Can You Suggest Some Good Budget Hotels

coolross

Hi,

I will be travelling to Pattaya in Oct for the first time (been to Bangkok before). I heard Soi 6 and Soi 8 are good places to stay. Could you suggest some good hotels and provide their links. I'm looking to a single room between 600-900 baht per day. Someone as recommended P.72 Hotel and Bar on Walking Street, any other suggestions?

IF A GOOD N PEACEFUL SLEEP IS NEEDED AFTER ALL THE DIN OF THE PLACES YOU'VE BEEN RECOMMENDED, TRY BELLMARINE CHATEAU AT SOI 17. BIG ROOM N CHEAP TOO AT B500 A NIGHT. JUST WALK IN. THEY ARE ALWAYS HALF EMPTY COS NOBODY HEARD OF A CHATEAU SMACKED RIGHT IN PATTAYA INSTEAD OF EUROPE. OWNER MUST HAVE HAD A FRENCH AFFAIR OR SOMETHING. SORRY THEY HAVE NO WEBSITE TO OFFER BUT THEY HAVE GREAT WIFI THERE. WAS THERE LAST MONTH FOR TWO WEEKS...GOOD SECURITY AND VERY CLEAN TOO.

Walk up and down Soi Buckhaew, you will find places from 180 baht per night upwards to 800 baht per night.

Just check out the room before you hand over your baht, also pay a week at a time so if there is a problem you can do one.

A mate of mine stayed at the ' Smugglers' bar on Soi Buckhaew (near the Pattaya Klang end) and said it was great.

If you prefer to be closer to the beach road/Walking Street and don't need a pool/gym etc, you can try D and D House at the Phra Tamnak end of Soi 17. Just opposite Soi Diamond.

Small, but clean rooms in good condition. Around 600 baht.

Tel.: 038 426 106

email: ddhousepattaya at hotmail.com

Hi,

I will be travelling to Pattaya in Oct for the first time (been to Bangkok before). I heard Soi 6 and Soi 8 are good places to stay. Could you suggest some good hotels and provide their links. I'm looking to a single room between 600-900 baht per day. Someone as recommended P.72 Hotel and Bar on Walking Street, any other suggestions?

Try Eastiny Place soi 8, Iv'e been staying there, when on vacation for many years. Check it out, much better than the other recomendations in my opinion. Price usually around 750 to 800 bht. I have my own condos now so I haven't stayed there, for the past year. Good luck David H.

There is plenty of cheap hotels in October! Check diana-oasis.com! The perfect location for me and, especially longer term (from 1 month) a super-deal with full service & amenities! Unfortunately often full. They need to add some rooms. JL.

I've booked into this place from Monday, a studio I think, 1000 THB a night incl, b'fast and WIFI. I'll post my thoughts after a few days.

Londo

• 3 weeks later...
There is plenty of cheap hotels in October! Check diana-oasis.com! The perfect location for me and, especially longer term (from 1 month) a super-deal with full service & amenities! Unfortunately often full. They need to add some rooms. JL.

I've booked into this place from Monday, a studio I think, 1000 THB a night incl, b'fast and WIFI. I'll post my thoughts after a few days.

Londo

I did stay at the Diana apartments, for just under a week. I thought they were great - very clean, varied brekafast menu was included, helpful staff and secuirty at the gate. All in all, a good experience.

The only minor drawback for me is that it takes approx 15 mins to walk to my favourite spot on the beach - but a bit of exercise will not kill me.

Lond

Hi,

Hi, have booked some freinds into Arcadia Mansion more than once, 397/46 Second Road, Soi 14, tel no, +(6638)724054-5, directly opposite Mikes Shopping Mall so in the heart of things and not far to travel to Soi 8 or Walking Street on foot, or a baht Bus if not feeling active.

Room rates at moment 520 to 560 baht per night,, more for a larger superior room discounts for weekly, monthly, long stays, up to you how you haggle but tourism not very healthy in thailand at the moment so rooms rates are in favour of the tourist IMO.

IMO a good decent clean basic hotel and freinds who have stayed there have been happy with the price and service, laundry outside the hotel, no swimming pool but next door is Tims Boutique Hotel with a very nice roof top swimming pool which can be used by non residents for a payment, you might even be tempted to stay for a night in luxury as I have stayed there and it is one of the better hotels in Pattaya at what I found to be a very reasonable price, 2000 baht per night when I stayed in August, maybe not for the traveller on a limited. budget but a nice hotel if you want to treat yourself to somewhere a bit more upmarket.

IMO Soi 6 AKA dirty street, a place where you might like to go for a look around and maybe short time, but for me , not a place to make your base, but as they say in Thailand (Up to you, you choose).

Have fun in Pattaya. An adult disney land, only the rides are for adults and a whole lot better. :)

Edited by MB1

The Diana Inn on 2nd road and soi Diana is still great and right in the middle of everything. I stayed for about 10 days and paid 750 baht per day with free buffet breakfast and bottles of water. Great swimming pool and bringing home "freinds" is no problem.

If you want a GREAT traditional massage, the women with a shop out in back of the restaurant is quite good - very strong and knows what to do.

Edited by Ulysses G.

IF A GOOD N PEACEFUL SLEEP IS NEEDED AFTER ALL THE DIN OF THE PLACES YOU'VE BEEN RECOMMENDED, TRY BELLMARINE CHATEAU AT SOI 17. BIG ROOM N CHEAP TOO AT B500 A NIGHT. JUST WALK IN. THEY ARE ALWAYS HALF EMPTY COS NOBODY HEARD OF A CHATEAU SMACKED RIGHT IN PATTAYA INSTEAD OF EUROPE. OWNER MUST HAVE HAD A FRENCH AFFAIR OR SOMETHING. SORRY THEY HAVE NO WEBSITE TO OFFER BUT THEY HAVE GREAT WIFI THERE. WAS THERE LAST MONTH FOR TWO WEEKS...GOOD SECURITY AND VERY CLEAN TOO.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who wants to read that ??????????