Rain

gotlost

Took a while but it's really blowing up a storm now, it initially looked like the second front was going to go around us. Not so sure now. Very very dark looking South. I expect it will pass us quickly but someone is going to get a drenching

Just started in Hang Dong/Sanpukwan (between Samoueng and Saraphi). Strong winds, rain not too heavy yet. Thunder no visible lightening, so distant. Very gloomy all day - sky is the colour of wet sand!

1.58am Sarapee:

Sounds like real rain may be starting.

Yes, there's heavy rain running off the roof.

2.02am:

Damn it's easing off already.

Thunder in distance.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

Edited by cheeryble
  • Like 1

Cats and dogs8gs in Mae Rim overnight.

Same up in Mae Taeng. First storm at 5 PM knocked out the power for 7 hours and winds knocked over heavy wooden chairs. Saw steel off sheds flying across the rice fields so it was quite a blow. Then at 1 AM another hard storm with heavy rain.

• Like 1

Thee was also a blackout in ChangKian Thursday evening as there had been a little rain.

Would love to know the actual technical breakdown that comes from a bit of wind or rain.

It's so predictable.

Do they think a bit of weather is a completely unexpected event and will only happen LAST year?

Do they think why should we be surprised?

Edited by cheeryble

Wife sister lives just outside Chiangrai.

I learn there was a storm earlier which has taken 15 of the large roofing tiles off.

They were waiting for electricity to check if the car had been damaged by big hail, as the garage roof was partially off.

Wife also got Line photos of hail from friend in Mae Tang from last night, the stones were as big as large lumyay.

Anyone don't believe it I can probably post.

So park the cars up and batten down the hatches!

Edited by cheeryble

Although a there was a strong wind now and then and the air became dark, no rain in Thaton Mae Ai yesterday. But last night under a clear sky, the cold came back, we slept under a blanket and I wear a sweater now!

Edited by Joop50

Light rain south of San Kamphaeng right now. Better than a kick in the teeth, I suppose.

What's with the tmd rain radar. Used to show green as rain, but when it shows green now, it's blue skies. This image from now, but where I live is shown as red, but the rain is only light.

post-99758-0-45802800-1396966476_thumb.j

Wind's up 'n all. Which is nice...

Edited by MESmith

Light rain south of San Kamphaeng right now. Better than a kick in the teeth, I suppose.

What's with the tmd rain radar. Used to show green as rain, but when it shows green now, it's blue skies. This image from now, but where I live is shown as red, but the rain is only light.

attachicon.gifRAIN.jpg

The radar has been down occasionally and the last plots are displayed. Check out the time of the plot and you might find it was not current.

It has been a rough thunder storm period here with lots of power outages and the area phone system getting taken out by a lightning strike. Three days of no internet as they wired in a whole new terminal box.

attachicon.gifRAIN.jpg

The radar has been down occasionally and the last plots are displayed. Check out the time of the plot and you might find it was not current.

It has been a rough thunder storm period here with lots of power outages and the area phone system getting taken out by a lightning strike. Three days of no internet as they wired in a whole new terminal box.

I always check the times & the images are up to date. It's as if green no longer represents rain. Smoke? Different from last year.

Last night, the strongest thunderstorms and heavy rain sofar this year in Thaton, Mae Ai region. The power off for about an hour and during the night some steady rain. This morning the air is fresh and the temperature is 20 degrees.

Edited by Joop50
  • Like 1