The Best Dvd Rental Shop In Chiang Mai

PostmanPat

Hi All,

Just wanted to give a big plug to a lifesaver in these days of DVD Bootleg clampdowns and no BBC entertainment on Truevision, ie, the best DVD rental shop in Chiang mai...by a distance! By the way, I m just a customer, no connection to the place other than as a renter of DVDs. Many of you will know it, but for those who dont, you go up Suthep Road from the Moat, and its on the corner of the road which leads into the Wing 41 area when you turn left

Apart from the current releases, they have the most astonishing collection of classic movies from many Countries, and most of the new release movies from Countries like France, Italy etc etc.

Also, over in the corner theres a bookcase full of folders with available DVDs inside the folders, and you can even sit comfortably at a coffee table and while away some time looking for stuff you thought youd never see in Chiang Mai.

I know theres the other big rental shop on the moat, but compared to the "Wing 41" one, that is now looking a bit scruffy round the edges and untidy, and they dont seem to have anything like the organisation and neat and tidy attitude, and they definitely dont have the regular new releases of classic movies any more.

Try the one out that I recommend here...in fact try them both out, we dont want to lose either of them...but Wing 41 is the best by far!!

Edited by PostmanPat

In answer to Alant, they will sell you their DVDs but as most are genuine imports from USA and Europe they tend to cost a bit more than the copy discs we buy. Rental at this shop is 60 baht for 4 nights, but you can get greatly reduced rental, 40 baht I think if you buy advance rental voucers, 10 or 20 I think.

Yup, just went there today to rent some BBC things for my boys to watch instead of always watching movies.... they have heaps of stuff there and are lovely people. :D :D They have just started to charge ten baht a day for overdue returns which may hit me a little, I'm useless at that... :)