Rain

gotlost

Rain in Chiang Mai depends upon a few significant and important factors..

Some of these include:

When I have washing out and not at home.

When I just treated myself to a hair blow dry at the hairdressers and out riding my bike.

When Maejo Man has washed his car.

Rain in Chiang Mai depends upon a few significant and important factors..

Some of these include:

When I have washing out and not at home.

When I just treated myself to a hair blow dry at the hairdressers and out riding my bike.

When Maejo Man has washed his car.

when TV weather shows fine weather :D

I thank the drought is over the farmers are jumping up and down with joy. It has been pouring down some seriously need rain in

Doi Saket for the pass hour and and half. :D

easing up a bit now but yes some proper rain at last just like my old Mum used to make :D

Oh? Here at Nimmenheimen way its POURING down..FULL PELT. Fantastic. Hopefully it'll be heading your way soon. :D

The clouds got closer, got a little noisy, but still no rain here near the Night Safari! What a difference a few miles of separation makes.....

I thank the drought is over the farmers are jumping up and down with joy. It has been pouring down some seriously need rain in

Farmers not jumping up and down out my way.in fact just the opposite. You need a bit more than and hour and a halfs rain to end a drought.Until you get a couple of full days rain with subsequent run off into the dams and water holes its still "drought time" What rain there has been around CM has certainly not has fallen in Hang Dong and probably ,many other areas.

Farmers not jumping up and down out my way.in fact just the opposite. You need a bit more than and hour and a halfs rain to end a drought.Until you get a couple of full days rain with subsequent run off into the dams and water holes its still "drought time" What rain there has been around CM has certainly not has fallen in Hang Dong and probably ,many other areas.

It hasn't rained out hear since that posting, two days ago and the weather report called for a 60% chance to day. What a joke that one is.

Just finished up my way. Was absolutely marvelous. :D

Edit: Ooops..looks like its back on again. NIiiiiceee!

Steady rain all night here, and only stopped about 07.00 hrs. Still black and looks like more to come,,,

fine and sunny skies in San Kamphaeng, need to get some washing done finally

Just finished up my way. Was absolutely marvelous. :D

Edit: Ooops..looks like its back on again. NIiiiiceee!

Steady rain all night here, and only stopped about 07.00 hrs. Still black and looks like more to come,,,

fine and sunny skies in San Kamphaeng, need to get some washing done finally

Same Same hear in Doi Saket. May try and cut the grass before the next downpour.

12 Northern Provinces ,inc Chiang Mai are officialy drought striken. The dam at Khon Kaen is reported down to 4% capacity ,yes 4%. Little has been said in the media about this situation strange when farming involves a huge number of peoples livelihoods.

A little earlier was a downpour up cmu way.

I got caught in it on my bike.

Of course i did. I had washing out..and i had blow dried my hair straight.

Seeing as it was a particularly strong downpour, I guessing maejo man washed his car today too.

:mellow:

12 Northern Provinces ,inc Chiang Mai are officialy drought striken. The dam at Khon Kaen is reported down to 4% capacity ,yes 4%. Little has been said in the media about this situation strange when farming involves a huge number of peoples livelihoods.

Actually there has been a tremendous amount said in the media about the drought. On most on a daily bases I will see an article about the drought in different national news papers and If you follow the Farming Forum on Thia Visa you can see the threads on it. The farmers have not lost sight of it. even in Chiang Mai.

Say, I have not yet been here in Chiang Mai for ten months. Riding a motorbike, I was pulled over to put on rain gear near the Airport Plaza, nearly drowned getting out near Meijo, and have listened, rapt, to the steady rain for two hours so far - sometimes heavy.

So - is this regarded as rain here?

And if it is, how many more days should it repeat in the next days to confirm the season?

I can tell you about places such as Seattle, but enlighten a Thailand rain newby, please. For example, are farmers happy? Delighted? Ecstatic?

Actually there has been a tremendous amount said in the media about the drought. On most on a daily bases I will see an article about the drought in different national news papers and If you follow the Farming Forum on Thia Visa you can see the threads on it. The farmers have not lost sight of it. even in Chiang Mai.

All the resevoirs north and east (Mae On district) of Chiang Mai are at the lowest levels I have seen them in 5 years. Even the small lakes in the CMU Ag research lands have huge exposed mud bars that I've never seen. It will take a lot more rain to get them all to normal levels, that is for sure. And regarding the farmers, I think they are happy to see the rain, especially if it continues.

All the resevoirs north and east (Mae On district) of Chiang Mai are at the lowest levels I have seen them in 5 years. Even the small lakes in the CMU Ag research lands have huge exposed mud bars that I've never seen. It will take a lot more rain to get them all to normal levels, that is for sure. And regarding the farmers, I think they are happy to see the rain, especially if it continues.

nice passing showers for today, with a big down pour in the mix ,lucky enough to cut the grass, and do some washing yesterday