Rain

gotlost

Hopefully some good news :)

Updated: 1:00 AM ICT on May 18, 2010

tstorms.gifTuesdayThunderstorm. Scattered Clouds. High: 34 °C . Wind SE 10 km/h . 50% chance of precipitation (water equivalent of 12.37 mm). Heat Index: 37 °C .

nt_chancetstorms.gifTuesday NightChance of a Thunderstorm. Scattered Clouds. Low: 25 °C . Wind SW 3 km/h . 30% chance of precipitation (water equivalent of 2.75 mm). Heat Index: 31 °C .

chancetstorms.gifWednesdayChance of a Thunderstorm. Scattered Clouds. High: 36 °C . Wind WSW 10 km/h . 30% chance of precipitation (water equivalent of 0.63 mm). Heat Index: 39 °C .

nt_chancetstorms.gifWednesday NightChance of a Thunderstorm. Scattered Clouds. Low: 26 °C . Wind SW 3 km/h . 30% chance of precipitation (water equivalent of 1.01 mm). Heat Index: 36 °C .

chancetstorms.gifThursdayChance of a Thunderstorm. Scattered Clouds. High: 35 °C . Wind South 10 km/h . 40% chance of precipitation (water equivalent of 4.34 mm). Heat Index: 40 °C .

nt_chancetstorms.gifThursday NightChance of a Thunderstorm. Scattered Clouds. Low: 25 °C . Wind West 3 km/h . 40% chance of precipitation (water equivalent of 3.08 mm). Heat Index: 43 °C .

chancetstorms.gifFridayChance of a Thunderstorm. Partly Cloudy. High: 35 °C . Wind SSW 10 km/h . 40% chance of precipitation (water equivalent of 4.09 mm). Heat Index: 40 °C .

nt_chancetstorms.gifFriday NightChance of a Thunderstorm. Scattered Clouds. Low: 25 °C . Wind SSW 10 km/h . 30% chance of precipitation (water equivalent of 2.04 mm). Heat Index: 41 °C .

chancetstorms.gifSaturdayChance of a Thunderstorm. Scattered Clouds. High: 36 °C . Wind WSW 10 km/h . 30% chance of precipitation (water equivalent of 1.01 mm). Heat Index: 41 °C .

nt_chancetstorms.gifSaturday NightChance of a Thunderstorm. Scattered Clouds. Low: 25 °C . Wind WSW 10 km/h . 30% chance of precipitation (water equivalent of 0.75 mm). Heat Index: 40 °C .

chancetstorms.gifSundayChance of a Thunderstorm. Scattered Clouds. High: 35 °C . Wind Calm. 40% chance of precipitation (water equivalent of 6.01 mm). Heat Index: 49 °C .

nt_chancetstorms.gifSunday NightChance of a Thunderstorm. Scattered Clouds. Low: 25 °C . Wind Calm. 40% chance of precipitation (water equivalent of 2.97 mm). Heat Index: 50 °C .

chancetstorms.gifMondayChance of a Thunderstorm. Scattered Clouds. High: 35 °C . Wind Calm. 40% chance of precipitation (water equivalent of 3.60 mm). Heat Index: 43 °C .

nt_chancetstorms.gifMonday NightChance of a Thunderstorm. Scattered Clouds. Low: 22 °C . Wind Calm. 30% chance of precipitation (water equivalent of 2.89 mm). Heat Index: 46 °C .

Edited by LJW

... snip ... I think the rain gods have forgotten about us this year...... probably glued to the telly trying to figure out whats going on..

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Gonzo The Face,

We think it more likely that we have forgotten the rain gods, and the local demiurges, tutelary spirits, ghosts, etc.

Consider that the two vampires, Pu Sae and Ya Sae, who inhabit Doi Suthep, who required two personal visits and "reprimands" from the Buddha himself to neutralize them from their blood-drinking habits, have not had their required yearly sacrifice of a water buffalo for years (that was the compensation they were promised for giving up their taste for human blood).

And, in Thailand, the systematic purging of a more diverse Buddhism that included Tantric, and what are now called "Mahyana" forms, in the last two-hundred years, have deprived us of intermediary figures, like Nagakanya, the daughter of the Naga King Muchalinda, who not only is serpentine in her lower half, but has wings: She has the power to travel in all three realms, earth, water, sky (to find rare bronze representations of her in Thailand you need to go back to the Srivijayan period).

