British Comedy Series

ThaiLife

Not sure if this is the right place to post this - Mod's please move if necessary

Ive not been back to the Uk for over 12 years now , so I don't really know what the TV comedy series runs have been like , In the past I liked ....

Only Fools & Horses

One Foot in the Grave

Black Adder

The Royals

Rab C Nesbit

Dads Army

Yes Prim Minster

And have now watched most of the series here on DVD's , but its now time to check a few newer recent things out , So can any one recommend an up to date British Comedy Series that has a good viewer rating , So whats your favorite recent British Comedy series ..?

Thanks

TL

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive not been back to the Uk for over 12 years now , so I don't really know what the TV comedy series runs have been like , In the past I liked ....

Im probably not the best person to make recommendations for you (being that I am not from the UK), but I know the TV series "The Office" was really good if you enjoy sitcoms. The show only ran for 2 seasons and it ended a few years ago, but it was a huge hit and lead to a series with the same title in the US which is about to go into its 6th season now and is one of the most (if not the most) popular sitcoms on the air today. I'd recommend watching the original UK series and then moving on to the US series after that...

To all the Brits reading this post: I'm curious to know if you consider this recommendation to be a good one or not.

League of Gentlemen.

Little Britain (worth it just for Jon Pertwees comments alone).

You'll find it was Tom Baker, the other Dr Who, Jon Pertwee died at least 15 years ago :)

I'd second Little Britain and League of Gentlemen.

The Office was excellent and Ricky Gervais's second outing in Extras wasn't bad either [ though not as good ihmo]

Also recommend 'Peep Show' or any of Mitchell and Webb's sketch shows

Skins!

Only the first 2 series. The latest series is crap.

Well of course the cast is entirely different and so are the stories, but I wouldn't call the new series crap.

The first 2 series felt as though they were written by teenagers and seemed genuine. The last series seemed to me to have been written by an adult who was trying to be cool and didn't have the authenticity. It seemed (to me at any rate) to be rather contrived.

The BBC did a spin-off with Boyce'y & Marlene from Only Fools & Horses called 'The Green Green Grass'. Never seen it but people I work with enjoy it.

Programmes like In-betweeners and Skins aren't so popular with the older generation (I'm early 30's).

My fave = The Mighty Boosh - you either love it or loathe it.

Also 'Early Doors' would be worth a look

Cheers

Edited by colinp

Many of what i was thinking of have already being mentioned.

But rising damp springs to mind.

Brittas empire.

Open all hours. I love that one.

man about the house,

george and mildred.

The good life.

Allo Allo

Hogans heroes

Not all to my taste but good for a laugh.

Edited by cyb