Cost of accommodation

muay_thai

I'm looking to rent an apartment next year in BKK doesn't need to be too central and doesn't need to be too extravagant.

I'm trying to get a feel for what costs other people are paying on both rent and other costs of running:

Elec

Phone

Other Costs?

I'm not looking for aircon and also will only be looking for a clean large room with shower room so any advice on approx. budget would be appreciated, my girl seems to think 3k BHT for will get us a clean place nothing special, do you think this

is realistic as I know where she lives now is only £1.5k, but looking at other posts people ar paying a lot more.

Cheers

rent

I do not think she is realistic about it. I have seen those 1.5K places. They are clean and nice. You will have to struggle to live in that type of a place without AC.

I think you can get a Good Studio [One room] with AC for around 4,500-5,500 Bht in Thailand. But those places will not be closer to BTS.

I know a good place in Central Pinkloa area for 4,500 Bht with AC. Good Building and very nice environment. Also very easy to Travel.

If you are willing to spend little more, you can see this website. www.greeneryhouse.com

Small studio will cost you around 6,000-8,000 Bht.

Electricity is normally 4 Bht to 5 Bht per unit. I think around 1,500Bht per month will be sufficient for this if you AC only half of the day. Can vary depending on your usage.

Water is normally 18-21 Bht per Cub. Mtr. It is normally in the range is 200-500Bht per month range for two people.

Some places, charge a fix rate.

Apart from above, no other cost I can think of.

Normally they ask 2-3 Month Advance and 1 Month Rent in Advance.

My advice for you is to come and stay in some short term Apartment on Monthly Basis. You will then be able to find a good place that will suit your Budget.

These less than 5K Apartments are mainly for Thai People and you get plenty of places.

Good Luck