While Kwan Im (the female vahanam or shakti of the Dhyana Buddha Avalokitesvara) survived in Thai Buddhism in synergy with formal Theravadan cosmology, and Lu See, the hermit figure, the ascetic yogi who lives in the forest (Sanskrit: Agasthyamuni) survived ... the elementals and many other intermediary figures such as the little-known northern Thai fertility "goddess," Ypur (represented as a woman squatting with her private parts exposed), were pushed underground.

"Global warming," and Chiang Mai's lack of rainfall, are just two outcomes of what we have forgotten.

While our human component is too stunted, emotionally and spiritually, to sense what may be necessary to re-balance Chiang Mai's spiritual ecology, we hope we can apply the collective wisdom of the farangs of Chiang Mai (by "collective wisdom" we mean more than rankings of bar-beers and restaurants), to use "crowd-sourcing" of our collective wisdom to come up something we can do to help.

Hopefully the solution will not involve blood, wandering around as "penitentials" scourging ourselves with bougainvilla branches, St. Vitus' dance, etc. We think a human chain of two-hundred naked farangs marching up Doi Suthep singing over and over "We've Only Just Begun" in the style of Karen Carpenter might be an appropriate sacrifice: or something like that.

best, ~o:37;

LJW, anyone looking at yr post and not in CM, would think a severe flood was coming our way :)

6 drops now days is a severe flood. :D

just as well Gonzos got that ark thing ready, havent you gonzo?

LJW, anyone looking at yr post and not in CM, would think a severe flood was coming our way :)

yep all set....... all I gotta is try and remember where to put the plug......

lining up

2 toothless

2 bald

2 gimps

2 cooks

ohhhhh and the list goes on

oh almost forgot

4 floppies

Edited by Gonzo the Face

That is why I said, 'Hopefully' :D

If you are hopeful that there be a flood, I can only guess that you were not here 5 years ago for the last big flood.....

I would be hopeful for some decent rain, but not hopeful for a flood..... never again... especially here near the river...

Gonzo

That is why I said, 'Hopefully' :D

If you are hopeful that there be a flood, I can only guess that you were not here 5 years ago for the last big flood.....

I would be hopeful for some decent rain, but not hopeful for a flood..... never again... especially here near the river...

Gonzo

something in between would be good atm

but agree no floods pls

n3-194.jpg

yep all set....... all I gotta is try and remember where to put the plug......

lining up

2 toothless

2 bald

2 gimps

2 cooks

ohhhhh and the list goes on

oh almost forgot

4 floppies

:D

you forgot riff raff :D

Hopefully the solution will not involve blood, wandering around as "penitentials" scourging ourselves with bougainvilla branches, St. Vitus' dance, etc. We think a human chain of two-hundred naked farangs marching up Doi Suthep singing over and over "We've Only Just Begun" in the style of Karen Carpenter might be an appropriate sacrifice: or something like that.

thats gonna give us a 100 year drought!

Very unusual weather today...it was overcast all day and felt about 10 degrees cooler. We even had an hr. or more of rain while the sun was visible. Everyone here is still exhausted however. I guess when the weather does improve, it will take many people a few days to regain energy and feel normal.

Very unusual weather today...it was overcast all day and felt about 10 degrees cooler. We even had an hr. or more of rain while the sun was visible. Everyone here is still exhausted however. I guess when the weather does improve, it will take many people a few days to regain energy and feel normal.

Felt like the start of the rainy season to me! :)

SEch2.jpg

asia_sat_201005181800.jpg

might also mean its the end of redshirt shooting season?

Edited by whiterussian

^ crickey that top pic takes 2 minutes to load and still hasnt finished!

anyway, today is back to the hot stuffy usual fare and still we wait if TV weather will get one correct, again i wont hold my breath :)

agree with Ginny, it was a nice cooler day yesterday but we will need a few more of those, even had 5 mins of sprinkled water from the heavens, you couldnt call it rain thou

post-15912-1274238485.jpg

A hel_l of a lot of wind and lighting but no #$%^@ RAIN. :D

Nothing to the north towards Mae Jo either although the wind is pleasant enough...

hope it stays dry tomorow. i did my smalls today but i'll be doing a full load tomorrow.  :)

nice one

Edited by november222