Red Warning Stamp at Vientienne

but all this agents are requiering you to come in Person to the embassy,,so for what need an agent than

This is not true. It just so happens that all the agents hang around outside the consulate in order to get customers. If you get their phone number, you won't necessarily need to attend.

The one I use requires me to visit there briefly and the whole process takes 5 minutes. That is the need i.e. 5 minutes compared to many hours. He also picks up the passport for me the next day and brings it to my hotel room. He provides all transport to and from the border, hotel and consulate. He makes the whole process incredibly easy.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So then has anyone with a red stamp successfully applied for a new tourist visa?? I am going on holiday in 2 weeks so I will require a new visa...

I doubt you're ever going to read any such report. It's a lot of effort to go through to try something that is likey to fail.

I've heard from an agent that once the free tourist visa period is over in March they may be easing off on the restrictions.

I just got a red stamp yesterday on my 6th tourist visa in passport. I used an agent, so I wouldn't count on them influencing the visa application process.

Hot news: New passport = visa with no red warning stamp even when previous passport had one. New passport = visa even after a previous refusal.

Kuhn T. -- Say that you are a US citizen and that you want to get a new US Passport because your old one has one of those ugly red stains supplied by the RTE PDR Lao.

You are required to fill out a DS-64 form which contains the following info (summary): the details as to why you cannot present your passport and a signed statement under penalty of perjury that you have not disposed of your current passport in an unauthorized manner and that all such information supplied on the form is true... then -- assuming you are in Thailand or overseas and not in the USA -- you must stand before a US Consular Official at one of the US Embassies and swear to such fact...

http://www.state(dot)gov/documents/organization/79958.pdf

Edited by jazzbo

1. So at this time would KL be the only sure shot for a three months tourist visa around here with no red stamp?

2. Any indication that a red stamp from Vientienne would influence negatively an application at another place like KL?

3. Is Penang sill red?

3. US citizens can apply for a new passport any time for any reason so don't ever lose your passport on purpose to get a new passport or you will have a major headache with the state department and you will be on a watch-list for years.

4. Im sure this is about free visas and reducing the work load since they aren't getting paid for it. I don't understand why they think free visas would encourage people to come here any way- what a huge loss of income for thailand..

Don't be a cowboy, get a new passport.

1) Kuhn T most certainly suggested getting a new Passport before the expiration of the existing Passport so as to have a Passport without the Red Stamp. To do so as a US citizen would most certainly require the filling out of the DS-64 and I doubt they at the US Embassy on Wireless would be happy if you told them the actual reason why. The US Passport is and remains the property of the Department of State.

2) The link to the DS-64 without the 'dot' is http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/79958.pdf and it is valid

Edited by jazzbo

1. So at this time would KL be the only sure shot for a three months tourist visa around here with no red stamp?

2. Any indication that a red stamp from Vientienne would influence negatively an application at another place like KL?

3. Is Penang sill red?

3. US citizens can apply for a new passport any time for any reason so don't ever lose your passport on purpose to get a new passport or you will have a major headache with the state department and you will be on a watch-list for years.

4. Im sure this is about free visas and reducing the work load since they aren't getting paid for it. I don't understand why they think free visas would encourage people to come here any way- what a huge loss of income for thailand..

1. Even Vientiane has not been issuing many - have not seen reports of others doing so.

2. No report that it has had any effect.

3. No.

Don't be a cowboy, get a new passport.

1) Kuhn T most certainly suggested getting a new Passport before the expiration of the existing Passport so as to have a Passport without the Red Stamp. To do so as a US citizen would most certainly require the filling out of the DS-64 and I doubt they at the US Embassy on Wireless would be happy if you told them the actual reason why. The US Passport is and remains the property of the Department of State.

2) The link to the DS-64 without the 'dot' is http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/79958.pdf and it is valid

1. He did not suggest losing a passport - most people get a new passport before the expiration date of there current passport. It is not a problem and no form DS-64 is required.

2. You posted as a hot link - it was not. If posting like that just post it as a line rather than as a link. Otherwise people click and go nowhere.

most people get a new passport before the expiration date of there current passport. Sure. In the 9th year of their USA 10-year passport. I would think the Consular Officer at the Embassy would be curious as to why you want a new passport say 3 years into your 10 year validity.

most people get a new passport before the expiration date of there current passport. Sure. In the 9th year of their USA 10-year passport. I would think the Consular Officer at the Embassy would be curious as to why you want a new passport say 3 years into your 10 year validity.

They dont give a shit just tell them you got too many thai visas and its not pretty anymore. They dont work for thailand they work for you...as long as you have your previous passport you can apply for a new passport any time you want if you dont mind paying the money..

Just wondering if people could get put on the "watch list" for stunts like this.

10 pages left and 3 year validity left would make me wonder what this citizen is up to.

