Bay View Condos Pratamnak Hill

nick76

Hi all, im looking at renting a condo in pattaya long term. My friend has offered me the use of his condo in pratamnak( BAY VIEW). What is this block like and the surrounding area, is it quiet and would you recommend it for a farang family ie. NOT BY ALL THE MADNESS, many thanks :)

the beach is one of the worst i pattaya, for some reason a lot of plastic bags come driftin in with the tide. But ...its quite relaxed, and thats a nice thing.

There's a lot of taxies down at Asia Hotel, so i think ur in town in 3 minuts

Edited by bilags

I'd say the beach is nice down at the bottom of the hill. It's right in front of several hotels / resorts and they always keep it clean.

It's the public access down to the beach that is the problem though, steep, broken steps with broken water pipes and full of rubbish.

It's in it's own bay so secluded and there's some bars, food and umbrellas and sunbeds along it but as they are operated by the hotels they're a little expensive.

Another option is the public beach at the bottom of Soi 5 which is cheaper but you're continually pestered by sellers.

Depending on traffic at the bottom of the hill at Pattaya end it's only about 5 minutes to South Road in a car. To get a songthaew though you have to walk to The Sugar Hut junction unless you go down the hill to Asia Pattaya Hotel and pay 200 Baht into Pattaya.

Hi all, im looking at renting a condo in pattaya long term. My friend has offered me the use of his condo in pratamnak( BAY VIEW). What is this block like and the surrounding area, is it quiet and would you recommend it for a farang family ie. NOT BY ALL THE MADNESS, many thanks :)

I went & looked at the Bayview condo 2 last week, nice quiet location just off Soi 4, great sea views, but for a newly built condo building, the finishing is very poor, walls cracking already, laquer coming off around the wooden steps around the small pool.

The 2 bedroom condo i was shown on the 5th floor for 8 million +, was basically just a shell, but had tiled floors & tiled bathrooms, but no built inns or a/c's or anything like that.

I noticed the same size condos on the ground floor are 5.6 milion baht, big jump in price when you go up a few floors?

There is still a reasonable sea view from the ground floor & pool area.

I have lived in a house on Phratmanak for 6 years so i know the area pretty well, & I like it up there

Edited by dickie58

Bayview 1 is nicer than Bayview 2, but Bayview 1's soi isn't very developed (which may be what you're looking for) in that there's no motorcycle taxi crew, and even the nearest minimart is one of those country minimarts located about 100-200 meters in either direction from the nearest 7-11 and Family Mart.

You might feel that Star Beach Condos are 'crowding you' a bit if you buy at Bayview 2. Bayview 1 still has that nice stand alone feel. One minor plus is that the little Thai style restaurant (unofficially called the Mango Tree shop in Thai) right next door to the left cooks some pretty good and cheap food. Incidentally they cater for the local palace if that's any indicator. You're also closer to the 7-11... yeah it's only 100 meters away instead of 400, but for day to day life (for many folks, especially single folks) 7-11 is kind of like a personal refrigerator, so the closer the better.

:)

. You're also closer to the 7-11... yeah it's only 100 meters away instead of 400, but for day to day life (for many folks, especially single folks) 7-11 is kind of like a personal refrigerator, so the closer the better.

I like that, never thought of a 7-11 that way but its true.

Another thing to consider is noise in the building, has all the remodeling been done?, if not your going to have no piece from 9am

Yeah, you can probably expect plenty of decorating going on as the rooms are indeed sold nearly naked.... not to mention that they either aren't selling well or sold and as yet undecorated by the new owners. You can see straight into most of the rooms from the next soi over.