Pregnant Thai Woman Detained For Smuggling Cocaine

webfact

if plants werent illegal, IE in the hands of criminals, there could be no desire to 'smuggle' something which could be obtained legally.

unless it was taxed into a bracket out of ppls reach. ALA aids meds.

ef

MY point is, prohibition makes ppl rich. not safer. and certainly not smarter,

Im sure there would be less conviction related deaths, but your point is moot, because there would be an increase in abuse related deaths. and other larger social problems created by the ease of access to those whom may not have had access to such products before.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It won't go away - it will only cause more evil, vice, horrific suffering, pain and loss.....

and on the other side unusual wealth and riches...

everyone is responsible for him/herself, where ever, whenever, however, for ever!

...easy as that - both ways!

why people climb everest, do free diving, para gliding, stear a F1 Car -

all risking death, but no one thinks about this uncontrollable shadow a blink of a second!

Edited by Samuian

Strange, EVERYONE i spoke with who took it said it was one of their best moments in their whole lifes and now you say it f_ucks up lifes.

I´m confused now :) they all lie?

im gonna go out on a limb and say that the people that live under narcoterrorism rule ie. colombia, bolivia, peru ect would hardly agree with you that it is a harmless thing. Unless you consider the kidnappings, assinations, bombings, murders, tens if not hundreds of thousands of families destroyed in south america that directly relate to this product as something that they find amusing...i feel no pity for those stupid enough to allow themselves to be used as mules. We all have the option to choose our paths, some just let greed make the decision for them. This unfortunate incident has created a child as the real victim, whom will now have its life forever changed.. I bet the kid would have been much happier poor and with a mother than not.

Those people are under that duress for the reason that the drugs are illegal, not because the drugs are dangerous.

If the drugs was legal there wouldn't be the same issue with drug-barons and drug-wars, right?

aah, lets refresh your memory real quickly, and its a bit childish to even pretend that the whole leagalize it thing is ever going to occur on a world wide scale, no?

Jesus H Christ, you seriously lack the basic ability to read a plainly written text in English.

Maybe I need to write it super-simple English for you? Well, I'm not an English teacher. Ask your teacher for help. So here goes:

No, it doesn't say that drugs aren't dangerous, it says that people in COLOMBIA, BOLIVIA and PERU (etc) is living under duress because of the drugs legal status, not because drugs are super dangerous (or not). The drugs danger is irrelevant to the people living in the areas of the drug cartels.

Do you understand now or do I need to draw a flowchart for you?

Edited by TAWP

It's actually correct logic. You aren't a drug mule because it is illegal. Yes?

Your argument is weak, irrelevant and misses the point completely.

Drugs are illegal. If you decide to be a drug mule and get caught, expect some pretty severe rope burn and little sympathy.

Your logic is weak since your argument is that since I haven't been a drug-mule than the War on Drugs (i.e. not even the legislation itself that declared the trafficking illegal) should be deemed successful.

If that is the bar you set to measure success, then I humbly suggest you to up your aim a little.

I am actually unsure of what your point is.

My point is clear. Drugs are illegal. Mules that get caught deserve to be put to death, and that is a deterrent to others.

You cant get any more severe than killing someone who gets caught. If that doesn't deter someone, then I don't see a softening of the approach providing more of a deterrent, or legalising hard drugs as a solution to pregnant women muling drugs...

What is your point again?

That your argument that the War on Drugs is working is clearly false.

The mere point that people ARE willing to risk death for it is a sign of that. Not the other way around.

Ok, lets make the penalty for drugs more severe - kill the person, their family, all their friends and anyone they went to school with on prime time TV in between Thai soap operas.

Would it stop stupid people taking the risk? No, it wouldn't. People involved with drugs are inherently stupid.

With your simple logic, even if a single person was caught as a drug mule, the War on Drugs is not working.

Wake up junior. The War on Drugs will NEVER be won. Never. But killing people is the MAXIMUM that can be done to hopefully deter others. It works on me, and I'm pretty sure it works on most smart people, but feel free to prove me wrong on that. I support killing anyone caught with a single ecstasy pill, maybe that would start to have an effect...maybe.

Do you actually have a proposed solution or is this the limit to your argument?

