Hi Fellas,

I have just read all the posts re pensions as above.

In my own circumstances,I was told by an ex pat friend of mine,that I could apply for a pension for my Thai wife,I disagreed,but,duly applied.

That was almost 18 months ago now,and still waiting ahem.!!!!

Firstly the DWP sent me,thru a 3rd party in the UK,(my postal address)an application form which I duly completed then returned ASAP as requested by the DWP ,as I may lose pension as the back date is only for three months.(big laughs)

Lo and behold they sent me another application form,with just |Duplicate"on the letter,no letter or reason why.

Again completed and despatched it,not a word for a further 6 months,so I asked why,by email,complaining as one does.

The next thing I receive is an Email asking me to submit information regarding how long I had been out of the EEC,again I did as they requested.A further few months later still no word,yes,no,maybe anything.

After a further few months I decided to telephone the DWP,asking why all this time had elapsed etc,they told me that they were translating the marriage cert,you can imagine my reaction,without further quotaion.

This was quite a while ago again,now my thoughts it seems ,were right in the first instance,although I did read on this forum a while ago,that it did take one member two years to get what he was entitled to.

Any comments would be welcome.

Cheers

KC

sounds like you are dealing with the same people as I was at the Pension service.

Are you asking for a increase for your wife as a adult dependent ?

If this is the case then yes you can even if your wife is living in Thailand.

I applied for this almost 2 years ago, I was in the UK at the time my but my wife was in Thailand.

I was asked to supply her Original Birth Certificate. My wife posted it to the uk and I submited the application together with our marraige cert. Before I returned to Thailand in Sept 2000 I rang the pension service a number of times and was told that they were busy. after returning to Thailand I contacted the pension service by E Mail and Phone. In Jan 2001 I was told that the application had NOT been recived by them and tht thay had sent another form out to me.

I did state that I was living in Thailand waiting with my wife for her Visa application to be processed. And to send the application to my Temp Address in Thailand. I also told them that they must have recived the first application because they sent our marraige cert and my wifes birth cert back to me.

We got back to the UK at the end of June and it was sorted out backdated to April 2001 12 Months Lost

It is now in the appeal process. Sent the Appeal form back 2 months ago maybe thay have lost that ?

Good Luck It's not easy They do keep records of contact so keep e. Mailing ect

If they ask you are in Thailand to visit your wife No intention to live there

I can sympathise with you as I am dealing with the DWP myself right now. Nothing to do with Thailand but an overpayment of income support after my wife died in 2005 so you do need patience. On a positive note if you owe them money they have no trouble sending you letters reminding you, sometimes in twos or threes. Best of luck.

Hi Fellas,

I have just read all the posts re pensions as above.

In my own circumstances,I was told by an ex pat friend of mine,that I could apply for a pension for my Thai wife,I disagreed,but,duly applied.

That was almost 18 months ago now,and still waiting ahem.!!!!

Firstly the DWP sent me,thru a 3rd party in the UK,(my postal address)an application form which I duly completed then returned ASAP as requested by the DWP ,as I may lose pension as the back date is only for three months.(big laughs)

Lo and behold they sent me another application form,with just |Duplicate"on the letter,no letter or reason why.

Again completed and despatched it,not a word for a further 6 months,so I asked why,by email,complaining as one does.

The next thing I receive is an Email asking me to submit information regarding how long I had been out of the EEC,again I did as they requested.A further few months later still no word,yes,no,maybe anything.

After a further few months I decided to telephone the DWP,asking why all this time had elapsed etc,they told me that they were translating the marriage cert,you can imagine my reaction,without further quotaion.

This was quite a while ago again,now my thoughts it seems ,were right in the first instance,although I did read on this forum a while ago,that it did take one member two years to get what he was entitled to.

Any comments would be welcome.

Cheers

KC

i have had success in my application for my wifes allowance which is another 52.30 pound a month , it was backdated to my pensionable start date of 3 March 2008, i have also had arrears paid backdated to that date. We both live in Thailand permantly

From my experience i would like to share the following:

Phone them in the first instance to request app form for additional pension for your wife , if your wife has a UK National Insurance Number everything will be done quickly , but if you are like me and your wife doesnt work and doesnt have a National Insurance number when you send in your application you will also need to send in the following original documents , Marriage certificate, wifes birth certificate and any divorce cert she may have had previously , they may not ask for all in the first instance but they will ask later and if you send everything in at the beginning it may turn out quicker for you , they will have them translated by their translator . after 4 weeks badger them on the phone and send emails , it helped in my experienced, hope this will help someone , my application took 8 months . when you send your application and docs send them EMS everything is quick and registered and you can track it on line with Thai post

i recieved my married allowance increase on my pension, for thai wife but i did apply from uk,all done within a month,backdated to day i married,5 months,not 3 months i was suprised my self there, i think the overiding factor is having a n/i number and of course being over here helps. its now 57.15 a week. no it not help much if you in los, but back pay helped to pay visa and air fares+