I Canceled My Holiday In Thailand

PaulUSA302

Youve just bagged yourself a bargain break to Scotland havent you ?? come on be honest ,,,,,

I never thought of going there. I wonder how that would work out as related to money spent? I spend an average of $5,000 for a 4 week stay in Thailand. I wonder what $5,000 USD would get me for a 4 week stay in Scotland?

The current Scottish / US climate you will probably get a years all incl.. Oh and by the way they also have funny men noncing about in skirts

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Youve just bagged yourself a bargain break to Scotland havent you ?? come on be honest ,,,,,

I never thought of going there. I wonder how that would work out as related to money spent? I spend an average of $5,000 for a 4 week stay in Thailand. I wonder what $5,000 USD would get me for a 4 week stay in Scotland?

The current Scottish / US climate you will probably get a years all incl.. Oh and by the way they also have funny men noncing about in skirts

I think a visit too Scotland would be too much like living in a Monty Python's skit.... AND if I were there and in a restaurant and heard a Scot order "Spam" I may spit out my drink! :)

In Scotland you,ll meet lots of

Scots.

Reminds me of when I went to New York, I met a lot of Yanks

Pun intended......

I met a lot of Germans ,,but maybe thats just me.

Edited by soihok

Did you have friends in Thailand before your first trip? You say you won't travel to a place where you don't know anybody. Seems limiting.

I had some Friends that had a Thai friend meet me at the Airport and show me around Thailand on my first visit.

I can remember my first visit to Thailand... Talk about being a fish out of water..... I was one timid little pup when I arrived :)

I have travelled throughout the highlands and if you really, really want to get away from it, go to the top where you,ll find a town called Durness,, I could read my book there at 11pm.

Dont go in winter unless you like cold and cold.

The town of Durness is in the county of Sutherland.

Beautiful place at the right time of year

Many of you may remember me from previous posts about my adventures in Thailand. In those posts I talked about some of the wonderful and great times that I have had in Thailand. I talked about the friends I made and the exciting adventures that seem to lend them self to me while in the land of smiles. I also talked about some of the bad things that happened to me and near me. Some of those experiences caused me to put a return visit to Thailand on hold. It turns out that if I had come I would have been stuck in Thailand at the Airport for an untold amount of time and that would have lead to an avalanche of problems here at home.

Earlier this year I decided that I would come back to Thailand and enjoy the company of the friends I made and explore more of Thailand and make some new friends. I was feeling eager to return and explore and enjoy the things that I have come to love about Thailand; the food, the shopping, the motor-bike taxis, the kindness of the people, the overall Thai style... I wanted that again. I also loved meeting visitors from all over the world who were vacationing in the land of smile.

With all the negative things happening there that I have read on this board as well as others, I have decided to move my holiday from October to December, but as the bad new continues, I have decided to cancel my holiday there altogether. I won't be visiting Thailand this year at all.

I hope and wish all the best for Thailand, its people and those who visit there.

So there you have it. If any of you wonder if all that is going on there has any effect of return visitors to Thailand, yes it does. It had an effect on me.

Living with all the gun toting cowboys in the States going to town hall meetings and such, I really don't feel that I am quite the thrillseeker upon my return to LOS in the next few months.

Many of you may remember me from previous posts about my adventures in Thailand.

Paul for some reason I think, Alice Alice who <deleted> is Alice. Who would bother remembering and adventurer guided by a chat forum Alice, woops sorry meant Pauly

Many of you may remember me from previous posts about my adventures in Thailand.

Paul for some reason I think, Alice Alice who <deleted> is Alice. Who would bother remembering and adventurer guided by a chat forum Alice, woops sorry meant Pauly

Rainbow Bar..Nana...almost a national anthem...about 9-34pm...every night ....and then 27 more times......

must learn the words ... :)

Rainbow Bar..Nana...almost a national anthem...about 9-34pm...every night ....and then 27 more times......

must learn the words ... :D

arrggg got it wrong ...its the bar next door....now wots its name again..? :)

Thanks. I have been exchanging e-mails with some of my friends and they understand but they think my decision not to come is based on the swine flu.... I don't have the heart to tell them that the swine flu has nothing to do with my decision.....

Have you decided on an alternative for your vacation?

I am probably going to bank my 4 weeks and use them later. I thought about selling them back to my employer but I don't need the money... So I may split it, Bank half and sell back half.

I thought about Puerto Rico the Dominican Republic but they don't seem to appeal to me at the moment.

the grass is always greener............

South America has a drug and gang culture element to it that I doubt you would like.

Thanks. I have been exchanging e-mails with some of my friends and they understand but they think my decision not to come is based on the swine flu.... I don't have the heart to tell them that the swine flu has nothing to do with my decision.....

Have you decided on an alternative for your vacation?

I am probably going to bank my 4 weeks and use them later. I thought about selling them back to my employer but I don't need the money... So I may split it, Bank half and sell back half.

I thought about Puerto Rico the Dominican Republic but they don't seem to appeal to me at the moment.

the grass is always greener............

South America has a drug and gang culture element to it that I doubt you would like.

Do you have first hand experience of this?

Yeah, you can see it in some clubs. The middle aged blinged out guys that sit in the corner with their girlfriends doing coke. I wonder what kind of business they are in......

Remineds me of my visit in Puerto Rico. I met a girl.... Anyway, I helped her with her car and she took me to a dance club. When it came time to call it a night she wanted to drive me back to my hotel but I feared she would have more car problems so I told her I would walk back to my hotel. (I LOVE to walk, that way I can see more of the places and people and enjoy more of the elements of my visit).

She worried for me and told me that if I was recognized as being a tourist there could be trouble for me. But then told me that I could pass for being Puerto Rican and that if I didn't speak to anyone, everyone would think I was Puerto Rican and not bother me. I took her advice, kept my mouth shut and walked the 4 or 5 miles back to my hotel.

And talk about friendly! If I simply looked across the street, traffic would come to a stop with the thought that I wanted to cross...

Even the guys who ripped me off of $3 did so in a very nice way! LOL

Yeah, you can see it in some clubs. The middle aged blinged out guys that sit in the corner with their girlfriends doing coke. I wonder what kind of business they are in......

I have travelled extentsively throughtout South America.

I have been working daily with Colombians until the middle of this year.

What is going on SA is not what you see in Discos in Thailand

A weekend at Gleneagles... :)

An almost mind-boggling quantity of porridge ? :)

Remineds me of my visit in Puerto Rico. I met a girl.... Anyway, I helped her with her car and she took me to a dance club. When it came time to call it a night she wanted to drive me back to my hotel but I feared she would have more car problems so I told her I would walk back to my hotel. (I LOVE to walk, that way I can see more of the places and people and enjoy more of the elements of my visit).

[snipped...]

You gave up a fun night with a local girl, so you could enjoy a 4mile walk?

Sigh, what a joke of an excuse.

The economic crisis and having no money would have been more believable. By all means stay home. Please do.

\\

Carib, do you work for the TAT? Seems your marketing approach is the same. :)

Edited by Beacher