Honda City Vs Toyota Soluna Vios

Krub

If you have a silver, white or any other light-coloured car as well as window film with 'cooling effect', plus cream leather seats, then it isnt so bad, Paul. Black or brown leather is a different story though.

Any thoughts on the Toyota Corolla Altis? I think it seems like a more sensible buy than the Vios myself - after all, most taxis are Corolla Limo or Altis and not Vios... There must be a reason for this?

Well from a price perspective, the Altis should be a nicer car. Here are listed new car prices ..

Soluna Vios, 1.5L Top model, automatic, 659,000 Baht

Corolla Altis, 1.6E, Top model, automatic, 843,000 Baht

Corolla Altis, 1.8G, Top model, automatic, 995,000 Baht

Altis is some 33% more expensive.

I am renting a Vios right now. Not bad but feels just a tad tinny and the suspension is delicate going over bumps. Says it only has 7000 Km on it.

Altis is superior in many ways. First the space, then the high driving position, then power (1.8E model- 850k), then suspension, then interior, then little things like modern gearshift with "ladder" pattern, light sensor to illuminate instrument panel automatically, leather seats that can be easily cleaned, the climate control - you set the temperature and the air-con does it itself - it cools the car in less than a min and then slows down automatically. Also there's a separate vent for your tired feet.

In short it's just the class above Vios.

• 2 weeks later...

I own neither Vios nor City.

But I was a passenger in the front seat on each car on different occations. VIOS owned by a lady friend since new for about a year. City owned by my brother's company and for use by its employees as an errands car, was driven by my brother last week.

My comments:

VIOS: Tight leg room in the front seat, knees ALMOST knocking the glove box although I checked seat positions with regards to the rear seat space behind it. Odometer in the middle. Bumpy suspension and I have a friend whose father owns a VIOS gave me the same suspension comments.

CITY: OUCH! My brother demoed the smooth 7 speed, something so amazing to me. You can + or - the speed in the manual mode(electronic speed changes), ride comfort good, great leg room. And has ULTRA Seats for flexibility. Original leather seats are nicer and better than VIOS leather seats in terms of tailoring workmanship. Not sure of the VIOS does have this feature or not.

BTW, both cars were in Singapore. (country of origin: Thailand)

• 2 years later...

Hi Guys

Just wanted to know the difference between the Honda City & the Honda Area which is manufactured for Japan and also what is the benefits of having xenon than Halogen which comes on the city? the honda Area has more options than city but lack the alloys and leather seats. I just wanna which is better:) pls reply quikly.

Cheers

Trevine

Just read that the current Jazz is due for replacement worldwide in 6 months. New model will be slightly larger. New Civic is also due soon perhaps you might want to wait for that instead.

The current Civic came out last year so not due for a new model for at least 2-3 years.

PS. Try the Altos, then try the Civic, then decide for yourself :o

Edited by Phil Conners

'2005-04-25 00:33:43']Just read that the current Jazz is due for replacement worldwide in 6 months. New model will be slightly larger. New Civic is also due soon perhaps you might want to wait for that instead.

The current Civic came out last year so not due for a new model for at least 2-3 years.

PS. Try the Altos, then try the Civic, then decide for yourself :D

If you'd been paying attention :o you'd notice this thread is 2 years old :D

Edited by moonoi