george

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How many years has this discussion been going on? Every year it comes up and nothing gets done. Why don't they just shut up already? It's more a reflection of the people in the Ministries of Culture and Education and they're pervertedly, paranoic dispositions. (Say that 5 times fast.)

Face it, the whole world is conformist. Uniforms for schools and the posters here say, "Let them express themselves." Yet, how many of the posters wear suits and ties to work, uniforms of some sort to work or are in the military? Is this non-conformist? In reality, how many people that work do not have a dress-code of some sort? What actual percentage of those that work for a corporation do not conform to the rules and wear what is deemed appropriate by the management? The fashionistas at university in the USA and Europe are no better students for being able to "express themselves". Conformity is a fact of life in a regimented society. As many posters have said, alleviate the traffic or political problems instead of expending time and effort on something like this. The schools can take up their own problems. Government need not become involved with Muslim-like social and moral councils.

Hello, the short skirts are not appropriate in this circumstance. This is a time for them to wear the uniform of business so that maybe people will take them serious. It is the message they must say and not the package, allthough the package can get the attention of all involved. The time for short skirts and tight shirts is after school, and they must learn when to where what in which context. Cheers.

What a ridiculous story. Who honestly cares, the fact university students are made to wear uniforms is a joke in the first place. They're meant to be young adults discovering themselves, for fuc_k sake let them discover and do something about your massive traffic problem, the rampant dumbing of trash and the polluting of water ways... Its gonna benefit a lot more than stopping a few politicians from getting hard ons and upsetting their wives...

for sure - can u imagine if universities/TAFE colleges etc in Australia or any other developed country tried to force students to wear uniforms they would not have many students --- the wearing of uniforms by the so called educated masses here is nothing more than a money making exercise -the reality is that all students look the same - white blouse, black skirt -- let them dress as they see fit -- i would suggest they wont look any sexier than they do now -buttons popping - splits up the dress to show of the knickers - you should try standing in front of a class of 70 students - half of them females sitting there with skirts up around bums - there are even some who not even wear underwear - believe me -- and when they see that the eyes are roaming the legs are not always crossed -- - imagine a student sitting lotus style on the seat --- and they say teaching is hard -- well there are some side benefits -

It is really great to see that some serious issues are planned to be dealt with... This is quite appropriate after the government finally solved all the other minor problems, such as corruption, safety, political unstability, economic situation, tourism slowdown, etc.....

Which planet are they living on????

What a ridiculous story. Who honestly cares, the fact university students are made to wear uniforms is a joke in the first place. They're meant to be young adults discovering themselves, for fuc_k sake let them discover and do something about your massive traffic problem, the rampant dumbing of trash and the polluting of water ways... Its gonna benefit a lot more than stopping a few politicians from getting hard ons and upsetting their wives...

They nees to clampdown on newspapers reporting stupid stories. Like you say there are more important thing to worry about, bring on the sexy uniforms!

Edited by arkom

To all those perverted bottom of barrels! If not happy, exit doors at the airport are opened!

^^ Keep fighting ka Ajarn

Those who cannot dress properly, most likely are not from CU and TU. Flaw!

@ CU you will find them too... many!!!

I live not far from Chula :)

Funny, I have been to Soi Cowboy bars where the girls wore more fabric than at Thailand's prestige university :D but I am confident that this "dress code" gives at least some of the young ladies the extra income needed to buy the necessary status accessories, with the right sugar daddy there might even be a small apartment thrown in. Maybe they should rename the university to Chulashortkorn and just get on with it...

But I can't object to young women dressing like this as long as it's not my own daughter :)

There's 2 types of skirt my girlfriend wears when she's in college.

1. Tight and short, the most common. Impossible for a girl to cross her legs whilst wearing, wearer resorts to diagonally pointing legs towards empty space. Pictured in the first post.

2. Long and loose; easy access as I call it. Practical in that it stops peeping toms dead in their peering tracks, leaves the wearer to worry about other things such as makeup.

Although fashion overrides practicality to her so the former is worn rather than the latter.

MC

Pathetic.

Isn't it time Thailand moved away from these Victorian standards?

Its one of the most vile aspects of fundamental Islam - the insistence that everyone should comply with the morals of the few.

If no offence is being caused, people should have the basic and fundamental human rights to behave as they choose not to behave according to the will of a few.

These self-appointed custodians of moral authority are the same pea brained regulators who censor all TV and satellite broadcasts in Thailand even to the extent of blurring out images of nudity in art programs.

Its 2009 for f*cks sake not 1984

As always it would seem the denial of prostitution, and free for all sex in Thailand is not acknowledged by the classes, least of all the politicians, so let's penalise the students (many of whom work bars to pay the degree costs anyway) and make stupid time wasting exercises, wasting tax payers monies, when many of the Polly's making the decision have students as me-anoi's (possibly some in the photos). Ridiculous is right. :)

This is the problem when you have 60 -80 year olds running Govermnment and administering among others Universities. Uniforms in Universties except for sports teams went out with the Ark. It's time to get modern thinking people in positions of responsibility and let Thailand go forward instead of regressing.

For the students I hope you go on setting you own standards and resist the old cronies telling you what to do and what to wear. :)

Andrew

Oddly I've never been turned on by any Thai University uniform. It's the lithe warm smiling friendly contents of the uniform which is always my downfall!

p.s. It has come to my notice that women's underwear are also too sexy. The use of these by any woman under 45 should therefore be banned throughout the kingdom.

Yawn.....another no-news day...... uplifting or uplifted by 'short' coverage ?

would rather have analysis of why 44 senior tw*ts are escaping justice and Twatsin is footloose and fancy-free.... or is this the guaranteed future of and example set to the 'elite' students of Thailand?

More pics please to assist hiring of my next P.A.

regardzzzzz,

Brewsta

FYI: The government will clarify their stance on university uniforms this afternoon at a press conference from the parking lot of Pegasus which will run through happy hour. After the press conference the members and their invited guest will retire to meeting rooms within Pegasus to hash out the next inane press release addressing public morals.