Thai Student Uniforms 'too Sexy'

george

ohhh i think I know that one in the middle.....she is working at AFTER SCHOOL Bar in Soi Cowboy :):D :D

guess the reason why most of the so called "students" are visiting chulalonghorn university is to find a guy with gooood parents or a big spender, after all

they are Thaigirls :D

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ohhh i think I know that one in the middle.....she is working at AFTER SCHOOL Bar in Soi Cowboy :D :D :D

guess the reason why most of the so called "students" are visiting chulalonghorn university is to find a guy with gooood parents or a big spender, after all

they are Thaigirls :D

and to add to the problem after all, they are Caucasian men. (so as to not discriminate against any country) sheesh!

a falang is a falang is a falang. <deleted>! :)

the fact that this discussion didn't turn political or into a "i hate Thailand" session gives me hope for TV :)

regarding the skirts, if they were that short in my University town i'd leave the house more often! there must be more hoes in BKK..

The powers in charge don't have anything else to do (like run the government) than to complain about the skirts of the students. At the university I taught at before, farlang instructors got confused. Students taking exams had to be in uniform but when a man walked in wearing a lady's uniform, they did not know what to do.

In any case, our job was not to teach them but to monitor the uniform. One Thai instructor got embarrassed and told several girls to leave his room because their short skirts made him uncomfortable. I don't know where he learned to be an idiot but he learned somewhere.

The problem of interfering with students is just an extension of the early school years. In my former university, we even took attendance every day. Parents can't get their children to attend a university so let the university be the parent during the day time. Most of the students I saw should not have been there. 75% should have remained at home learning to grow up. To most, their parents forced them to attend the university, most got into fields of study they did not like nor could manage. We even had students paying off the university just to graduate if their GPA's were not 2.00. It seems the powes to be have nothing better to do so pick on uniforms. Who cares what they learn, let them behave and look like their grandparents did 60 years ago. This is just some low-level bureaucrat trying to draw attention to something that will not change. The skirts just keep getting shorter every year. Most male teachers like it but the female teachers are probably jealous that they don't look that good.

This photo has been circulating for some time. One thing I noticed is that the Photo that has been attached and the photo on the attached video by Loong on post nbr. 49 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTJZ4HUol2E) at around 2:02 minutes into the video are not the same. The attached photo has been retouched. The original photo shows the girls in much more decent (translated as longer) skirts.
Student uniforms 'too sexy'

Country's top two universities order clampdown

VeryShortSkirts.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Chulalongkorn University (CU) is campaigning for students to comply with its dress code, while Thammasat University (TU) wants to the government to launch a "Social Cabinet" to tackle the issue of students wearing uniforms inappropriately.

<cut>

Deputy Education Minister Chaiwuti Bannawat agreed that students need good discipline and praised universities' successful efforts in improving the standard of their students' dress.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009-08-19

Looking at the picture on utube and the one in the nation,, It has been touched up.,the girl on the left now has a tighter blouse, and her right leg is thinner than her right, the girl on the right has different legs now. So it would seem the picture was doctored to suit the headlines

It's good that we get these things out in the open! Lots of pictures help too so that we can see exactly what to express our disgust and discontent about. No doubt that's what all these ministers and dons etc etc sat in their private studies mulling over such serious tissues - sorry, issues - have in their minds, when it comes to tackling these little 'hussies'!!! :)

Edited by leebeeUK

ohhh i think I know that one in the middle.....she is working at AFTER SCHOOL Bar in Soi Cowboy :D :D :D

they are Thaigirls :P

and to add to the problem after all, they are Caucasian men. (so as to not discriminate against any country) sheesh!

a falang is a falang is a falang. &lt;deleted&gt;! :D

why CAUCASIAN men?? what do u know about the colour of my skin? :) lets just call it MEN....and if I have to study in an university which allows students to look more like little bit....s as STUDENTS guess it makes it hard for me to learn anything there :D students which are visiting these univertitys in Thailand for the reason of LEARNING (universitys ARE for learning) will surely not dress up like these girls.

and I have nothing against any lady who makes her money with caucasian or other men....I know why Thailand is rich and the NO 1 visited country in Asia :D

have a great day :D

Not these lovely ladies who study hard are showing inappropriate behaviour. The directors and other fossils do by interfering in the personal lives of these hard working people. We are just a stone throw away from the moment that they will tell us that it is a girls fault when she get raped because they have inappropriate clothes.

Instead of making a fuss about the example that movie stars set they should make an example out of the culture of dishonesty that is king in the circles of the Thai elite.

And in the meantime ladies, a bit shorter skirts please, we love it!

i like the uniforms and until u have had a kid in school here you really dont appreciate how much money u save by having unifomrs vs free style dress.

