2010 Kawasaki Ninja 650r Abs

BigBikeBKK

Do you like naked (ER6n) or faired (Ninja 650R)?  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Naked (ER6n) or faired (Ninja 650R)?

• I like to keep my clothes on- gimme a Ninja 650R
    • Naked Baby! I like the ER6n!
    • Naked or faired- I like 'em both!

This poll is closed to new votes

So, is that now the cheapest, less expensive (Big) Bike I can buy in TH.

I still ride an aging Honda CBR 400-after 14 month parking it took a long time until the 4th mechanic got the carborators in order.

She is still fun with her loud sound around Phuket, also the traffic here is to much for a good ride.

Kawasaki is the only Motocyle company who comes with a bigger bike with a good price?

And in Phuket where can I look the bike, possible test ride it?

At Phuket town? Is there also an more open exhaust available? I like people here me coming before they see me and go out of my way.

Price about?

Thanks for some answers.

257.000 baht at Kawasaki in Phuket Town. Probably no testdrive, but you can rent one on Patong Beach.

Kawasaki is the only MC manufactorer of big bikes in Thailand, thus avoiding importduty. Thats the reason for costing half the price in Thailand

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still ride an aging Honda CBR 400-after 14 month parking it took a long time until the 4th mechanic got the carborators in order.

She is still fun with her loud sound around Phuket, also the traffic here is to much for a good ride.

Kawasaki is the only Motocyle company who comes with a bigger bike with a good price?

At Phuket town? Is there also an more open exhaust available? I like people here me coming before they see me and go out of my way.

Price about?

Thanks for some answers.

Hey Alfredo. Welcome to the thread. I was going to answer your question by posting a link to the 650R thread, then realized you are already in it. All your questions are answered in the preceding pages.

KBB have you seen 650R's for rent on beach road? I only know of 2, a black and a green for rent by a farang in Rawai. he has choppers and Ninja 250R's as well. Anyone wants the details PM me.

Thank you for your answers and the Video, I will have a look at the beach road and in Phuket town. Somebody know where the Kawasaki dealership is there?

Of course I can Google, but maybe the answer is known.

Thanks from Alfred

Price about?

Thanks for some answers.

Hey Alfredo. Welcome to the thread. I was going to answer your question by posting a link to the 650R thread, then realized you are already in it. All your questions are answered in the preceding pages.

KBB have you seen 650R's for rent on beach road? I only know of 2, a black and a green for rent by a farang in Rawai. he has choppers and Ninja 250R's as well. Anyone wants the details PM me.

only seen ER6N for rent on Patong beach

Thank you for your answers and the Video, I will have a look at the beach road and in Phuket town. Somebody know where the Kawasaki dealership is there?

Of course I can Google, but maybe the answer is known.

Thanks from Alfred

From http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Motorbike-Di...ct-t241191.html

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&amp...4ff08aa1f40e178

I'm off to Kawasaki Suratthani tomorrow to pick my baby up! They have both a black and blue 650RNinja waiting for me to choose... (missus likes the black, I like the blue...)

They guaranteed me that neither of them have even been started, the battery isn't connected and part of the bike is still in bubble wrap! (we'll see)

I've just bought 2L of Castrol 4T Mineral Oil (JASO-MA )to run this baby on. I'll change the oil again (and filter) when I get back to Samui (at about 100km) and then leave it until the 1000km service.

I'm pretty excited, but have never driven a bike off the island, so a bit nervous! I have my racing gear, shoei helmet, jacket, gloves etc.

I'm going to break her in hard(ish), 5K rpm maximum, up and down the gears, no constant revs and lots of engine breaking/accelerating. I'll also stop maybe every 20 minutes to let her cool down a bit, I hear they get quite warm when first breaking in.

Thanks for all the tips guys (and gals) - you've been a wealth of information!

All the best,

Matt.

For anyone thinking about paying extra and getting the white like I am, since it is a part swap, you still need to choose which color bike to buy and change. I noticed that on the blue Ninja 650R's the frame and forks are a powder coat grey/silver, and on the black ones they are gloss black. Then I went back and looked at the pictures of the various white Ninja's and I noticed some have the black frame and forks and others have the silver frame and forks. The blue has the blue spring so that's right out unless I want to replace that too. If I decide to go white, I will need to decide between the silver frame/forks of the green bike, or the black frame/forks of the black bike. Both green and black bikes have a silver spring. As far as I can tell those are the only differences.

Hmm.. What do you guys think? Black frame/forks or gray frame/forks.

