Tourist Visa To America (hawaii)

I am an American and my Thai wife is going for her interview for a tourist visa in two weeks. We didn't book our flight yet as we want to first be able to get my wife's tourist visa. We have a 2year 7month old daughter (who is also going too but we will go to the US Embassy for her US passport the day before my wife's interview), my wife is a teacher at a government school as I too am a English teacher at a different government school, I have a letter from my mom stating that we will stay with her and she will help us financially, and my wife also has land under her name. I understand that every case is different but what do you think are her chances of getting a tourist visa? Also, is their anything else you think we need to bring to the US Embassy?

Edited by qazwsx38

I am an American and my Thai wife is going for her interview for a tourist visa in two weeks. We didn't book our flight yet as we want to first be able to get my wife's tourist visa. We have a 2year 7month old daughter (who is also going too but we will go to the US Embassy for her US passport the day before my wife's interview), my wife is a teacher at a government school as I too am a English teacher at a different government school, I have a letter from my mom stating that we will stay with her and she will help us financially, and my wife also has land under her name. I understand that every case is different but what do you think are her chances of getting a tourist visa? Also, is their anything else you think we need to bring to the US Embassy?

I took my wife to the US in 2007 she applied in Chiang Mai at the US Consul. We went to Star Visa Service, cost 6000bt, 4000bt to the us and 2000bt for Star for paper work. At the time we had been married for 6 months, mirage certificate ,she could show ownership of business in her name,she could show monies in her bank coming and going no set amount, she could show ownership of auto, ownership of house, birth certificate of her son all reason why she would return. No guarantee letter is required, They will want your passport and bankbook. when you go she will need to show return ticket and medical coverage to custom. I strongly suggest you see an agent but I understand that they are are a rip off in Bangkok. Oh, you don't go to the interview only your wife. In two days she received a 10 year multi visa. Wish You The Best

I took my wife to the US in 2007 she applied in Chiang Mai at the US Consul. We went to Star Visa Service, cost 6000bt, 4000bt to the us and 2000bt for Star for paper work. At the time we had been married for 6 months, mirage certificate ,she could show ownership of business in her name,she could show monies in her bank coming and going no set amount, she could show ownership of auto, ownership of house, birth certificate of her son all reason why she would return. No guarantee letter is required, They will want your passport and bankbook. when you go she will need to show return ticket and medical coverage to custom. I strongly suggest you see an agent but I understand that they are are a rip off in Bangkok. Oh, you don't go to the interview only your wife. In two days she received a 10 year multi visa. Wish You The Best

Thanks for the information

It will probably help if you provide job details for yourself. such as long stay visa, work permit, and a job for you to return to, if available. They could base there probability of return based on your probability to return.

Thanks for your information as well, I will let her take along my work permit to the interview

A tourist visa will require you to show to the best of your ability that your wife will return to Thailand! This is the only consideration.

My girl has received her tourist visa for the sole reason that I live here in Thailand. so maybe that will be enough for you also.

Make sure she has your passport so she can show your work visa and your residency papers.

Good Luck

A tourist visa will require you to show to the best of your ability that your wife will return to Thailand! This is the only consideration.

My girl has received her tourist visa for the sole reason that I live here in Thailand. so maybe that will be enough for you also.

Make sure she has your passport so she can show your work visa and your residency papers.

Good Luck

Thanks for the information on my passport I will let my wife take that too

It will probably help if you provide job details for yourself. such as long stay visa, work permit, and a job for you to return to, if available. They could base there probability of return based on your probability to return.

Thanks for your information as well, I will let her take along my work permit to the interview

Would be even better if you get letter from your employer saying you have long term job and they will continue your employment after you return from the US.

TH

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to say thanks to all those that replied to my post question on the tourist visa. The interview went quick about 5 minutes. They pretty much confirmed my wife as a teacher and she showed my work permit and passport and marriage certificate and that's all it took and the visa was granted. Also, everyone from the guards at the door to people working at the US Embassy were very helpful and we had no problems with anyone

Edited by qazwsx38