How To Find A Home For Two Cats

Danimus

Hi,

My family and I are new to Chiang Mai, and we would very much appreciate some of your experienced advise.

Three weeks ago on our way home we found two miserable kittens who were abandoned in the roadside.

We took them home and with a lot of love and care - and off course some delicious catfood - they have become wonderful, gentle, funny and very charming pets. They are housetrained, the male is castrated and they are both used to life indoor.

But our problem is that here where we live we are not allowed to have either cats or dogs.

I advertised them on Thaivisa, but I haven't got any replies.

Do anyone know how I can find a good home for these two kittens???

Mine all love humans, but hate each other, and the cats all beat up on the dog. Luckily, the customers have decided that they are a tourist attraction and hug and kiss them and take photos, so they get plenty of attention every day. :)

When the dogs first arrived I was worried about the cats, but after the first couple of days the cats started teasing the dogs.

The dogs are growing really fast though, so I'm not sure how long this will remain harmless entertainment for the cats.

I also have a couple squirrels and since the cats got smacked for chasing them the first couple of times they now have to sit in mute frustration as the squirrels come right up to them and flick their tails in the cat's faces. The cats attempt to preserve their dignity by pretending the squirrels don't exist even as the squirrels bite their tails.

I have a problem that the local Thais have decided a kind hearted person (sucker) lives here and we had to kick up a fuss when the second abandoned dog was brought by a neighbor, so hopefully they know we're full up now.

There's a free vet clinic that goes around so although I paid for the cats and the first dog's injections at 500 Baht each, I'll see if they'll do the second dog for free.

Who wants another 10?

We have a real animal lover down the road who takes in all the cats she can and feeds them, but she left for BKK and will not return for another month!!!! 2 off the 5 young kittens died already this week. The rest will follow soon I guess.

I'm so sorry to heat that! I know that one can not safe the hole world, but I would very much like to safe a tiny corner. I still hope to find a home for my two kittens. They are very, very cute! They are best friends and the male just loves watching television! He follows everything on the screen - specially other animals -

and then goes behind the tv to find the "missing elephant".

Who wants another 10?

We have a real animal lover down the road who takes in all the cats she can and feeds them, but she left for BKK and will not return for another month!!!! 2 off the 5 young kittens died already this week. The rest will follow soon I guess.

Try contacting "Care For Dogs" (and Cats) in Chiang mai. They have a website and try to help with this kind of situation.

Who wants another 10?

And you can just live nearby and watch this happen?! If it's hunger they're dying of, why not buy a cheap bag of dried cat food and give some every day until the woman comes back?