Advice On Where To Go? (with A Unique Requirement)

pigh123

Hey everyone,

I've been traveling, partying and doing the touristy thing for the past couple of months in Bangkok and the southern islands and now I've got my new double entry tourist visa I feel like doing something a little different with my time, atleast for the next month.

So I thought i'd ask here for some friendly advice on where to go.

Heres some more info on what Im looking for

• Somewhere with some nice mountains/hiking trails
  • Cheap
  • Not as many tourists as the islands
  • Im not looking to drink or hang in bars or get bar girls
  • More interested in nature, wildlife and food/culture this time around
  • Somewhere with nice budget hotels under 14000baht a month, cheaper the better
  • Somewhere in the vicinity of a gym if possible
  • and heres the unique part, somewhere where I can play my guitar and write songs without feeling uncomfortable of annoying anyone

That last point is a bit strange but it is important to me. I came over here with my acoustic guitar and am now in the mood for writing some songs. But the thing is every time I pull out the guitar, whether in my bungalow or on the beach the locals are fine with it at first and usually start listening and then come over to talk, which is great but then I hate having to try and explain that im practicing/writing and I can tell they get a bit annoyed when I sing the same thing over and over. So yeah bit of a strange question I know but guess im looking for a place that dosnt have paper thin walls lol or would be even better if theres somewhere nearby I can go to be alone and practice, most of these tourist islands you cant escape people at all.

So far my thoughts have been to go north, Chiang Mai, Isaan(could be too much of a culture shock for me at the moment, playing music is my first priority at the moment)

Please let me know if you have any suggestions, im open to all advice.

and please dont post if your just going say something along the lines of

"why'd you come to thailand if you want to just write songs"

Thanks, Pete :)

PLEASE DELETE THIS THREAD

Hey everyone,

I've been traveling, partying and doing the touristy thing for the past couple of months in Bangkok and the southern islands and now I've got my new double entry tourist visa I feel like doing something a little different with my time, atleast for the next month.

• Cheap
  • and heres the unique part, somewhere where I can play my guitar and write songs without feeling uncomfortable of annoying anyone

That last point is a bit strange but it is important to me. I came over here with my acoustic guitar and am now in the mood for writing some songs. But the thing is every time I pull out the guitar, whether in my bungalow or on the beach the locals are fine with it at first and usually start listening and then come over to talk, which is great but then I hate having to try and explain that im practicing/writing and I can tell they get a bit annoyed when I sing the same thing over and over. So yeah bit of a strange question I know but guess im looking for a place that dosnt have paper thin walls lol or would be even better if theres somewhere nearby I can go to be alone and practice, most of these tourist islands you cant escape people at all.

So far my thoughts have been to go north, Chiang Mai, Isaan(could be too much of a culture shock for me at the moment, playing music is my first priority at the moment)

PLEASE DELETE THIS THREAD
Hey everyone,

• Cheap

Go to Kanchanaburi, Kanchanaburi. Very beautiful and peaceful. You can find guest houses everywhere.

I would recomend not staying in the city/town but outside somewhat.

I go almost every weekend from Bangkok and it is a whole different world there.

Dan

Go to Kanchanaburi, Kanchanaburi. Very beautiful and peaceful. You can find guest houses everywhere.

I would recomend not staying in the city/town but outside somewhat.

I go almost every weekend from Bangkok and it is a whole different world there.

Dan

Agree with Dan on this one, but stay in town on or near the river that is the cheapest place to stay and near all of the shops like 7/11 etc...

The Jolly Frog down Soi China, on the Menam Kwae Road, would be the place as they do have a large garden over looking the Kwae Yai and would suit your budget very nice.

Good food as well by the way :)

Yours truly,

Kan Win :D