Wake up junior. The War on Drugs will NEVER be won. Never. But killing people is the MAXIMUM that can be done to hopefully deter others. It works on me, and I'm pretty sure it works on most smart people, but feel free to prove me wrong on that. I support killing anyone caught with a single ecstasy pill, maybe that would start to have an effect...maybe.

Impressive logic Mr/Ms Lock.

Malaysia and Singapore already have (close to) the sort of draconian drug laws you advocate. But guess what - people are still being caught, and executed, for breaking what are simply unsupportable and unsustainable laws.

So deterrence really works, doesn't it! :)

And it has been so effective for the past 50 years :D :D :D

I support killing anyone caught with a single ecstasy pill, maybe that would start to have an effect...maybe.

Do you smoke, drink alcohol, coffee or tea?

If you ever bothered to read any other users posts, and I don't mean skim them, you would see that I and several others have already stated a solution.

Let's treat the merchandise as you treat tobacco, alcohol, coffee and tea.

^great solution - we will have a flood of OD(s) and fked up people causing all sorts of crimes. Lot of these drugs you propose to make legal - change brain chemistry, and people tend to do all sort fo crazy things.

You seriously want Crack, Speed, Coke, Heroin, Ice and all sorts of sh*te legal? :) You think there is a drug problem now, just wait.

^great solution - we will have a flood of OD(s) and fked up people causing all sorts of crimes. Lot of these drugs you propose to make legal - change brain chemistry, and people tend to do all sort fo crazy things.

You seriously want Crack, Speed, Coke, Heroin, Ice and all sorts of sh*te legal? :) You think there is a drug problem now, just wait.

Cmon britmaveric you dont see the upside of being able to purchase a few grams of yabba at 7-11? I mean really a pack of cigarettes, a cold bottle of iced tea and 10 grams of yabba should do wonders for the road rage in bangkok.... lol yeah that makes sense...

Malaysia and Singapore already have (close to) the sort of draconian drug laws you advocate. But guess what - people are still being caught, and executed, for breaking what are simply unsupportable and unsustainable laws.

It's Mr. DLock to you, and when you have a solution to the problem, I'll deal with you then.

Until then, 5th grade debates don't interest me much.

I support killing anyone caught with a single ecstasy pill, maybe that would start to have an effect...maybe.

Do you smoke, drink alcohol, coffee or tea?

If you ever bothered to read any other users posts, and I don't mean skim them, you would see that I and several others have already stated a solution.

Let's treat the merchandise as you treat tobacco, alcohol, coffee and tea.

That's it? That's your solution?

Your logic is that we can't deter people by killing them, so we will legalize and control it? And you data point of success is tobacco and alcohol? Last I checked not a lot of people were killed by tea or coffee, or killed others in a Earl-Grey frenzy. I think you're reaching a bit. Pain killers or simple paracetamol may have been better choices to defend your point.

Given your rather scant details of how that will solve the problem, I'm assuming your logic is that people don't mule cigarettes and alcohol is because they are easily available in a "controlled" manner from every 7/11. It's not like those 2 drugs already kill millions every year, both from self use, and from collateral damage, but let's make more damaging and dangerous drugs available to a whole new market, advertise it to attract new younger users and tax it, so at least the Government makes more money. I assume you'll be selling it at next to nothing, because the moment it can be made or bought cheaper elsewhere, just like cigarettes and alcohol today, it will be smuggled across borders. So, now you have a powerful drug at a few baht, available at 7/11 to uneducated users who often think if one pill is good, more is better. Problem solved...only problem is, you will probably end up killing millions of mildly stupid people instead of the few really stupid mules they catch today with drugs destined for those stupid people.

And when more powerful synthetic drugs are developed by backyard chemists and a pregnant mule gets caught with 2kg in Malaysia...where do you go then?

Perhaps it's just my background, but people who defend legalizing drugs and making them more accessible always make me very suspicious. I can think of no reason for any logical person to want more drugs more easily accessible.

Perhaps my suspicion is incorrect and you are just uneducated on drugs, and I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt to this point. Google is your friend.

But feel free to enlighten us on this most excellent plan to legalize and control drugs...

/General Notice/

Kindly be reminded on the topic title

We should try to stay on topic and not start to discuss whether taking certain substances are good or bad.

