• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Obviously they should be stripped of their right to wear uniforms/

i agree they really need to step up the hole system!!!!first of all acknowlege whats really going one they talk about schames hehe same as this manipulation thailand is becomming coyboy land!!!

What's next, banning the little lacy trim on their underthings?

Really though, I think it's a matter of the girls being thrifty - they're re-cycling their uniforms year after year, so the reason their shirts are button-popping tight and their skirts are short are they were made for kids 5 years younger.

Well, one redeeming factor for the Culture Cops: all the girls are wearing bras, so there won't be any danger of seeing any illicit skin.

And will the Culture Police please ban boys from putting plastic bananas under their zippers (you haven't heard about that trend? Oh, come to think of it, neither have I).

Perhaps the New Cultural Rectitude Ministry (or whatever they plan to call it) will put some of the thousands of gov't people at the Ministry For Inactive Posts to work. Ooops, silly me, that would be counter productive as they're supposed to be inactive, no matter what. I guess that means they won't be allowed to become actively involved with verifying the 5.4 million Red Shirt signatures, as that would change their designated job description from 'inactive' to 'active.'

I think it is very good. Why does young school children have to look like prostitude !

These 'young school children' are old enough to have a sex life and to get married according to Thai law. Furthermore, not all students are 18-19 year olds.

BTW what does a prostitute look like? Is it possible to make a judgment on a stranger's morals by the way they dress? Ever hear of peer pressure?

Any lady that dresses to bring a smile to my face and raises my pulse a little is a welcome sight as far as I am concerned.

some schools in the USA have gone to having the students wear uniforms, especially in the Charter schools. The idea is to keep all the students on some level of equality, so as to not have the rich flaunt the new Nikes or latest high priced fashions. I have asked my students here, in Thailand what they think about the uniforms and they for the most part like them. It's easy and like some brilliant people, wear the same thing every day so as to not have to be concerned with appearances as much as what their job to do is. Kids at this stage of their life do experiment with sexuality, and with the right knowledge their is nothing wrong with that. I do feel thought that some of the uniforms must be somewhat degrading, the pseudo-sailor/military/marching band/Sgt. Pepper wannabe uniforms can't be all that good for self esteem, because they are so obviously a costume. I know that comfortable clothing, something that is not potentially revealing is not a distraction to the students. If I have to worry about how high my skirt is being hiked up, just by sitting at a desk in school, I'm not putting my full attention on the lesson at hand. Being sexy is not always about what's on the surface, but if it is, it's more telling about the character of the one making the call. Would the next step be putting a limit on the length of fake eyelashes, or how much makeup one can wear? If this country can't protect the rights of those that can't defend themselves, ie. infants balanced on motorbikes with drivers juggling a cell phone and a slushy, I'm sorry, why are school uniforms an issue again?

Students dress in another country...

413496156_9ec6902206.jpg

Just what came to my mind too when reading the OP.  Let's just decree for all women to wear burkas and burkinis.  Is that then modest and uniform enough for the Neanderthal faction?  :D

Storm in a waterglass... :)

I do have reservations about the uniforms, but only when gratoey unviversity students wear them, and then it makes me want to totally vomit launch. Now that is totally out of line and getting out of control and they have peckers. Actually, they are the ones who cause accidents, reason being is that when you see them you whip your head the other way in order not to see them, and thus, an accident.

As for disproportioned women, they generally behave and know how to where what they have going.

I love the different colors of the bras showing through the skimpy shirt, and the minimini skirt is a plus too, and I am sure every normal male thai or other will pretty much state the same, and if they don't, the they are full of crap.

They would be better served having a clampdown on substandard teaching and changing of classes to suit lecturers other money making ventures.

Figures in establishment or with power telling the young to not do something usually has the opposite effect.

Maybe if the uniforms were less revealing the teaching standard would improve.Must be very distracting all those pairs of panties flashing at you while you are trying to teach.

I think it is absoultly discraceful. These young girls running around with tight....well very tight clothing...and short skirts.

As farangs I think it is important that we show solidarity with the Thai government and help out with this task, after all the Government does have more coups to schedual. So tomorrow morning everyone meet at your local University feel free to check every uniform that you see.

Oh and why your at.. if you see a police officer wearing a uniform that you deam to tight and sexy please report them immediately to the GOVERNMENT COMMITEE OF SHORT SKIRTS AND TIGHT UNIFORMS.

I can't believe that the government has time to deal with this type of issue shouldn't this be a paretal issue or a school issue not a government issue...? I mean the dress they're police officers in uniforms that are to tight...the sad thing is they are not sexy and discourages tourist from coming to Thailans. Or how about the police not wearing they're uniforms at all while on the job..?

Maybe offenders will get the same punishment as this famous Thammasat student, who dared to turn up to an awards ceremony in a Liz Hurley "lookalike" outfit.

