Rain

gotlost

The beautiful parade tonight was a disaster. This was a very heavy rain in the town. Everyone was totally drenched very early on. The beautiful girls, the lovely floats, the elaborate costumes. For so long they kept dancing and smiling! So sad!

I'm very sorry for those people--enduring the miserable weather for, I assume, very few spectators. My complements on their perserverance.

We have been having very heavy rain for a few hours up here in Mae Taeng. Took a drive 5 miles toward Pai and up there it was only light drizzle. Drove back home 20 minutes later and back into the downpour! It just keeps coming down.

• Like 1

WHAT! is with all the rain here? I mean it is now just falling steadily and I have not hear rain this loud in quite a while. Does anyone think this is due to a typhoon that passed through the Manilla area?

And, are we now in the Rainy season and the Tourist season? Since we have not had much rain, I do not mind it. However, I am just saying that it is extremely noisy this time, and very steady and almost monotonous, as if we were in that Rod Steiger Rain movie all over again, on some mining planet, you probably know the film. And, I wonder with this much rain if the frogs will come out en masse, because I did see one little tiny frog jumping around on the concrete last night.

Do you think the mozzies will come out more fiercely this time?

I believe this rain will continue to the morning, and that we will have less than a foot of rain in total today.

WHAT! is with all the rain here? I mean it is now just falling steadily and I have not hear rain this loud in quite a while. Does anyone think this is due to a typhoon that passed through the Manilla area?

And, are we now in the Rainy season and the Tourist season? Since we have not had much rain, I do not mind it. However, I am just saying that it is extremely noisy this time, and very steady and almost monotonous, as if we were in that Rod Steiger Rain movie all over again, on some mining planet, you probably know the film. And, I wonder with this much rain if the frogs will come out en masse, because I did see one little tiny frog jumping around on the concrete last night.

Do you think the mozzies will come out more fiercely this time?

I believe this rain will continue to the morning, and that we will have less than a foot of rain in total today.

The Filipinno typhoon didn't go through Manila it was well south,closer to Cebu, and took a path northwards where it finished up in Hanoi with quite a few deaths as a result of flooding.

Prachuap has been copping it in the last 2 days, many areas flooded and put down to a storm cell,very unusual for Thailand in November.Warnings now out for further south. Tornado's in the US,Hailstones as big as tennis balls in Oz. its all happening.

Much more rain this year than last year. Much more. With only a few more months until the smoke appears, I vote all rain should be outlawed except between midnight and 4 a.m.

Better yet, let's save some of this rain for the burning season. Who do we contact to arrange that?

well those few hours of heavy rain in the City (maybe more upstream?) on Nov 18 have raised the river level at Nawarat considerably, and the flow rate by over 300%.

Very efficient clearing downstream of the huge amount of Krathong detritus that accumulated on 19th.

Could be also to do with Dam management (or damn management!) or a 'higher authority' fixing the LK detritus problem. Take your pick....

• 2 weeks later...

By the looks of the sky one might think we are in the middle of the rainy season.

g

Didn't have to look at the skies, just at the flooded streets in our moo bahn in Mae Hia. smile.png Rained all night and the Canal road had several flooded spots on my way to work this morning. Confusing season for sure.

ITS RAINING coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJ.gif

It is not raining.

It was raining but it stopped and now the sun is out! Go figure.

And now it's sunny again.

This indecisiveness on the weather's part is enough to drive someone clinically insane. blink.png.pagespeed.ce.1yRKwuklr5.png

• 3 weeks later...

Most unusual weather for mid December..... Thunder storm last night, good for sleeping though, and now raining at a fairly good clip. Maybe with the way the world weather seems to have changed, it will rain right through to the rainy season. After all its only 4 - 5 months away

Is the river coming up at your place? Mae Taeng River is still running very high and currently raining up here.

Last night at around 4am we got a loud heavy rain that passed really fast, but sounded like a train running over the roof..................maybe a little hail as the wife said she heard on Thai TV or maybe an early Santa? Today steady rains from mid morning.

Most unusual weather for mid December..... Thunder storm last night, good for sleeping though, and now raining at a fairly good clip. Maybe with the way the world weather seems to have changed, it will rain right through to the rainy season. After all its only 4 - 5 months away

Indeed quite bizarre for this time of year. Couple of brief power outages yesterday and this morning in Mae Hia.

for those NOT here last year, this year is certainly different. last year, from late-October until April, only a couple bad storm days. only really 2 i remember; one with massive winds and flooding, and the other just lots of rain all day. there was a cold spell last year for a few weeks, and i can only think of 2 times i got caught in the rain during the afternoon on my bike. 6 days a week of riding. rain was never a factor during the day. the nights are a different story, but i don't think it rained much at night. so i will now forecast a less-than-normal smokey season with a dry "rain season" and a ski resort to open on doi suthep this time next year.

• 3 months later...