They don't give a shit You are right as far as the Cashier behind the glass is concerned. But renewal of a Passport long before validity period expiration is most likely a Homeland Security Profile component and your Passport could enter a temporary Black Hole...

Just wondering if people could get put on the "watch list" for stunts like this.

10 pages left and 3 year validity left would make me wonder what this citizen is up to.

They dont care as long as you show your old passport so they know you didnt sell it on the black market. That's what they are concerned about.

Have all the Penang update topics been deleted? I cannot find any topics about the latest reports from Penang.

If anyone can link me to the latest Penang reports I would appreciate it..

thanks!

Penag gives out single entry visas IF you haven't extended your last visa with 30 days at immigrations.

They don't give a shit You are right as far as the Cashier behind the glass is concerned. But renewal of a Passport long before validity period expiration is most likely a Homeland Security Profile component and your Passport could enter a temporary Black Hole...

As long as you can prove you didnt sell your passport its not a problem with homeland security. Alot people want a clean new passport with the latest digital security and they want you to have that also plus they are making money on it.

Have all the Penang update topics been deleted? I cannot find any topics about the latest reports from Penang.

thanks!

Penag gives out single entry visas IF you haven't extended your last visa with 30 days at immigrations.

How about two trips to the mae sai border they dont care about that? I mean their reasoning is you been in thailand too long etc.. they dont care about border runs only immigration extention more confusion where are the latest updates from penang?

Edited by devaram

People change passports early all the time - date page can not be read by scanner - pages messed up by dip in the lake or washer (happens often) - business travel countries that do not exactly like another that you have been travelling in - updated photo showing your new beard -updated security features of a new passport - bad luck using old passport for lotto numbers.

Just wondering if people could get put on the "watch list" for stunts like this...10 pages left and 3 year validity left would make me wonder what this citizen is up to. Yes... and every time you want a new passport shy of expiration it gets fed into a Profile and if it is one too many ticks and a trigger is pulled you and your passport go into the black hole.

As I wrote elsewhere, and Kuhn Maestro commented, I am indefinitely on an airport and POE watch list. I am regularly interrogated when I enter the USA by grizzled military retirees. I would do nothing that would set anything else in motion. Next time after the third round of questioning and I am about to miss my connecting flight I will, as Kuhn D. suggests, remind them that they work for me.

Another thing, when you produce your current passport loaded with Thailand Visas and entries and request a new one, the US Embassy Consular Office very well might, as a collegial courtesy, notify the Thailand MFA that a new Passport has been issued so that would gum up the works anyway.

from Wikipedia:

Data mining
is the process of extracting patterns from data. As more data are gathered, with the amount of data doubling every three years,[1] data mining is becoming an increasingly important tool to transform these data into information. It is commonly used in a wide range of profiling practices, such as marketing,
surveillance
, fraud detection and scientific discovery.

... and NSA and others are quite good at it.

thanks!

How about two trips to the mae sai border they dont care about that? I mean their reasoning is you been in thailand too long etc.. they dont care about border runs only immigration extention more confusion where are the latest updates from penang?

I went to Penang a couple of weeks ago. At the agency they told me that if you don't extend your visa at the immigration, you can apply for a single entry visa as many times you want. It seems they don't care about border runs. This means you have to go to Penang once every 2 months. Don't ask me the reasons. I gave up trying to understand Thai immigration rules.

Not all of us are lucky enough to get 10 year passports. The New Zealand and Philippines passports are only 5 years.

Use your imagination. I've accidently messed up a passport before by jumping off a boat near the shore and dunking it in sea water along with my wallet and everything else (unintentionally of course). I ended up with a wrinkled mess by the time it had dried out.

In Thailand one must carry one's passport at all times. They can get messed up quickly just getting around doing everyday stuff. As tourists we get up to all sorts of exciting activities that can wear passports out in no time. Some people even send their passports to the laundry. You could renew your passport after Songkran without anyone batting an eyelid.

Question: I can't seem to find recent report of red stamps in Vientienne.

Are they still being distributed? Has anyone received a red stamp from Vientienne on account of the number of back-to-back TR visas in December?

You could start by reading my post #304 above. Got a brand new red warning stamp 2 days ago (December 16).

Another thing, when you produce your current passport loaded with Thailand Visas and entries and request a new one, the US Embassy Consular Office very well might, as a collegial courtesy, notify the Thailand MFA that a new Passport has been issued so that would gum up the works anyway.

You make a good point here.

Allow me to explain the situation with my Filipino gf in more detail, which may help you in deciding if a new passport is worth the trouble and a sure fire way of receiving a new tourist visa.

When she got her new passport she did NOT have a current valid tourist visa in her old passport. She was on a 15 day visa exempt entry in the old passport when she got a new one, therefore there was no record of any tourist visas in her new passport, only the transfer of her current 15 day stamp.

If you have a current tourist visa in your old passport, they will make a note about that in your new passport. This could make a difference. We'd have to hear some reports to know for sure.