Long life the Thai school uniform.

PS;

One of the most requested fantasy's at Eden is....... :-)

The powers in charge don't have anything else to do (like run the government) than to complain about the skirts of the students. At the university I taught at before, farlang instructors got confused. Students taking exams had to be in uniform but when a man walked in wearing a lady's uniform, they did not know what to do.

In any case, our job was not to teach them but to monitor the uniform. One Thai instructor got embarrassed and told several girls to leave his room because their short skirts made him uncomfortable. I don't know where he learned to be an idiot but he learned somewhere.

The problem of interfering with students is just an extension of the early school years. In my former university, we even took attendance every day. Parents can't get their children to attend a university so let the university be the parent during the day time. Most of the students I saw should not have been there. 75% should have remained at home learning to grow up. To most, their parents forced them to attend the university, most got into fields of study they did not like nor could manage. We even had students paying off the university just to graduate if their GPA's were not 2.00. It seems the powes to be have nothing better to do so pick on uniforms. Who cares what they learn, let them behave and look like their grandparents did 60 years ago. This is just some low-level bureaucrat trying to draw attention to something that will not change. The skirts just keep getting shorter every year. Most male teachers like it but the female teachers are probably jealous that they don't look that good.

I don't get what learning, school and degrees have to do with sex-appeal, end of the skirts hem and cat-walk-style behavior!

Anybody shows up in office with his Muscle-Shirt and Velvet Tiger Stretch Pants?

Guess there is somewhere a line there - I do understand that educations starts at home, but I am sure, this is NOT the way they leave and come home..... :)

But then personally I don't mind the sight.... :D

i got caned for wearing fluorescent socks at school :)

has anyone of you guys noticed the contradiction here. Most service ladies change into jeans or trousers and very much dress down when travelling around because it offers better protection against rape by taxi drivers or incitement of the god-like thai man . Girls have a very real fear of such compromise in the macho LOS leader country.

I doubt whether these girls flaunt themselves around bkk after dark in such a provocative manner

If I were one of these girls, I would sue the Nation for all the money I could get... I just wonder how many more of these photos were doctored? Or if that was really the photo posted on the Nation? I did not see the actual article on the Nation.

...No photo on the Online version of the Nation... George, can you explain this?

Looking at the picture on utube and the one in the nation,, It has been touched up.,the girl on the left now has a tighter blouse, and her right leg is thinner than her right, the girl on the right has different legs now. So it would seem the picture was doctored to suit the headlines
Edited by toybits

Every country faces that fashion problem. What is the big deal ??

Please don't start with the bullshit that sexy dressing invites predator like rapist or murderer. Those are irresponsible reason giving by the Police or Government that is too lazy to do more patrolling and too busy hiding behind trees and intersection hoping to get some "extra cash".

Don't discriminated female!! Their are just minding their own business.

I love the tight shirts and shorts skirts, but must disagree with this poster. Women who dress this way DO invite male attention. Of course, they only want attention from certain males that appeal to them, but it doesn't work that way. They will get attention from anyone who sees them and finds them desirable - including many UNdesirable men. So that is the risk they take. Either dress conservatively or take what you get - your choice ladies! :)

This photo has been circulating for some time. One thing I noticed is that the Photo that has been attached and the photo on the attached video by Loong on post nbr. 49 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTJZ4HUol2E) at around 2:02 minutes into the video are not the same. The attached photo has been retouched. The original photo shows the girls in much more decent (translated as longer) skirts.

VeryShortSkirts.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Chulalongkorn University (CU) is campaigning for students to comply with its dress code, while Thammasat University (TU) wants to the government to launch a "Social Cabinet" to tackle the issue of students wearing uniforms inappropriately.

<cut>

Deputy Education Minister Chaiwuti Bannawat agreed that students need good discipline and praised universities' successful efforts in improving the standard of their students' dress.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009-08-19

Oooh I do love a good conspiracy theory with some nice 'doctored' pics! First it was that Lee Harvey Oswald pictured with a rifle, to look like a marksman - when we all know he was a slimy but impotent patsy and it was them mafioso/CIA fellers who really did for the American president!! Now we got hard-working young lady-students superimposed with shortened skirts and new, sexier slim legs just so some Uni dons and their ministerial cronies can start a campaign to strip em of such unbecoming attire, probably while the disgruntled old chaps stand there, overseeing in suitably stony faced manner, whilst a complete undress/ redress takes place!!!!!

