Backpacker Murders: Father Pleads For Justice

george

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Coverage of this case seems to have gone from infrequent to non-existent, both here and in the West.

Is the trial over and the verdict under submission?

Has the defendant remained bailed pending a verdict?

And I suppose anything short of an acquittal would mean years and years of appeals.

By the way, who pays defense counsel in this country when the defendant is so poor, as in this case, that he had to pawn his pistol (accordingly to his testimony as reported on this thread)?

• 3 weeks later...
Only 4 days left!

Has everyone forgotten this case?

Will there ever be a verdict?

We should FINALLY know the outcome of this case this coming Thursday (26th).

I'll be there, hanging around outside and I know a lot of the expat community here will be there as well. There's not too many expats here in Kan but there'll be a bit of a presence at least.

The good thing is that the foreign press should be there in numbers so they can highlight the feeling of the local expat community...!

Fingers crossed this P.O.S is gonna fry!

Well I'll keep my fingers crossed but deep down inside I have my doubts. I really hope I am wrong about this.

Look at this link for news of the world http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/story_pages/news/news4.shtml

Horror...., especially also this:

Quote:

His third of four common-law wives, Dting, said: "Actually, I was one of the luckier wives—he did not shoot at me. But he took out his guns and shot his first and second wives. There was never any police investigation.

Unquote

No words....

LaoPo

Edited by LaoPo

Well I'll keep my fingers crossed but deep down inside I have my doubts. I really hope I am wrong about this.

Look at this link for news of the world http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/story_pages/news/news4.shtml

Many thanks for that NOW link. What a <deleted>! :o

Verdicts in Bali and Kanch this week.

Bali is Friday, I think.

Horror...., especially also this:

Quote:

His third of four common-law wives, Dting, said: "Actually, I was one of the luckier wives—he did not shoot at me. But he took out his guns and shot his first and second wives. There was never any police investigation.

Unquote

No words....

LaoPo

Yes I agree with you, however looking at the photo's it seems to me that the guy liked taking photo's of his girlfriend with Somchai .

I don't know, but to me these pictures tell a story, and obviously later led to jealousy and anger.

It is easy to see what happened ....

The guy should pay the price for his crime and swing.

Andy

...Horror...., especially also this:

Quote:

Unquote

No words....

LaoPo

Sounds like he was a real big mafia type. Probably thinks he still is. This is really going to test Thai justice. "LoS" Land of Shootings.

Yes I agree with you, however looking at the photo's it seems to me that the guy liked taking photo's of his girlfriend with Somchai .

I don't know, but to me these pictures tell a story, and obviously later led to  jealousy and anger.

It is easy to see what happened ....

The guy should pay the price for his crime and swing.

Andy

Unfortunately, (IMO) there's very little punishment for perjury and it may not even be interpreted as such. It can just as easily be interpreted as, "it appears that I did meet her, had relations with her... must have slipped my mind as I'm a popular fellow,... maybe I had a drink too many when we met, dunno."

:o