Rain

gotlost

First pitter patters hit the tent about an hour ago and now it is a steady rain here in Mae Taeng. Roughing it with the laptop in the tent. Sure has been a fast season change. Two nights ago it was very cold sleeping but very warm last night.

Two nights ago it was very cold sleeping but very warm last night.

Very true. Last night it was so warm my girl friend had to take off ALL her clothes and sleep naked, like me.

Unfortunately, that doesn't make for a restful night.

This afternoon it's started showering again and it could go on all day. It's not so good for my friends who run a laundry business.

A few days ago, maybe a week, someone posted some excellent graphs showing how the rainfall for Chiang Mai and other places was dramatically different from the average during 2011.

Have looked in what I thought were the likeliest places to find these graphs, but no joy. Can anyone with a memory less befuddled by old-timers syndrome point me to the right link.

Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...

I think it WILL be raining soon as I feel the humid today anyone think so?

I can actually see clouds in the sky to the SW, the ones made up of water moisture not smoke.

OMG this could mean a change in the weather- I hope!

It's been raining here in Phetchabun all day,big storm with lots of loud thunder and lightening,the air is cool and crisp and all the dust is getting washed away it's heavenly.

I hope you get some of the same very soon it looks hellish up there.

Edited by stoneyboy

It's been raining here in Phetchabun all day,big storm with lots of loud thunder and lightening,the air is cool and crisp and all the dust is getting washed away it's heavenly.

I hope you get some of the same very soon it looks hellish up there.

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease! jap.gif

the outstanding film Rain, with Joan Crawford and Walter Huston (later to win an Academy award for his role as the old miner Howard in Treasure of the Sierra Madre) from a story by W. Somerset Maugham...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTpqwA9M7DE

have a look this afternoon but please don't let the viewing of the film 'rain' on a daily debauched, alcoholic and womanizing parade...

(now, there's a 50ish woman down the market with beautiful long hair who stretches languorously to show off her considerable stuff when I approach...especially when it's raining...me, with a leer: 'how's the fresh tofu today, sweetheart?'...)

Edited by tutsiwarrior

All good rain spotting guys. Keep it all coming in.

I'm returning to Chang Mai tomorrow having experienced rain and a blowing wind. I'll be sure to play Crowded House - always take the weather with you - all the way up the 106. If that doesn't work, I won't know what to do.

• Like 1

All good rain spotting guys. Keep it all coming in.

I'm returning to Chang Mai tomorrow having experienced rain and a blowing wind. I'll be sure to play Crowded House - always take the weather with you - all the way up the 106. If that doesn't work, I won't know what to do.

What to do?

"Play it again Sam". Just to keep the movie theme going.

Back in Chiang Mai and I can smell rain. It's somewhere nearby. 16:15pm makes it 15 minutes late already, but TIT.

I'm off out on my motorbike. Will expect to be returning having purchased my rain mac for this year.