Edited by leebeeUK

When you're about 30 something or over and you remember the same huge issue in your country years

and years ago when you were a kid - Somehow as you travel past school yards now today and in a different

country and see children in uniforms you think to yourself that there is a reason for it and the reason is a tradition

and the tradition is a good thing. Already by the mid seventies the students in jr high and grade school had

won that war in the US and disbanded wearing any uniforms. (Thirty, forty years ago in the US). Not being able

to explain why I think kids should wear uniforms to school and the girls uniforms shouldn't be custom altered to

practically be a bikini. I'm older than 40 and it's 2009 "and that's the way it is" (Except if I were

a kid a again I sure as heck wouldn't want to wear any uniform to school and I never had to!)

VeryShortSkirts.jpg

<cut>

pixku-com1200128342000232527.jpg

having also a look to the different picture size, posted on the web,

http://tineye.com/search/2fc4defcb2ae20998...05edc0b35038d98

no, not much difference, but you see the version with more leg is covered

the idea, clothes are to short, is typical for politicians, living a life in an aircon world

Edited by DisainaM

I think the OP, as moderator “George”, should have used more discretion in adding this photo. NO PICTURE was in the original article, and I think deliberately stirring people up is rather unethical – for someone entrusted with supervising a legally responsible news outlet in Thailand. You put posters AND this site at risk for making comments based on your “inside joke”.

Not funny, very dangerous.

Next time, disclose your deception.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2009/08/19...al_30110110.php

Every country faces that fashion problem. What is the big deal ??

Please don't start with the bullshit that sexy dressing invites predator like rapist or murderer. Those are irresponsible reason giving by the Police or Government that is too lazy to do more patrolling and too busy hiding behind trees and intersection hoping to get some "extra cash".

Don't discriminated female!! Their are just minding their own business.

I love the tight shirts and shorts skirts, but must disagree with this poster. Women who dress this way DO invite male attention. Of course, they only want attention from certain males that appeal to them, but it doesn't work that way. They will get attention from anyone who sees them and finds them desirable - including many UNdesirable men. So that is the risk they take. Either dress conservatively or take what you get - your choice ladies! :)

Why dont we ask them why they dress that way rather than make assumptions. And however someone wants to dress it doesnt excuse rape or other sex crimes. That "she was aking for it" is a load of BS by maladjusted undersexed dudes who no woman would be interested in imho possibly excluding those in the service industry.

they are Thaigirls :P

a falang is a falang is a falang. &lt;deleted&gt;! :D

why CAUCASIAN men?? what do u know about the colour of my skin? :) lets just call it MEN....and if I have to study in an university which allows students to look more like little bit....s as STUDENTS guess it makes it hard for me to learn anything there :D students which are visiting these univertitys in Thailand for the reason of LEARNING (universitys ARE for learning) will surely not dress up like these girls.

and I have nothing against any lady who makes her money with caucasian or other men....I know why Thailand is rich and the NO 1 visited country in Asia :D

have a great day :D

because the term "falang" was being used here, on this forum. Falang does not mean foreigner, nor westerner. For Orientals born and raised in, lets say the USA from American born and raised parents, are not falang. Falang means Caucasian. Just being politically correct here, most Thai are not, so it rubs off. Who doesn't like a good rubbing?

Perhaps he read this

Conditions of Muslim Dress Code

Clothing must cover the entire body, only the hands and face may remain visible (According to some Fiqh Schools).

The material must not be so thin that one can see through it.

The clothing must hang loose so that the shape of the body is not apparent.

The female clothing must not resemble the man's clothing.

The design of the clothing must not resemble the clothing of the non-believing women.

The design must not consist of bold designs which attract attention.

Clothing should not be worn for the sole purpose of gaining reputation or increasing one's status in society.

and have many friends in the south

post-75064-1250668941.jpg

ok, that's it, goodbye Thailand. i'm outta here.

By the way, can we all start posting pictures of cute girls in tight while shirts and black skirts again?

I have just volunteered to be a uniform inspector to assist in the 'crack' down, and yes please can we have some pics?

I think it is very good. Why does young school children have to look like prostitude !

These 'young school children' are old enough to have a sex life and to get married according to Thai law. Furthermore, not all students are 18-19 year olds.

BTW what does a prostitute look like? Is it possible to make a judgment on a stranger's morals by the way they dress? Ever hear of peer pressure?

Any lady that dresses to bring a smile to my face and raises my pulse a little is a welcome sight as far as I am concerned.

THESE PHOTOS AND DRESS ARE NOT ALL THAT DIFFERENT THAN MINI-SKIRTED LADIES IN THE 60's IN THE U.S./UK

Is this too short?

university_girls.jpg

I agree - a clampdown is obviously needed. I mean look at the above pic - thats not a uniform - a uniform should be "identical or consistent, as from example to example" - I mean there are obvious and blatent inconsistencies in that footwear, and that is just not good enough! :)