Rain

gotlost

Still raining out my way.

to help push this topic to 20,000 views i'm sure you'll all be enthralled to know that it was raining in the night bazaar but now it isnt. nice one.

It has stopped out in Doi Saket. With this post 96 more to 1000 replies.:lol:

Edited by gotlost

^^ 1/8" is about 3mm. smile.gif

Scattered thundershowers up here in Pai now too.

d'oh! Good catch. Should have said we got about .02" (.5mm). Sorry 'bout that.

Looks like the Mae Hong Son area is getting a bit more from that too.

WHAT?

Yah mean I'm leaving one rainy location for another? Our rainy season has finally started in earnest here in BC, Canada. That is why I generally leave around November, expecting to see some sunshine when I get to Chiang Mai. How's a guy going to ride around on his motorbike in shorts and sandals when you guys tell me it's raining? :lol::o

Oh well. It can't last too long. I'll just have to give my girls an extra tip to hire a tuk tuk when they come to see me. :D

WHAT?

Yah mean I'm leaving one rainy location for another? Our rainy season has finally started in earnest here in BC, Canada. That is why I generally leave around November, expecting to see some sunshine when I get to Chiang Mai. How's a guy going to ride around on his motorbike in shorts and sandals when you guys tell me it's raining? :lol::o

Oh well. It can't last too long. I'll just have to give my girls an extra tip to hire a tuk tuk when they come to see me. :D

You'll probably stay drier over here from what I've been seeing brewing over there. Quite a bit of tornatic activity in the s/e states and moisture spewing all over inc Canada.

post-114070-024979700 1288133990_thumb.j

WHAT?

Better bring extra tip money 'cause it's still putting it down today!:rolleyes:

... snip .. Oh well. It can't last too long. I'll just have to give my girls an extra tip to hire a tuk tuk when they come to see me. :D

"Thunder only happens when it's raining,

Players only love you when they're playing,

Say... Women... they will come and they will go;

When the rain washes you clean... you'll know."

Lyrics by Stevie Nicks: the song: "Dreams:" album: Rumours

"Outside the rain

And the heart skips a beat

So you're lonely

Creature

of the night"

lyrics by Stevie Nicks: the song: "Outside the Rain:" album: Bella Donna

Edited by orang37

WHAT?

Better bring extra tip money 'cause it's still putting it down today!:rolleyes:

Just noticed the tabular historical data on your great website. Very useful...

WHAT?

Ian, rain season started late this year, and appears to be ending late as well.

Today 29 Oct it rained steadily most of the morning here for several hours.

But it was a BC kind of rain, steady downpour with no wind.

Not like the tropical thunderstorms with thunder, lightning and high winds that we have also had as recently as last week. With flooding in certain areas.....

WHAT?

Ian, rain season started late this year, and appears to be ending late as well.

Today 29 Oct it rained steadily most of the morning here for several hours.

But it was a BC kind of rain, steady downpour with no wind.

Not like the tropical thunderstorms with thunder, lightning and high winds that we have also had as recently as last week. With flooding in certain areas.....

Steady downpour with no wind??? Not out in Doi Saket. Thunder, Lighting and Wind with a fire hose effect. Kick the shyt out of the rice again. Aside from that I'll agree withe the late comming and late leaving. I'll stick my neck out And predict that the season of rain is over and old man winter is next door.:lol:

I'll stick my neck out And predict that the season of rain is over and old man winter is next door.:lol:

It sure feels that way up here today. Fresh cool breeze blowing from the NE since before sunup.

Allot of the weather sites have the wee man in his red arctic coat as of tomorrow.:lol:

I'll stick my neck out And predict that the season of rain is over and old man winter is next door.:lol:

It sure feels that way up here today. Fresh cool breeze blowing from the NE since before sunup.

Allot of the weather sites have the wee man in his red arctic coat as of tomorrow.:lol:

Thanks to the high pressure coming down from China. Actually had a shiver from the breeze this morning.

post-114070-046848400 1288419680_thumb.j

• 2 months later...

I just got home last night from the bar before it started REALLY raining. The roads were wet and I got damp, but not wet. I took it careful on the slippery roads. I wonder how many did not. A few Thai guys went flying by me on the wet roads. Of course, Thais on motorscooters are made of rubber and invincible.

But, as of noon on Tuesday (11th) It's cloudy but not raining on the south part of town. Nice and pleasant for a walk, but need a jacket when on the bike.

• 1 month later...

What's the level of the Ping river?

Should we get the sandbags out? ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

We had a few sprinkles this morning and my lady friend was a bit worried about coming over to visit me, but it stopped before she arrived. We had thunder last night and there's a bit of cloud cover, but nothing too menacing. I THINK we can hold off on the sand bagging for a while. :)

• 2 weeks later...