Siam Commercial Bank

My wife made in the afternoon (3p.m.) a money cash transfer of THB 46.000; in the evening the bank called at 9 p.m. that the video camera saw that my wife payed by cash only THB 40.000; I called the hotline of the bank by myself to figure out what's going on and they checked and apologized; Wooooooooooooooooo;

but can you imagine: you give your money to this bank, and they are treat you like a criminal back. Be really carefully where you put your money. I will for sure withdraw all my money from the siam "commercial" bank. I lost my trust in this kind of activities. Its already the second time.

Edited by dreddy

My wife made in the afternoon (3p.m.) a money cash transfer of THB 46.000; in the evening the bank called at 9 p.m. that the video camera saw that my wife payed by cash only THB 40.000; I called the hotline of the bank by myself to figure out what's going on and they checked and apologized; Wooooooooooooooooo;

but can you imagine: you give your money to this bank, and they are treat you like a criminal back. Be really carefully where you put your money. I will for sure withdraw all my money from the siam "commercial" bank. I lost my trust in this kind of activities. Its already the second time.

:)

When I worked in the Faroe Islands (Danish territory) a similar situation happened to a woman who worked for a local travel agency. She went to a bank to deposit the company reciepts. She had some Danish Kroner, some U.S. Dollars, and some British Pounds. The bank clerk filled out a deposit slip for her, based on the listed daily rates for converting the foriegn currency to Kroner. His calculations were wrong, as he entered the wrong rate for the U.K. pounds. The travel agency employee didn't check the rate, she just accepted what the bank clerk had entered. She was short about 6000 Danish Kroner (about 600 pounds then) due to the clerk's error. When she returned to the travel agency, the local police were waiting. The bank had reported the discrepancy to the police and they were waiting for her at the travel agency office. The error was straightened out and found to be the bank clerk's error.

Just a good lesson on how banks are "your friends". Never forget, as the American humorist Will Rogers once said, "Banks want to lend you an umbrella as long as the sun is shining; but once it looks like rain, they want their umbrella back, with interest added on."

:D

edited to correct pound/Kroner rate.

Edited by IMA_FARANG

I will not defend SCB but only say the banks screw up and people screw up all the time. As someone once said "Ye without sin cast the first stone". The bank admitted the error and apologized what more do you need.?

a reason to rant :)

Mistakes can happen anywhere. After all bank tellers are also humans and they make mistakes.

A while ago my wife withdrew money from our local TFB branch and when she got home found out there are 5K to much in her purse.

She called the branch but only gave the counter number and time she withdrew the money and asked them to do an audit of this counter (not giving any details like amount or +-), an hour later they called and informed her that the teller was short of 5K.

My wife went and returned the 5K.

opalhort

I will not defend SCB but only say the banks screw up and people screw up all the time. As someone once said "Ye without sin cast the first stone". The bank admitted the error and apologized what more do you need.?

Perhaps a bank that checks, double checks,and thinks twice before accusing the customer!!!?????.......an apology clearly only offered after the bank had done what should have been done in the first place!!!!........the guy has valid cause to complain.