Rain

gotlost

And rewarded with two rainbow's. :)

post-27646-038163100 1286535427_thumb.jp

Yours is so much better then mine. Had to use my phone camera as the battery is flat on my main one. Note to self, charge batteries. ;)

Nice shot Nienke! The second one was lost somewhere behind the water tower in mine :)

And rewarded with two rainbow's. :)

post-27646-038163100 1286535427_thumb.jp

Yours is so much better then mine. Had to use my phone camera as the battery is flat on my main one. Note to self, charge batteries. ;)

Nice shot Nienke! The second one was lost somewhere behind the water tower in mine :)

Were you photographers as excited as this guy?

Holy cow! How long did it take you to find THAT?!!

No, not as excited but took several pic's what was more to practice my photographic skills, though. And then getting compliments of both Tywais and Greenside is nice. Thanks! :jap:

Still have problems with making clear pic's of moving dogs, even when the camera is on 'scene-sport'. I must do something wrong, but don't know what. When and where do the photographic club holds his meetings now, Greenside? Would like some advice about my camera.

Holy cow! How long did it take you to find THAT?!!

No, not as excited but took several pic's what was more to practice my photographic skills, though. And then getting compliments of both Tywais and Greenside is nice. Thanks! :jap:

Still have problems with making clear pic's of moving dogs, even when the camera is on 'scene-sport'. I must do something wrong, but don't know what. When and where do the photographic club holds his meetings now, Greenside? Would like some advice about my camera.

Nienke, I like the photos too. Regarding the camera club, I think the meetings are now at the Delight Bakery and the next meeting is this Wednesday, the 13th. Check out

http://www.igroops.com/members/cmpg for more info. (I hope that link works. Greenside might have to provide a better one.)

Regarding moving dog photos, that is always tough! Here's one of my old pup just before she crashed into me airborne at full speed! How's that for a nice side trip on a "Rain" thread?

post-498-056856200 1286692940_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Not time for this thread to die yet. Rain's been coming down good all afternoon. Water everywhere! Happy days, remember this one come March and you're dying for some.

Very heavy and not for just a brief period at the university. Flooding at Suthep and canal road. Haven't seen that in quite a while.

That curry does look pretty good! Got my stomach growling. I was just going to post that we got close to1 1/2" of rain in under an hour and it's still putting it down! Guess the rainy season has a little more to show us. Still no complaints from me though, no snow and freezing body parts! Will never miss that!!

Edited by ThaiWx

thaiwx.

re ... snow and freezing body parts

snow we can do ... freezing statues we can do ... frozen body parts ... nahh sorry.

the curry .

if you go in the place with the green and white blinds 20 yards before spotlight bar with 55 baht in your hot little hand you can have one too : )

enjoy pics ... dave2

ps in sofia it was minus 3 ... in bucharest minus 9 : (

sorry people ... back on topic : )

thaiwx.

re ... snow and freezing body parts

snow we can do ... freezing statues we can do ... frozen body parts ... nahh sorry.

the curry .

if you go in the place with the green and white blinds 20 yards before spotlight bar with 55 baht in your hot little hand you can have one too : )

enjoy pics ... dave2

ps in sofia it was minus 3 ... in bucharest minus 9 : (

sorry people ... back on topic : )

I came to Thailand to get away from that!

thaiwx.

re... I came to Thailand to get away from that

me to ... me to .... but i found something better than the weather to think about

enjoy ... dave2

You've got a point there! That would keep you warm too if it did get cold.:rolleyes:

Edited by ThaiWx

Removed one post as the subject's covered faces makes it doubtful they consented to their photos being displayed here.

Dubious logic from an otherwise extremely bright fellow. In my estimation it is doubtful whether ANYONE shown in pictures here has given any explicit consent (save for pictures of the posters themselves) to have there photo displayed. That the poster protected the anonymity of his photo subject seems to me to be a protection seldom afforded those displayed in most pictures here. Maybe I'm missing something.

Anyhow, looks like the rain is about to start in again anytime now.

If it were some friends at a party posing for a snap I could look the other way, but when you can't determine the subject's age, let alone their consent and they are posed in a provocative manner you don't take chances.

Any flooding downtown yet? Looks like we're getting some good rain at the moment. I haven't been downtown for a while; the only pictures I've seen looked like some localized flash flooding but nothing major.

What's the river doing?

No local flooding WTK we avoided this one. The river at 6AM this morning was only at 2 meters.

Any flooding downtown yet? Looks like we're getting some good rain at the moment. I haven't been downtown for a while; the only pictures I've seen looked like some localized flash flooding but nothing major.

What's the river doing?

No local flooding WTK we avoided this one. The river at 6AM this morning was only at 2 meters.

Let's hope we stay lucky and keep avoiding them. Looking like activity is picking up around the area.

post-114070-048657200 1287716518_thumb.j

wtk.

re ... What's the river doing?

pic 1 ... the river board yesterday

pic 2 ... the river level yesterday

pic 3 ... ther river at its highest level this year so far .... next week with what were getting now ?

the removal of my pics

cdnvic. ... re ... Removed one post as the subject's covered faces makes it doubtful they consented to their photos being displayed here

lannarebirth ...re ... That the poster protected the anonymity of his photo subject seems to me to be a protection seldom afforded those displayed in most pictures here

.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

you are both right i didnt have their pemission to post their pics and thats one reason why i covered their faces.

the other reason is i dont want these girls children to find momys picture on the internet in ??? years time and calling a very surprised looking daddy

thats my reasoning in what was supposed to be a light hearted joke and post but to even think they might be underage ? .... well !

with respect .... dave2

Clarification: I did not suggest that the pics were underage, just that there is no way to determine the ages of the subjects. If you have posed subjects, you need their permission to display them. Though there can be some leeway given as I explained above, in a case like this we need to act with caution, as we are legally responsible for the content we allow to be published.

This is the end of discussion on this. - cdnvic

ps ... i was going to post a pic of a very puzzled looking cat ..... but i didnt have its permission : )

Edited by cdnvic
Inserted clarification

What's the river doing?

Let's hope we stay lucky and keep avoiding them. Looking like activity is picking up around the area.

I have to check with NCA bus as I have a step son that goes back to Surin tomorrow and the bus does go threw Chaiyaphum and that town is cut off. I may be driving down instead.