Thanks for your cooperation

WF

This is a discussion on how to solve the problem of drug mules, not a discussion on taking substances.

Your moderation is unwarranted.

/General Notice/

Kindly be reminded on the topic title

We should try to stay on topic and not start to discuss whether taking certain substances are good or bad.

Thanks for your cooperation

WF

This is a discussion on how to solve the problem of drug mules, not a discussion on taking substances.

Your moderation is unwarranted.

Kindly take note of this forum rule

21) Not to discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy

Thank you

It's Mr. DLock to you, and when you have a solution to the problem, I'll deal with you then.

How about if I go down to 3rd grade - would you be capable of understanding that?

I somehow doubt that you would even be interested, even if you had the comprehension.

How about if I go down to 3rd grade - would you be capable of understanding that?

I somehow doubt that you would even be interested, even if you had the comprehension.

I'm pretty sure I can comprehend any solution you can come up with.

...but we both know that's not going to happen.

Carry on Junior.

Carry on Junior.

Your arrogant ways even against a moderator indicates that you have no influence regarding this in any way that can affect me or my families life. I therefor will resist to argue the point with you further as it is clearly a waste of time. Now I am back to watching paint dry.

Carry on Junior.

Your arrogant ways even against a moderator indicates that you have no influence regarding this in any way that can affect me or my families life. I therefor will resist to argue the point with you further as it is clearly a waste of time. Now I am back to watching paint dry.

As expected. Nothing. Feign disinterest, when the fact is, you got nothing kid.

"Your arrogant ways even against a moderator indicates that you have no influence regarding this in any way that can affect me or my families life"...firstly I really have no idea how those 2 statements are connected and secondly....that's the reason you give in so easily? I think not. It's the Internet kid, I'm not trying to affect you or your families life. Why so paranoid?

You advocate legalizing hard drugs...it is YOU that are advocating policies that could DIRECTLY influence your families life. Is that your child on your avatar? You really want your child growing up in a world where drugs are easily available?

I think you may have been sitting a little close to the thinners when you watched that paint dry.

Next.

Drugs are readily available. Get educated.

...and that's your best effort?

"Drugs are readily available".

I have never been offered drugs in my 10 years in Thailand. Not one single time.

Perhaps we hang around in different social circles, because your statement that drugs are "readily available" is incorrect.

A correct statement might be "...in the circle of friends I choose to be associated with, drugs are readily available". That might be more correct and a clue to your attitude on drugs.

But, we digress. I'm still interested in your further explanation of "Let's treat the merchandise as you treat tobacco, alcohol, coffee and tea.", as all of them are available at my local Family Mart, so I am interested in how you see this working, and what aisle you think is most relevant.

:)

(And as an FYI, I have no interest in any usage of drugs, including tobacco etc. And that is besides the point.)

Take care.

ok, im not interested in continuing to argue, but would honestly like to hear just one solution from you, as you seem to be avoiding making a realistic suggestion, yes you have previously stated that making drugs avaliable like coffee or tea ect, but thats the kind of suggestion one would expect from a 17 stoner from santa cruz not rational adult, I dont think anyone is arguing that the worlds current drug policies is a sucess, but it does act as a deterrant to a large percentage of the population. One can not honestly argue that there have been less alcohol related deaths since the repeal of prohibition, Of course one can state that there are less smuggling and illicit alcohol trade related deaths, but alcohol abuse related deaths have far surpassed those during prohibition... would you not agree legal drugs would follow the same path as alcohol were they to be legalized?

Strange, EVERYONE i spoke with who took it said it was one of their best moments in their whole lifes and now you say it f_ucks up lifes.

im gonna go out on a limb and say that the people that live under narcoterrorism rule ie. colombia, bolivia, peru ect would hardly agree with you that it is a harmless thing. Unless you consider the kidnappings, assinations, bombings, murders, tens if not hundreds of thousands of families destroyed in south america that directly relate to this product as something that they find amusing...i feel no pity for those stupid enough to allow themselves to be used as mules. We all have the option to choose our paths, some just let greed make the decision for them. This unfortunate incident has created a child as the real victim, whom will now have its life forever changed.. I bet the kid would have been much happier poor and with a mother than not.

