Living Well In Thailand

Engman

My first post. I am 45 and later in year will have 6 months career break after 30 years working hard. Will stay in Thailand, have been on holidays before and spent loads of money in bars and BG, will have to calm down. First few weeks will treat as holiday and find nice BG to show me around. Will want to find apartment in Sukhumvit, BKK area and live it up weekends travelling to Pattaya and such areas. Could anyone give me idea how much i need, assuming BG in toe most of time and several changs.

Other things i need to find out about is insurance, and border crossings with multi trip tourist visa.

My first post.  I am 45 and later in year will have 6 months career break after 30 years working hard.  Will stay in Thailand, have been on holidays before and spent loads of money in bars and BG, will have to calm down.  First few weeks will treat as holiday and find nice BG to show me around.  Will want to find apartment in Sukhumvit, BKK area and live it up weekends travelling to Pattaya and such areas.  Could anyone give me idea how much i need, assuming BG in toe most of time and several changs.

Other things i need to find out about is insurance, and border crossings with multi trip tourist visa.

...you've been here before...and looks like you know what's up around Thailand...so you are not able to think how much is enough for you????

.... .... ..... ..... ..... .....!!!!!!

My first post.  I am 45 and later in year will have 6 months career break after 30 years working hard.  Will stay in Thailand, have been on holidays before and spent loads of money in bars and BG, will have to calm down.  First few weeks will treat as holiday and find nice BG to show me around.  Will want to find apartment in Sukhumvit, BKK area and live it up weekends travelling to Pattaya and such areas.  Could anyone give me idea how much i need, assuming BG in toe most of time and several changs.

...you've been here before...and looks like you know what's up around Thailand...so you are not able to think how much is enough for you????

Have stayed in hotel before, not sure about cost of apartment

my vote

100k baht a mth

Have stayed in hotel before, not sure about cost of apartment

can be less than 60K, but 60K is very right.

gf rental is about 1K per day, booze - 500 a day- non stop,

so, you'll need extra 20-30K for food and accomodation.

100K per month for two-three - perfect vacation for hard working man.

Sounds like 60K to 100K baht per month; the major variables being the quality of your digs and how generous you are to the lucky bg.

Here we go again!

Don'tcha' love it!

I'd put his first month's expenses closer to 150k tho...

I am expert on this area dude. Do not sell yourself short and have a min. of 150k on hand. You'll need 75k for a decent serviced 1br apt like grand prez. dont listen to the cheap charlie misers

A lot depends on what you are willing to spend. Cheap apartment or more expensive, serviced apartment. Dining in or restaurants all the way. Living it up every weekend, or a good trip once a month ? Too many variables.

The way I figure it, your monthly expenses could be:

15,000 - decent, serviced apartment

30,000 - BG or BGs (rotate often so you don't end up buying a lot of expensive "presents")

50,000 - Food (dining for 2 people, thai/western food, mostly restaurants)

30,000 - Booze (drinking for 2 people with little else to do all day)

25,000 - "Living It Up" weekends, travel, hotels, shopping, ect.

150,000 per month x 6 = 900,000 baht ! (25,000 US ?)

Me ? I squeak by on about 40,000 baht a month. (I could spend more, but why ?)

I am expert on this area dude. Do not sell yourself short and have a min. of 150k on hand. You'll need 75k for a decent serviced 1br apt like grand prez. dont listen to the cheap charlie misers

75K is towards the high end of what people pay. I don't think spending 50% of your budget on rented accommodation makes financial sense.

Don't listen to'em they're only joking with you.You'll find it out when you get there.Rent a cheap flat for 3000bth a month ,live on rice and chicken. You'll do fine on 10 000 bath a month.The chicks manage it so why can't you?.............yes, and you'll need to find a pretty cheap girl.

:o