Dog Wanted

MrWiggle

no.

a good guard dog should be good with people, but know how to respond to what could be consider a threat, BY WARNING ITS OWNERS i. e. barking.

not attacking, biting, or threatening. that is the difference between a good family guard dog and a back yard biter. so yes it goes together although it might rule out golden retrievers or labs. a shitzu is equally effective :))

bina

israel

don't know why everyone says labs are so loveydovey, i have two labs and they are next to one of my german shepherds the most furious guard dogs and behave really scary when someone is approaching or outside. the female is only 8 months now but knows her job... the male is older and also i would not want to see him with children dragging him around...

goldens and huskies don't even bother to look if someone comes.

a good bet would be a bunch of thai dogs, most of them are very good guard dogs but also good with children. smaller dogs like poodles would be also suitable but don't really scare away intruders. dalmatians very lovely and not aggressive but make a hel_l of noise if anything is going on 'outside'...