Non-o Multiple Entry Problem At Suvarnabhumi

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I received advice from the U.K. that 'Multiple Non-O' visas are being treated as single 90 day entry visas as from October 1st 2009 by Bangkok Airport Immigration.

Syd, you just ruined my morning with that one! I assume that it is just a missunderstanding.

I'm off to Sihanoukville next week with my Thai missus and was only concerned about the best way to travel from Phetchabun.

BTW I always check my passport as I'm leaving the immigration desk - there has only been one error in seven years which was quickly corrected by the same officer before I left.

I entered BKK Immigration at the airport with an arrivals card clearly marked with my Visa # (One year multiple "O" visa) Issued in Hull until April 2010 clearly marked "Multiple".

After checking my passport, I have been given a 90 day stamp, but the "O" visa has been stamped "Used" with a date of entry stamp over the visa.

Luckily the visa number and the wording "Multiple" is still clearly visible.

Will I encounter problems on my next visa runs in January and April?

This same thing happened to me twice over a five year period. Each time I had no probs renewing my revia during visa runs. :)

I feel very sorry for you.

This happened to a friend of mine and it is most important that everyone checks their stamps at the point of entry.

If a mistake has been made, this is the best time to rectify it.

I really hope that you can have your stamp corrected.

Good luck.

Now out of 14 million visitors who get stamped at Swampy how many CAN an DO check their stamps? :)

I would simply ask whether you check your change before leaving the supermarket checkout or anywhere else for that matter?

Same principle really.

Was it counter number 3? Was your flight number 3? Whatever it is it is not the number of entries remaining.

It's just possible it was counter 3 as I was with the missis in the second line from the end (Thai passport holders) and there might have been one closed, but I can't imagine why there would be such an endorsement.

I'll have to watch the IO closely on the first border run and if he puts a '2' on his stamp I'll ask him why.

Mystery solved.

I went into Mahtaput office today to apply for a confirmation of residence letter for the purposes of registering a car and getting a Thai Driving licence. As the officer I spoke to was being particularly helpful, I asked him the significance of the endorsement on the arrival stamp. He said it wasn't a '3', it was the IO's signature!

Hey-ho.

• 3 months later...

Update about this story

When I re-entered Thailand with my non-O multiple stamped USED and with a date stamp across it, it was accepted.

The female Immigration inspector, took a long look at it, did a lot of swearing under her breath (she guessed it was an error made by a colleague who did not understand the word 'multiple') and I had no problem.

However I now check thoroughly my stamps of entry (date etc.) AND the visa page as well. I recommend everyone does the same. Corrections can be made at the airport Immigration immediately.