Chotiros "Amy" Suriyawong, was dropped from her latest movie role in Thailand and all footage of her was ordered to be deleted, such was the public backlash in Thailand over the dress. Furthermore, she had to face officials from Thammasat University where she was a student, who accused her of bringing disrepute upon the University. Officials from the establishment ordered her to perform 15 days of community service for blind children and a tearful Suriyawong stated that she was sorry for what had happened.

post-25991-1250663583_thumb.jpgpost-25991-1250663633_thumb.jpgpost-25991-1250663555_thumb.jpg

Maybe this should be the 'template' for a new style school uniform? :)

Maybe offenders will get the same punishment as this famous Thammasat student, who dared to turn up to an awards ceremony in a Liz Hurley "lookalike" outfit.

Chotiros "Amy" Suriyawong, was dropped from her latest movie role in Thailand and all footage of her was ordered to be deleted, such was the public backlash in Thailand over the dress. Furthermore, she had to face officials from Thammasat University where she was a student, who accused her of bringing disrepute upon the University. Officials from the establishment ordered her to perform 15 days of community service for blind children and a tearful Suriyawong stated that she was sorry for what had happened.

post-25991-1250663583_thumb.jpgpost-25991-1250663633_thumb.jpgpost-25991-1250663555_thumb.jpg

Maybe this should be the 'template' for a new style school uniform? :D

Lord have mercy !!!

:D:):D:D

Maybe if the uniforms were less revealing the teaching standard would improve.Must be very distracting all those pairs of panties flashing at you while you are trying to teach.

Hmmm, hadn't thought about that. Maybe I will reconsider my decision to not teach here. :)

Edited by Lopburi99

I am shocked and this news really knocked my socks off. I could not believe my eyes seeing the picture of Thai university students. They make me wonder?? Are they going to learn or looking for...... ??? These mini and Micro skirts are suitable for party girls as such not for famous university students. Shame?? People do complain in case of Rapes go up and Thai Society will blame women for asking....not men who committ the crime??? Believe me Women seldom win any Rapes case because, the Thai jurors won't buy them. Well, how can these college kids wear mini or micro skirts while attending their temples?? Do the Monks allow them to worship I wonder????? By the way, this is not positive self expression in Thailand and for all the Farangs Thai is still Thai. You all live in Thailand and you all have live by the Thai rules otherwise, you all will be unhappy and fly away for freedom in America or Europe. There is no freedom of self Exppression because, Thai women do not have more freedom like Americans or Europeans. My personal opinion and I take a stand.

Okay, I promise never to wear a skimpy school uniform. :D

You are referring to Thai young women who apparently live in a democracy :) and modern society.

Who has the right to tell anyone how to dress?

Students dress in another country...

413496156_9ec6902206.jpg

These girls (and boys) learn to fear that one glimpse of hair or bare skin will provoke men to rape them.

Thai uni girls learn just the opposite. They are just doing their part in helping fight the war on terror!

Student uniforms 'too sexy'

Country's top two universities order clampdown

VeryShortSkirts.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Chulalongkorn University (CU) is campaigning for students to comply with its dress code, while Thammasat University (TU) wants to the government to launch a "Social Cabinet" to tackle the issue of students wearing uniforms inappropriately.

At the project launch yesterday, CU rector Pirom Kamolratanakul said wearing a Chula student uniform, the only one to be granted by the monarchy, is a privilege.

TU deputy rector for student affairs Parinya Thewana-ruemitkul said the president for Network of Deputy Rectors for Student Affairs supervised the student uniform code at each university. He added that Thammasat was less strict about the uniform than some other universities, but insisted students wear "appropriate clothes" to classes.

Celebrities' influence

Blaming the influence of fashions worn by movie and TV stars, he urged that a Social Cabinet comprising the efforts of several ministries should be set up to help universities solve the problem. The Culture Ministry could ask celebrities to wear clothes appropriate to the time of day and occasion as well as promote good values, he added.

Deputy Education Minister Chaiwuti Bannawat agreed that students need good discipline and praised universities' successful efforts in improving the standard of their students' dress.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009-08-19

Of course there will be a crackdown, considering they puffed up the article with an obviously fake picture. TIT.

This photo has been circulating for some time. One thing I noticed is that the Photo that has been attached and the photo on the attached video by Loong on post nbr. 49 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTJZ4HUol2E) at around 2:02 minutes into the video are not the same. The attached photo has been retouched. The original photo shows the girls in much more decent (translated as longer) skirts.

Student uniforms 'too sexy'

Country's top two universities order clampdown

VeryShortSkirts.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Chulalongkorn University (CU) is campaigning for students to comply with its dress code, while Thammasat University (TU) wants to the government to launch a "Social Cabinet" to tackle the issue of students wearing uniforms inappropriately.

<cut>

Deputy Education Minister Chaiwuti Bannawat agreed that students need good discipline and praised universities' successful efforts in improving the standard of their students' dress.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009-08-19