And If Your 90th Day Is A Sunday, Then What?

I am a Brit living in Chiang Mai on a retirement visa. This was issued on 23 June 2009 and valid until 23 June 2010. I have to report to the immigration office every 90 days, and have a slip stapled in my passport showing the first date to report is today, Sunday 23 August 2009. Went there, but the office is shut. Pity that the nice colourful leaflet that they give you shows opening hours but not opening days.

I'll be there again on Monday, but what should I say if they tell me I'm in trouble?

I am a Brit living in Chiang Mai on a retirement visa. This was issued on 23 June 2009 and valid until 23 June 2010. I have to report to the immigration office every 90 days, and have a slip stapled in my passport showing the first date to report is today, Sunday 23 August 2009. Went there, but the office is shut. Pity that the nice colourful leaflet that they give you shows opening hours but not opening days.

I'll be there again on Monday, but what should I say if they tell me I'm in trouble?

No trouble at all, you have plus or minus seven (7) days from the appointed day to make the report.

Mac

Duh. :)

I am retired also and I was due to report to the Immigration office today 23rd August, however when I was there last month I took note of the opening and closing times so I went last Friday 21st.

No problem for them and also no problem for me apart from the 200km drive each way.

There are very nice people in the Mae Sot office and it is a pleasure to go there.

Edited by billd766

You are talking about doing your 90 days report. You can do this by mail, you don't have to go to Mae Sod. For doing your 90 day report you have a window of 7 days before and after the exact date.

Hi Mario

I realise that I don't have to go there but the point I was trying to make (and failed miserably :) ) is that the time I was there I did take note of the opening and closing times and like all good TV members I have the TV calendar which also gives me the public holidays. :D :D

I also downloaded a copy of the 90 calculator from TV.

You are talking about doing your 90 days report. You can do this by mail, you don't have to go to Mae Sod. For doing your 90 day report you have a window of 7 days before and after the exact date.

Hi Mario

I realise that I don't have to go there but the point I was trying to make (and failed miserably :) ) is that the time I was there I did take note of the opening and closing times and like all good TV members I have the TV calendar which also gives me the public holidays. :D:D

I also downloaded a copy of the 90 calculator from TV.

Actualy, I was replying to th original post. Maybe I should have made that clearer.