"@sophos-out02.tttmaxnet.com

john b good

I will try to write this so that it is clear as to what I getting at.

Example (a) I send an email to someone and Cc some one else "no problems"

Example (aa) I want to send out an email to a bunch of people but so as to preserve their respective privacy I send them all out with their names in the blind Cc line. If I put my own name in the blind Cc and click send the email goes out to it's intended recipients and they (and of course I myself) all receive it with the message < Undisclosed-Recipient:;"@Sophos-Out02.tttmaxnet.com> >

I understand the "Undisclosed-Recipient" bit, but my question is how is this also being sent to, "@Sophos-Out02.tttmaxnet.com and what is the purpose of their infiltrating my email communications in this way and perhaps more importantly how do I prevent it happening.

I am using outlook express and loxinfo.co.th is my service provider.

Does anyone else have a similar problem.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Edited by john b good

I will try to write this so that it is clear as to what I getting at.

Example (a) I send an email to someone and Cc some one else "no problems"

Example (aa) I want to send out an email to a bunch of people but so as to preserve their respective privacy I send them all out with their names in the blind Cc line. If I put my own name in the blind Cc and click send the email goes out to it's intended recipients and they (and of course I myself) all receive it with the message < Undisclosed-Recipient:;"@Sophos-Out02.tttmaxnet.com> >

I understand the "Undisclosed-Recipient" bit, but my question is how is this also being sent to, "@Sophos-Out02.tttmaxnet.com and what is the purpose of their infiltrating my email communications in this way and perhaps more importantly how do I prevent it happening.

I am using outlook express and loxinfo.co.th is my service provider.

Does anyone else have a similar problem.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Are you using Sophos Anti-virus? Although I do not use this program I suspect it may be to show that the Sophos anti virus has scanned your outgoing mailfor viruses

This is my guess, Maxnet intercepts outgoing email connections to check them for virus and against spam filters. Are you putting any address in the 'To:' field at all? Try emailing something out with "To:" to yourself and BCC to the rest of the people and see if it still happens. I've seen some mail servers put undisclosed-recipient@<mail server IP address or hostname> as the "To:" name if it wasn't specified.

This is my guess, Maxnet intercepts outgoing email connections to check them for virus and against spam filters. Are you putting any address in the 'To:' field at all? Try emailing something out with "To:" to yourself and BCC to the rest of the people and see if it still happens. I've seen some mail servers put undisclosed-recipient@<mail server IP address or hostname> as the "To:" name if it wasn't specified.

I might have fixed it.

I did as you suggested and put my own name in the "to" line, and all other recipients in the BCC line and when it came back to me it just showed my name in the "to" line. And nothing about this sophos thing :D

So I might have nailed it.

Regarding my spam catcher Loxinfo have one call "iron port" something or other and I find it quite effective.

The only problem with Loxinfo is that their annual fee is not cheap, but I only keep it because I have had the same email address for 11 - 12 years.

Thanks again for your suggestions (both posters)

I will in the coming days be sending out several more of these emails and will make a final report in about a week :)

I might have fixed it.

I did as you suggested and put my own name in the "to" line, and all other recipients in the BCC line and when it came back to me it just showed my name in the "to" line. And nothing about this sophos thing :D

So I might have nailed it.

Regarding my spam catcher Loxinfo have one call "iron port" something or other and I find it quite effective.

The only problem with Loxinfo is that their annual fee is not cheap, but I only keep it because I have had the same email address for 11 - 12 years.

Thanks again for your suggestions (both posters)

I will in the coming days be sending out several more of these emails and will make a final report in about a week :)

I think that the secret is to put your own name in the "To" line and everyone else in the BCC line.

That way you get it back and it shows recipients as either "none or undisclosed" and no sign of this "@sophos-out02.tttmaxnet.com popping up.

Thank you guys for your suggestions.