Here they are again.

Grey frame and forks

3252010124450pm.jpg

3252010124513pm.jpg

EX650RBlkWhtBlu.jpg

EX650RPearlWhiteRr.jpg

EX650RPearlWhiteRr1.jpg

Black frame and forks

big_kawasaki_ER6f_2010_09.jpg

Kawasaki_Ninja_650R.jpg

big_kawasaki_ER6f_2010_08.jpg

I'm off to Kawasaki Suratthani tomorrow to pick my baby up! They have both a black and blue 650RNinja waiting for me to choose... (missus likes the black, I like the blue...)

Congrats Matt. Best sport bike for the money in Thailand no doubt. I went for the blue 1st time around too. It's the matching spring that did it for me, but it's nice in any color. A couple friends have the blue now so as you can see in my last post I am now leaning towards the white. Either that or the green.

So are you going to make it to Phuket Bike Week? Be sure to let us know, you'll need to hook up with the Phuket Ghost Riders when you come. We have also been talking about doing a ride up north to meet some of the Secret Soi guys, but as monsoon season approaches that might not happen till next season. We will definitely be doing a team ride to MotoGP in Malaysia in October.

Grey frame forks with white for my taste..

Black. You can't beat matte black. Love it.

Man the Ninja looks fantastic in white, good enough even to get me off the "naked" look. Wow!! Best color by far.

I thought the black Ninja has a red spring? Or was that just on the ER-6n?

Please note that the frame on the 2010 Ebony Black Ninja 650R is not matte black but gloss (aka shiny) black.

2010Ninja650RBlkSm.jpg

Personally I prefer the dark silver frame or the matte black frame shown in the pics of the Pearl White Ninja above. The gloss black frame on the Ebony Black Ninja 650R will not age very nicely IMO- the paint seems rather soft...

I believe the Red spring is on the 2010 black ER6n only.

Ride On!

Tony

650fanclubgif3.gif

Grey frame forks with white for my taste..

Black. You can't beat matte black. Love it.

Man the Ninja looks fantastic in white, good enough even to get me off the "naked" look. Wow!! Best color by far.

I thought the black Ninja has a red spring? Or was that just on the ER-6n?

The 2010 ER6n does have a red spring. Also it appears pre-09 versions of the Black ER6f/Ninja650R had a red spring as well, at least in some markets. Hard to keep track with all the color changes for different markets. I don't recall seeing any of the newly redesigned 09-10's Ninja650's in any market with a red spring.

2010 ER6n

post-a100376-er-6n.jpg

2008 Ninja650R (Never sold in Thailand) I'm not a fan of the red frame.

2006-kawasaki-ninja-650r.jpg

That is a good point Tony about gloss black not being as tough, but I think I am leaning towards the gloss black in terms of looks.

Just got my new Ninja back to Samui!...

I didn't get the blue version in the end. They told me it had never been driven, however when I inspected it well it had flecks of mud up the side of it (No way this would have been from even moving it off the delivery truck in the wet) this thing had been driven somewhere. There wasn't just dust on the tyres either, this thing had dirt on it. I think engineer Somchai had taken it for a blast!....

In the end I went for the black one still in its bubble wrap right at the back with a little dust on the tyres.

They were quite surprised when I told them I had brought my own oil and wanted to change it. "No.. No.. Not today, wait 1,000km we change, already have synthetic oil inside” I explained to the guy I wanted to break the engine in with normal mineral oil as synthetic wasn't the best for break-in. He agreed no problem.

So out with the old (or should I say new... it was still a lovely golden syrup colour) - I had to show them the trick for removing the oil filter without getting oil on the downpipes by getting a piece of cardboard and folding it in to a V and putting it over the down-pipes. When the oil filter comes off, the excess oil comes out and runs down the v of the cardboard in to the oil pan.

We then whacked a new oil filter on it, some standard Castrol 4t mineral oil (2L) and it was ready. I made sure it wasn't even started until I was ready to drive off home with it (I'm so OCD when it comes to these things) I read it was bad to start the engine and then turn it off straight away without it even getting warm.

So left Kawasaki Surat last night at 5pm, drove around 30km to a local hotel (up and down the rev range once warm - maximum rpm 6k) then left at 5am this morning for Donsak, did another 70km to Donsak up and down the rev range (no labouring at all) with some hard acceleration up to 6k, lots of engine breaking and stopping now and again (not turning the engine off) letting it idle at around 2k.

