Rain

gotlost

Anyone know if the firework competition is still going ahead? In view of the rain.

IMHO I hope it does get rained out.. In light of the situation in Japan it is in serious bad taste.

Edited by gotlost

Anyone know if the firework competition is still going ahead? In view of the rain.

IMHO I hope it does get rained out.. In light of the situation in Japan it is in serious bad taste.

I agree, maybe they will reconsider and reschedule now.

I agree, maybe they will reconsider and reschedule now.

Were both dreaming Greed will over rule.

There could be even better to come. Wunderground is forecasting the following for Wednesday: 60% chance of rain, 15.64mm, high of 18 degrees. That's almost monsoonal.

I'd dearly like to know what's causing these highly unusual weather patterns. Dearly hope they continue too.

What's causing this unseasonal weather is that they are playing with the weather systems. They have been cloud seeding again to make rain. I wish they'd stop as I'm missing the heat.

A bit greener this morning, too early to see if we have less haze.

Actually it was quite hazy this morning. I expected it to be clear so my conclusion is that the haze was mostly water vapor because the rain last night must have taken out the particulates.

What's causing this unseasonal weather is that they are playing with the weather systems. They have been cloud seeding again to make rain. I wish they'd stop as I'm missing the heat.

Are they still using the Casa 212 Aviocars for the cloud seeding? I've seen them flying about of late.

Wifee just driven back to Samut Prakan from Mae-On tonight and was raving over the fact that it was raining heavily yesterday.She/we are installing a load of new water tanks around our wee bit of land but looks as though I wont be needing to pipe them up......some chance. :unsure: Idea was to get the boreholes done when I get there next week but a bit pointless if the water table is responding to the rain.

Went to an interesting lecture last week at the IET (London) where the subject was "Space Weather" and looks like we could be in for further turmoil over the next few years..

New "mae wests" methink,

:huh:

Went to an interesting lecture last week at the IET (London) where the subject was "Space Weather" and looks like we could be in for further turmoil over the next few years..

New "mae wests" methink,

Could you elaborate?

PS I doubt the recent showers will affect the water table.

Are they still using the Casa 212 Aviocars for the cloud seeding? I've seen them flying about of late.

Not sure what planes they use. I read a report in the other paper a week or so ago which said that they were going to be cloudseeding in I think 7 provinces because of drought fears. Chiang Mai was one of them.

New "mae wests" methink,

Could you elaborate?

PS I doubt the recent showers will affect the water table.

As said..FYI

The 102nd Kelvin Lecture 2011 - Space Weather: Nature's Electromagnetic Hazard

Professor Mike Hapgood

Professor Hapgood examines the linkage between the science of space weather and its impact on technological systems.

09 March 2011 Communications channel

>> Play webcast

About the presentation

Professor Hapgood examines the linkage between the science of space weather and its impact on technological systems, potential impact of Solar weather on orbital and ground based systems including power, energy and communications - as well as atmospheric physics.

Space weather is concerned with disturbances in Earth’s upper atmosphere and in near-Earth space that can disrupt the advanced technologies on which our society now relies.

A proper understanding of space weather requires us to bring together a range of scientific, engineering and economic expertise, emphasising the role of the electromagnetic force in many of the physical processes that cause space weather.

One example is the crucial role of plasma physics within the sources of space weather on the Sun, in the transmission of energy from the Sun to the Earth via the solar wind and Earth’s magnetosphere

http://tv.theiet.org/technology/communications/10604.cfm

What a difference a year makes. The highest reading last year were on March 17, 2010. PM10 at 268.4 and AQI at 165. Today's are PM10 0 and AQI 17. The YTD rain total should be 18.6mm but at the moment we have 56.4 mm. What a change and if you wounder why no fires or smoke check out toady's satellite photo.

asia.jpg

What a difference a year makes. The highest reading last year were on March 17, 2010. PM10 at 268.4 and AQI at 165. Today's are PM10 0 and AQI 17. The YTD rain total should be 18.6mm but at the moment we have 56.4 mm. What a change and if you wounder why no fires or smoke check out toady's satellite photo.

Where did you find today's figures? I am asking because the PCD website ( http://www.pcd.go.th/AirQuality/Regional/default.cfm ) does not show any values for today, or for yesterday for that matter.

/ Priceless

Where did you find today's figures? I am asking because the PCD website ( http://www.pcd.go.th...nal/default.cfm ) does not show any values for today, or for yesterday for that matter.

/ Priceless

They came up for me but I had to work at it. Keep trying.

Where did you find today's figures? I am asking because the PCD website ( http://www.pcd.go.th...nal/default.cfm ) does not show any values for today, or for yesterday for that matter.

/ Priceless

They came up for me but I had to work at it. Keep trying.

The numbers you mention may be correct, but they are certainly not from the PCD website, at least from what it is currently showing. Maybe they were incorrectly entered by the PCD and erased when they realized their mistake?

/ Priceless

Eithet way the numbers are low low low.. Look at Chiang Rai: 11.0 and Lampang: 13.5

Good bet that Chiang Mai is similar.

Definitely very low with Uparaj at 5.8! I'm just interested in the actual numbers for 'Chiang Mai', as I keep records of these things and compute averages, trends etc. Missing out on extremes introduces unwanted errors to my time series <_<

/ Priceless

the rain is artificial guys.

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun HappySanook,

If we enjoy this rain just as much if it's artifical, does that mean we are superficial ? Natural, supernatural, artificial, superficial: we enjoy it. If the weather now is the "flip-side" of March 17, 2010 (choke, gasp, wheeze), then please may the song last a bit longer.

best, ~o:37;

the rain is artificial guys.

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun HappySanook,

If we enjoy this rain just as much if it's artifical, does that mean we are superficial ? Natural, supernatural, artificial, superficial: we enjoy it. If the weather now is the "flip-side" of March 17, 2010 (choke, gasp, wheeze), then please may the song last a bit longer.

best, ~o:37;

haha...i'm lovin it too man... take this any day over 40+ and 90%

In between rain squalls It's the clearest I've ever seen the air over the city.

I took these photos an hour ago in between rain squalls.

Doi_Suthep_Mtn_002.jpg

I can clearly make out the buildings of Doi Suthep temple.

Doi_Suthep_Mtn_temple.jpg