What Do You Miss About Home, Or Don't?

Damien

Sitting in a park or by the Thames in Richmond or Hammersmith. off our nuts on booze and whatever. My mates jamming and everyone singing. Awsome! Even at New Years in Scotland the same. Only this time at a house party.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jockstar, as a fellow scot, you should be aware that you can get Square sausage, black pudding (slices just), and decent bacon from Yorkies (in Jomtien). Either from the butchers shop itself, or from Villa supermarket in Bangkok. They don't seem to have scotch pies, but the cornish pasties are quite nice, and have almost as much pepper in them.

Thanks bkkmike. I dont have Villa near me. But might make a mission of going to Sukhumvit sometime. Just to see if i can get these. What sort of quality and prices are we talking?

The Yorkies stuff is pretty good quality. - i.e. Easily better than your local supermarket back home. (at least without going into Tesco's "finest" range.)

Price-wise, it's expensive for Thailand, and maybe even a little more than you'd pay back home. But it is worth it, once in a while anyway...

I've found all the meat items at Villa at Sukhumvit 33 (between Asoke and Phrom Phong Skytrain stations - but a lot closer to Phrom Phong). Up at the back, in the fridge on the right for the bacon, cornish pasties and black pudding. The square sausage, (and cumberland, and regular pork or beef sausages) are in a freezer a couple of rows to the left...).

There's a choice of companies making Cornish Pasties, but Yorkies seems to be the only brand for black pudding and square sausage...