Those people are under that duress for the reason that the drugs are illegal, not because the drugs are dangerous.

If the drugs was legal there wouldn't be the same issue with drug-barons and drug-wars, right?

If more of us thought this way, maybe the whole thing could be sorted out. Good comment TAWP and very to the point!

If that's what it takes to send a message to all the idiots and reduce the drugs on the streets, then so be it.

Clearly the Thai woman sentenced to death a couple of weeks ago in Malaysia for 4kg of mull has had a huge deterrent effect on other potential mules.

The message has been really effective, hasn't it. And there has no doubt been a huge fall in the availability of drugs all over Malaysia.

Your argument lacks both coherence and sense.

what would you suggest then, as a realistic solution, mind you legalization may pass in some places but will never be legalized in other, so the need for mules will never go away, unless you think you can convince the saudis, malays, singaporeans to change their minds the west ok, maybe. the big boys will always be around, and stupid people will do their bidding.. Lend us some of your sense please

Just a thought.....The biggest "drug user groups" or % of users, are in the west - countries that could change the laws. Do you seriously think that this coke the girl was carrying, was going to be used by "Thai consumers"?? The 'Big boys' would be out of a job, if drugs were legalised under proper supervision - the dutch for eg. showed that heroin usage and drug related deaths, along with associated crime figures, all dropped when they allowed heroin addicts to legally use in specially formed clinics and no, a kid could not just walk in off the street and get to try it. There has to be a better way to stop drug lords making a fortune out of misery, than killing the poor couriers. As another poster stated, punishment just does not work. They are punishing the wrong people and will never get to the "right people"!!

Edited by newtronbom

I haven't read all the replies to this post, and to be frank, I don't want tot be bothered with it on a Sunday morning.

But after reading some of the replies, I'm confused abut the attitude of some posters.

If the arrested person would have been a "male" human being, the usual replies of "hang 'em high", "a drug dealer shall be hanged", "no drugs around my children", etc...

Hatred at the highest level.

But, we have here a "female species" who is on top pregnant.

Yes, the "poor girl" is only 22 years old and pregant (problably made pregnant by one of the drug barons during the whole setup to curb the justice).

Drug dealers have found out no country is carrying out a dead sentence against a pregnant woman, and the latest fashion is to look for a (young) girl to transport the drugs and make her pregnant.

Will the fact that they are using now pregnant girls for their sale business be more save for your children?

A word comes to mind when reading these replies: "pathetic".

And yes, drugs are ILLEGAL in most countries.

When you take drugs or sale drugs, you are doing something illegal and if you get busted you should pay for your crime.

Tobacco has been considered as not-a-drug for may years.

But the negative effects on your body when smoking tobacco, negative effects whcih nobody will deny, have been making it illegal to smoke tobacco in most places and in a few years from now, tobacco will be considered as a drug too.

Smoking tobacco at your own home is not a solution when others are passively inhaling your smoke and watching the "big man" holding a sigaret in his brown fingers.

My opninion is. let the baby live and send him to a place where he/she will get a good education.

But don't cuirb the justice by showing compassion to a female and lynch the males.

Wow great news - so instead of being executed, she will spend the rest of her life locked up, seperated from her child.

I am sure we will all sleep better knowing a 22 year old pregnant girl is safely locked behind bars - a joke and a very sad one at that.

At least I will sleep better then when I had to think about how many life's she would have f_cked up with that 2 kg cocaine.

spot on. Although I do agree with double standards, no one will ever admit to having done a few lines on this forum will they now? Problem is she was carrying a very large quantity and geez, she gambled with her life and lost and now she must die, its very black and white really no surprises here at all

No meaning, just another life lost and will it change anything?

Based on the amount of drugs around, I would say it was easier now than at anytime to get drugs.

Surely there are better ways to deal with the problem than just punishment - the rewards are so high that people will continue to make and sell them.

To execute this women would be a far worse crime than anything she has done.

I am also against Death Sentences, BUT not only sometimes I wish we had the same strong Law in Thailand the Malaysians or Singaporeans have!

In Thailand you can shoot somebody and go home on bail if you have enough money or a big name....is that the better law?

I dont think the Malaysians will kill here as long as she carry her baby or sings