Maxnet Occasionally Giving Me Private Ip

Veazer

I've noticed a few times lately when i check the router that Maxnet's DHCP server has given me a non-routable/private IP. If this is the direction they are heading, i think could really hurt VoIP, torrents, home servers, gaming, anything else requiring a public IP. Anyone else seen this or know what's going on?

As if this company needed to find another way to frustrate their customers.

post-a91477-.html.png

post-2597-1250657689_thumb.png

I've noticed a few times lately when i check the router that Maxnet's DHCP server has given me a non-routable/private IP. If this is the direction they are heading, i think could really hurt VoIP, torrents, home servers, gaming, anything else requiring a public IP. Anyone else seen this or know what's going on?

As if this company needed to find another way to frustrate their customers.

post-a91477-.html.png

This is the same as used by CAT fdor their CDMA service

VOIP and all the applications I've tried (I am not a gamer) seem to work OK, but it is impossible to open a port for torrents so your speeds suffer

You normally only get that IP assigned if there is a problem with their RAS server (the server that authenticates your username and password).

This can happen due to a technical glitch, or by being behind with your bill.

It will normally redirect you to a screen saying that you have an outstanding bill, and a button called accept.

Clicking the button will result in you being given a normal public IP address and normal service resumes.

...or by being behind with your bill...

:) ahhh, might be the cause (though I prefer to think of it as a subtle protest for horrid service)

I wasn't browsing when it occurred, just trying to use skype and vpn, so i never saw the screen. I just renewed the connection and got a new IP.