I'm back on Samui now, going to change the oil tomorrow (for mineral again) then leave it until the next service (1,000km) at Kawasaki Surat. Again will put normal mineral oil back in. I'll change to semi-synthetic around 10,000km.

Samui will be good for the break in process, seeing there's not many places you can even take this bike up to 5/6krpm! Lots of starting, stopping, up and down the rev range.

I just can't wait until I take it back for its 1,000km service on the mainland and finally open it up a little more!

So now finally a member of the Ninja 650R Club - do I get a t-shirt?!...

Matt.

Just got my new Ninja back to Samui!...

I didn't get the blue version in the end. They told me it had never been driven, however when I inspected it well it had flecks of mud up the side of it (No way this would have been from even moving it off the delivery truck in the wet) this thing had been driven somewhere. There wasn't just dust on the tyres either, this thing had dirt on it. I think engineer Somchai had taken it for a blast!....

In the end I went for the black one still in its bubble wrap right at the back with a little dust on the tyres.

They were quite surprised when I told them I had brought my own oil and wanted to change it. "No.. No.. Not today, wait 1,000km we change, already have synthetic oil inside" I explained to the guy I wanted to break the engine in with normal mineral oil as synthetic wasn't the best for break-in. He agreed no problem.

So out with the old (or should I say new... it was still a lovely golden syrup colour) - I had to show them the trick for removing the oil filter without getting oil on the downpipes by getting a piece of cardboard and folding it in to a V and putting it over the down-pipes. When the oil filter comes off, the excess oil comes out and runs down the v of the cardboard in to the oil pan.

We then whacked a new oil filter on it, some standard Castrol 4t mineral oil (2L) and it was ready. I made sure it wasn't even started until I was ready to drive off home with it (I'm so OCD when it comes to these things) I read it was bad to start the engine and then turn it off straight away without it even getting warm.

So left Kawasaki Surat last night at 5pm, drove around 30km to a local hotel (up and down the rev range once warm - maximum rpm 6k) then left at 5am this morning for Donsak, did another 70km to Donsak up and down the rev range (no labouring at all) with some hard acceleration up to 6k, lots of engine breaking and stopping now and again (not turning the engine off) letting it idle at around 2k.

I'm back on Samui now, going to change the oil tomorrow (for mineral again) then leave it until the next service (1,000km) at Kawasaki Surat. Again will put normal mineral oil back in. I'll change to semi-synthetic around 10,000km.

Samui will be good for the break in process, seeing there's not many places you can even take this bike up to 5/6krpm! Lots of starting, stopping, up and down the rev range.

I just can't wait until I take it back for its 1,000km service on the mainland and finally open it up a little more!

So now finally a member of the Ninja 650R Club - do I get a t-shirt?!...

Matt.

Congrats and welcome :)

Sorry to derail you from you insurance fights... But could anyone tell me the finance deal that they do on the Ninja 650R?

How much down, how many months, interest... What paper work did you need when you bought it??? Please, I have a bet with my friend that I will get one before June... (I need a big bike and soon I have saved enough).. (Poor teacher)...

Ninja 650R costs 257,000 Baht. If you have a work permit you can finance one for 175,000 Baht down payment and finance the rest at 6.5% over 24 or 36 months. Go visit Kawasaki HQ on Rama 9 and they'll give you the finance sheet.

It will be a happy day when you can get rid of that toy car avatar :)

Ride On!

Tony

Browsing some old posts and saw this. According to Phuket Kwackers you only need 95,000 baht down, then it's about 6000 baht for 30 months. Shorter terms are available.

He told me that all he needs fro financing is Passport, Workpermit, letter from employer (he said "company papers" but when I said, "A letter from my employer?" He said "Yes." He also said I need a Thai guarantor.

I have the financing breakdown for all Kawasaki bikes. I'll scan it tomorrow and post it.

Glad you have seen the light ScoobieNinja! :D

Only a lunatic would ever consider trying to race this two pot imitation wannabe race bike :D

Ha ha ha ha ha!!!!! :)

Ride On!

Tony

Have you yet managed to work out roughly what the speedo error is with that bike of yours tony?

Glad you have seen the light ScoobieNinja! :D

Only a lunatic would ever consider trying to race this two pot imitation wannabe race bike :D

Ha ha ha ha ha!!!!! :)

Ride On!

Tony

Have you yet managed to work out roughly what the speedo error is with that bike of yours tony?

If my GPS is accurate it seems the speedo on the Ninja 650R reads about 8-10% fast. Interestingly, the speedo in my Vigo is off by about the same amount...