Probs With Isuzu Truck

Driving home the other night accelerated at junction went no faster than 10 klm per hour until I got home there was also a yelow/orange light on the dash during this.

Happened again yesterday same thing after driving a couple kilometers sudden loss of power.

Anyone got any ideas? Possible electrical prob?

Begs

Your computer is putting the truck into limp mode.

you need to take it to a Dealer to source the code., They will only need to plug a DBS to your truck and will read out the code.

This should be free to read, but then the problem will cost yah,

It could be a number of things,

Please post what the code is before you pay to fix it. It could be easily fixed yourself.

Driving home the other night accelerated at junction went no faster than 10 klm per hour until I got home there was also a yelow/orange light on the dash during this.

Happened again yesterday same thing after driving a couple kilometers sudden loss of power.

Begs

Best thing is to scan it. I suppose the yellow light you talk about is the 'check engine' light. However, if you are handy first thing to do is to check your Airflow sensor connector. It's located on your engine inlet just aft of you air filter box. Remove and clean the PLUG. Or start your car and shake the plug a little and check if condition occurs. If so, just clean the PLUG and it should be solved.

NOTE: do NOT attempt to clean the sensor from inside the air duct

landmax :)

I own an MU 7 activo VGS and had the same problem with the yellow warning light(engine) who indicates that there is something wrong with the motor. I went to Tripetch head quarters garage several times, they always fixed it, but after a few 100 km its start to light up again.

Once they even invited me in the workshop to meet the chief mechanic and the expert of electronics but we could never find the reason. Probably its was the main concector who had a bad wiring who gave the problem.

They offer me to replace the complete electric wiring and all of the sensors of the car under warranty, because replace only the connector was not possible (its a complete set).

I brought my car in on thuesday and I can pick it up again friday morning.

Regards all the problems, I'm very satisfied with the service of Tripetch, they realy show a genuine concern about the problem and gave me all the assistance needed.

The chief mechanic even gave me his privat mobile number in case I was on the road upcountry so he could explaine the problem to an mechanic of another Isuzu dealer. He urged me not to hasitate to call him even on sunday or nighttime.

Needles to say that I never payed one single baht till know.

The manager of the reception always said, " the moment you walk in here Sir, you are paying my salary, its my duty to make you satisfied"

I bought the car second hand, and it did not have an owners manual in English. I asked for an English one and 24 hours later I could pick it up.(300 Baht).

I have the same problem. Is your truck an automatic? All I had to do was park the car turn off the ignition wait for the relay or ecu to reset and turn it back on again. Mine happens everytime when I put B5 diesel in the car. Just last week it happen when I mistakenly put B5 into my car. When the light is on it govens the revs to no more than 2,000 rpms. As long as you don't rev past 2,000 rpms you can drive it to safety.

Edited by mdechgan

Begs

Best thing is to scan it. I suppose the yellow light you talk about is the 'check engine' light. However, if you are handy first thing to do is to check your Airflow sensor connector. It's located on your engine inlet just aft of you air filter box. Remove and clean the PLUG. Or start your car and shake the plug a little and check if condition occurs. If so, just clean the PLUG and it should be solved.

NOTE: do NOT attempt to clean the sensor from inside the air duct

landmax :)

It's the sensor,happened to me last week same thing on my mu7,took it to the garage and plugged it in and voila ,sensor

Had the same problem also, the light came on after going over some very bumpy ground and the truck refused to accelerate. Stopped the truck for 30 minutes whilst having a read of the manual, started it up again and all was well. Guess the bumpy ground shook something that didn't like being shaken . :)

IMHO, the best thing you can do is, that as long car is in warranty let them change the electric wiring, because the problem will not go away, by fixing it every time. So anyhow sooner or later they have to do it. but then it wil cost you about 15 000 baht.

BTW don't take B or E4 because your diesel pump will give it up after about 90 000 K. and that will cost you about 100 000 Baht.

Any mechanic will tell you that B5 and E4 is not fit for commonrail turbo diesels. This was confirmed by the mechanics of Isuzu Tripetch

Edited by henryalleman

in most cases the ENGINE CHECKLIGHT is a results of 3-4main things.

IF you have a piggyback it can be due to high commonrail pressure (the ecu thinks the pump is leaking, thus the pump tries to componsate for the lost

pressure by pushing out alot higher then std commonrail pressure). the 2nd reason is overboost, the std turbo boost should sit at 1bar 14.5psi for std trucks,

though the 174hp navara boost std of 20-21psi.

NOW IF YOU DONT HAVE A PIGGYBACK KIT,

SCV -selonoid valve -a very common problem, as the scv fails, and effects the fuel delivery etc. ---cheap to replace!!!! i would recommend all with commonrail trucks to replace there SCV one a year atleast! its a common problem that results in an engine checklight and loss of power!

ERG- if you have not blocked your EGR valve, you are making the engine prone to damage and engine checklight, as the black

carbon deposits (oily) fills your turbocharger, intake pipe, intercooler pipes, intercooler and intake manifold. as you can imagen the forced air

produced by the turbo, is being flowed with oil carbon deposits.

(((IN MY OPINION IT IS MOST LIKELY YOUR SCV VALVE))).

I read somewhere on this forum that the Isuzu commonrails are not modified properly for B5. Even my dealer confirms this. But I hear that all one has to do is change a valve or diaphram and everything would be fine to use with B5. What valve or diaphram are we talking about? Sometime I would like to use B5 in my truck because the majority of stations around my area only sell B5 and it is much cheaper than the shell pura which is well over 30 baht oper liter compared to the current 26 for B5.

• 4 months later...

This is an old post, but hoping on a reply.

I have rough idling when the enigine is cold, so at the regular maintenance I had it checked by Isuzu with their intruments.

The mechanic told me that some of the pressures were not normal and I needed to replace the SCV valve.

I drive very fuel efficient and have no other problems, so I didn't let them change it .

They didn't have the time anyway , BECAUSE THE CPU NEEDS AN UPDATE!!

Otherwise the car would comsume a lot more.

NOW THIS : in 2 posts on this subject on TV, there is no mention about updating the cpu,

just replacing the valve. Some can do it themselves in half an hour.

But of course Isuzu does it in 2 hours , because I have to pay labourcosts... and no the valve.

But the question remains : why has nobody mentioned the cpu update?

Isuzu Chonburi has always been straight with me before. But about this I wonder...

Please reply...

Regarding the CPU update...

I'm not familiar with Isuzu, but most modern vehicles need connecting to the diagnostic equipment to reset the service indicator. The computer would then inform the technician of the required download.

Regarding the CPU update...

I'm not familiar with Isuzu, but most modern vehicles need connecting to the diagnostic equipment to reset the service indicator. The computer would then inform the technician of the required download.

Sorry , but what is resetting the service indicator?

I've been driving my Dmax for 2,5 years , 65.000km and no problem, only some rough idling

when it is colder at night or when I haven't driven it for a week or so. No indications on the dashboard. I did the fuel line and pump bleeding to get air out, but no change.

Starting takes a little longer, when I compare it to other Isuzu's or other make pickups.

This has been from day 1, and with the battery getting older...

The technician had the diagnostic computer, but it gave no codes, just numbers for actual

pressures, and then he said " mai pokkatti" = not normal.

No power loss , no black smoke.

So I don't think to have it replaced. Or wait for the last 1 or 2 months of my warranty.

The problem is with the SCV valve or the diaphram of the diesel fuel pump. I had mine changed under warranty because it was a defect or recall of some sort. I said to the mechanic that I had a check engine light and immediately he said it was a valve. Before I had it changed my car was terrible. No power, sometimes die on me, checklights, etc.