with enduro tires and use for tearing around Cambo and Laos.

The ER6n was a lot of fun with the dual sport tires-

092609Er6n1Sm.jpg

Ride On!

Tony

Just ordered an Arrow Slip-on Alum Silencer (Dark Sleek look) from the US. My friend is bringing it over in May. Can't wait. The bike will be broken in by then as well....

Yeah- the new Arrow Black looks awesome! I ordered a couple as well and will bring them back on my return from the US at the end of May. Let the Good Times Roll! Tony

ArrowBlkEX650.JPG

Tony - do you know where I can get the protector from that goes on the fuel tank so you don't scratch the paint?

Do they do a K&N Airfilter for the 650R or is it pointless?

I'm also looking for those bars that help avoid damage if you drop the bike. I think they're in this thread somewhere....

Tony - do you know where I can get the protector from that goes on the fuel tank so you don't scratch the paint?

Do they do a K&N Airfilter for the 650R or is it pointless?

I'm also looking for those bars that help avoid damage if you drop the bike. I think they're in this thread somewhere....

Hiya Matt,

Tank protectors are available at just about any scooter or motorcycle shop here in Bangkok. From the cheapie Chinese Pro-Grip knock offs to the authentic Italian Pro-grip originals and everything in between.

I've been waiting and waiting and waiting for my parts guy to get this Carbon Fiber Tank Protector into production:

ER6CFTankCover.JPG

The first run had problems with delamination so he's made a new mold and I'm hoping to see a sample soon.

If you're lacking choices down there in Samui I'd be happy to mail some kit to you.

Just let me know what you need.

Ride On!

Tony

Only a lunatic would ever consider trying to race this two pot imitation wannabe race bike :D

Ha ha ha ha ha!!!!! :)

Ride On!

Tony

Great vid, how old are you like 15?

People that ride at those speeds just show their immaturity, and are a road menace.

At that speed I hope you come across Somchai coming head on on the wrong side of the road.

Just ordered an Arrow Slip-on Alum Silencer (Dark Sleek look) from the US. My friend is bringing it over in May. Can't wait. The bike will be broken in by then as well....

Yeah- the new Arrow Black looks awesome! I ordered a couple as well and will bring them back on my return from the US at the end of May. Let the Good Times Roll! Tony

ArrowBlkEX650.JPG

And one of those you are selling to me, don;t forget. :)

People that ride at those speeds just show their immaturity, and are a road menace.

At that speed I hope you come across Somchai coming head on on the wrong side of the road.

mick I'm curious why you are commenting in a sport bike thread when you don't ride and know nothing about it?

mick I'm curious why you are commenting in a sport bike thread when you don't ride and know nothing about it?

Fair question, which deserves a response indeed.

As a former State Trooper in my 20 plus years of dedicated service I was on the scene to witness the carnage of more than 250 road fatalities, and that doesn't include the many hundreds that were ultimately left wheel chair bound from paraplegia.

They say that one death affects at least 100 people very close to the deceased (moms, dads, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, nephews, nieces, friends etc) 250 x 100 = 25,000 people suffering today from the result of many wrecks that could have been avoided by simply driving/riding to the conditions of the road.

Many fatalities kiddies were involved too. Speed was an overwhelming factor is most of them. I might not be a motor bike enthusiast, but I too am a road user too.

So ScubaBuddha with respect, I certainly do no something about it.

My advice to you lunatics is slow down, ride to the conditions of the road. If you have speed related accidents, then som nam nah to you. I only hope yourself and not someone else.

ride safe

Ride On!

Tony

Thank you for your kind compassion and concern. Not.

I'm pushing 40, have plenty to live for, and do not consider my self to be reckless.

I've been riding bikes since I was a kid. If I were as reckless as you seem to imply I doubt very much I'd still be alive today.

If you actually watched the vid you'll see that this test was done on a rural road with no traffic, no side roads, and unobstructed visibility.

Are you assuming, based on a 35 second video, that I regularly ride at such speeds? Well... you know what they say about assumption.

Lighten up- if anyone was going to get hurt in that video it would be me.

Wishing me a head on collision tells us a lot about you. You have my sympathy.

Happy Trails,

Tony

[quote name='ScubaBuddha' date='2010-04-09 01:18:26' post='3485353.

How do you know Mick doesn't ride and /or know nothing about it?..I'm curious as to your suppositions

As you are a frequent crybaby about the thai road behaviour, why is what this buddy of yours is doing allright in your opinion?

I'm curious thats all...maybe its ok for us and not for them?

I ride a Vmax and i ride it fast...cool, up to me , but i don't complain about all the others that do so........easy huh

Ride On!

Tony

I'm pushing 40, have plenty to live for, and do not consider my self to be reckless.

I've been riding bikes since I was a kid. If I were as reckless as you seem to imply I doubt very much I'd still be alive today.

If you actually watched the vid you'll see that this test was done on a rural road with no traffic, no side roads, and unobstructed visibility.

Are you assuming, based on a 35 second video, that I regularly ride at such speeds? Well... you know what they say about assumption.

Happy Trails,

Tony

Tony, I certainly dont wish you a head on collision. I hope you live to a ripe old age. But if such an avoidable tragedy were to occur, I would certainly hope it would a lone fatality, and that you didn't take out some poor guy on his way to work to make a decent living.

Keep the speed up Tony by all means, you will come unstuck eventually. Keep posting your narcissistic videos too on you tube.

Tony, I agree with your earlier post - I think you are overdue.

2009-11-16 18:05:47

That's good point. I crashed more times than I can remember in the teen years. Cars, bikes, quads, snowmobiles, tractors, boats- you name it I crashed it! laugh.gif A few more bad wrecks in my 20's, and seems the older I get the less I crash. Or maybe I'm just overdue! laugh.gif

Trying to keep her shiny side up!

Happy Trails,

Tony

A Videotaped Test-Showride to prove the possibilitys of a 650 Kawasaki, why not.

At least he got overtaked fast when driving 185 km/h, who likes to be overtaked? ;-)

Thai roads off course, with theire specialitys, dogs, cows, motobikes-in a split second appearing out of nowhere-a side soi and very slow vehicles, needs to be driven cautios.

I like more to drive sporty on secondary roads than at high speeds on a Thai Highway! For that a 400 ccm CBR is enough, sure a new 650 Kawasaki better.

Drive safely.

Edited by ALFREDO

A Videotaped Test-Showride to prove the possibilitys of a 650 Kawasaki, why not.

At least he got overtaked fast when driving 185 km/h, who likes to be overtaked? ;-)

Thai roads off course, with theire specialitys, dogs, cows, motobikes-in a split second appearing out of nowhere-a side soi and very slow vehicles, needs to be driven cautios.

I like more to drive sporty on secondary roads than at high speeds on a Thai Highway! For that a 400 ccm CBR is enough, sure a new 650 Kawasaki better.

Drive safely.

"Bikes are dangerous. Period. Whether you come off at 120km/hr or 220km/hr, on a public road your chances of surviving are next to none"

ps. Again one of Tony's quote - he must have forgotten he wrote that on a previous TV at the time he was making his youtube vid.

Ride On!

Tony

Happy Trails,

Tony

No traffic. Were you going too fast to see the guy that passes you when you were doing 185.