Non-o Multiple Entry Problem At Suvarnabhumi

I entered BKK Immigration at the airport with an arrivals card clearly marked with my Visa # (One year multiple "O" visa) Issued in Hull until April 2010 clearly marked "Multiple".

After checking my passport, I have been given a 90 day stamp, but the "O" visa has been stamped "Used" with a date of entry stamp over the visa.

Luckily the visa number and the wording "Multiple" is still clearly visible.

Will I encounter problems on my next visa runs in January and April?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That happend to me in Chiang mai, I went to the high officer and explained the problem. After alot of talking with his junior officer they changed the used stamp. I think you should visit your nearest immigration and explain what happend. Wish you luck

I had this happen before, you must visit immgration and have them correct the problem.

Why don't Immigration staff understand the word "MULTIPLE" ?

Simply because they refuse to understand a word in English. :)

I visited the Immigration Offices today. They said that the Multiple "O" Visa is no longer valid and I should have returned to the BKK Airport Immigration Officer for immediate correction.

I was amazed to learn that Immigration Officers do not have to be able to read English and that the word "Multiple" on this occassion was not understood and to "Save Face" the Officer must have assumed that the word said "One".

Well, that is a another return air trip to the U.K. and the consulate in Hull, plus taxi fares plus hotels plus visa fees. A simple error by an ignorant BKK Immigration Officer will cost me 1K GBP.

I recommend that ALL farang check their passport after entry into the Kingdom of Thailand AND rectify any mistakes immediately there.

I had this happen before, you must visit immgration and have them correct the problem.

Why don't Immigration staff understand the word "MULTIPLE" ?

Simply because they refuse to understand a word in English. :)

I visited the Immigration Offices today. They said that the Multiple "O" Visa is no longer valid and I should have returned to the BKK Airport Immigration Officer for immediate correction.

I was amazed to learn that Immigration Officers do not have to be able to read English and that the word "Multiple" on this occassion was not understood and to "Save Face" the Officer must have assumed that the word said "One".

Well, that is a another return air trip to the U.K. and the consulate in Hull, plus taxi fares plus hotels plus visa fees. A simple error by an ignorant BKK Immigration Officer will cost me 1K GBP.

I recommend that ALL farang check their passport after entry into the Kingdom of Thailand AND rectify any mistakes immediately there.

I feel very sorry for you.

This happened to a friend of mine and it is most important that everyone checks their stamps at the point of entry.

If a mistake has been made, this is the best time to rectify it.

I really hope that you can have your stamp corrected.

Good luck.

What immigration office did you go to Syd as that seems like a very harsh decision to me?

Any chance of going higher up?

Failing that how about a trip to KL for a multi entry, much cheaper than going home to blighty.

Yes, you must report this to the minister responsible cc it also to the PM's office. Clearly a dullard /space cadet misread your visa and what an inconvenience for you. Good luck. What a bunch of incompetents and what makes this example so bad is nobody could correct the error. :)

I have had 2 incorect stamps in the last decade ome at Padang Besar yielding 2 visas running at same time oh yes.

At C mai they gave me too long and avery aplogetic officer came running to re-do it then at D Muang

I always check on the spot sinc the P Besar fiasco which required a trip to S plu to sort out.

Amusingly the dude asked why I needed an extension on my O as I also had a 30 day stamp running 8 days more than theO when employed by the Thai government

I politely said I wished to enjoy a few more days while

WAITING TO BE BE PAID turned out a bent women had pocketed the pay of 5 falngs!

All smiles free extension,

I find Thai immigration more polite efficent than their counterparts in Bahrain KSA Sweden ,India Spain,france or Bulgaria.

The best are Oz who play it by the book and worst brussels

Yes. Plenty of reports of this being sorted out at BKK Immigration.

I called the BKK Immigration Dept and they said a USED stamp could not be corrected.

My one year Multiple O visa issued in the U.K. is now useless although it is valid until April 2010.

Thanks for the feedback.

I have also emailed the Hull consulate requesting that they re-issue the visa on a new page free of charge, but I am not holding my breath.

I called the BKK Immigration Dept and they said a USED stamp could not be corrected.

My one year Multiple O visa issued in the U.K. is now useless although it is valid until April 2010.

Thanks for the feedback.

I have also emailed the Hull consulate requesting that they re-issue the visa on a new page free of charge, but I am not holding my breath.

Sorry to hear of your plight. Would suggest you actually go to Chaeng Wattana and talk to immigration, as is very easy on the phone to take the easy option of saying “can’t do” rather than accept loss of face. It may be necessary to ask to see higher level official. Reports in this forum have always indicated helpfulness on the part of Bkk immigration in correcting errors. Certainly I would try this before contemplating booking a flight back home.

...and if they can't -- or won't -- help you at Chaeng Watthana you should consider a trip to the airport and see if they will correct the error there. After that, it would get a little more complicated, like a letter to the Commander of the Immigration Bureau. The entry stamp in your passport identifies the officer who made the mistake and I could imagine that this officer would get into trouble if the Commander would have to get involved in correcting a simple mistake like that. However, please make no threats, just take it step by step.

--

Maestro

The edge of the immigration stamp is made up of a string of letter/numbers which identifies the officer concerned.

Thanks for the information.

I received advice from the U.K. that 'Multiple Non-O' visas are being treated as single 90 day entry visas as from October 1st 2009 by Bangkok Airport Immigration.

I am not the first (or last) farang to suffer a USED stamp on a 12 month multiple ' Non 'O' visa issued in the U.K.

Thanks for the information.

I received advice from the U.K. that 'Multiple Non-O' visas are being treated as single 90 day entry visas as from October 1st 2009 by Bangkok Airport Immigration.

I am not the first (or last) farang to suffer a USED stamp on a 12 month multiple ' Non 'O' visa issued in the U.K.

WHAT?

you are kidding, right?

I feel very sorry for you.

This happened to a friend of mine and it is most important that everyone checks their stamps at the point of entry.

If a mistake has been made, this is the best time to rectify it.

I really hope that you can have your stamp corrected.

Good luck.

Now out of 14 million visitors who get stamped at Swampy how many CAN an DO check their stamps? :)

WHAT?

you are kidding, right?

If that is the case, which I find difficult to believe, surely this should have been pointed out when you applied for or was issued with your visa. You pay for a multiple and get a single?

Makes no sense and if true is going to affect a cart load of people.

Cheers, Rick

Apologies for some misinformation.

I am trying to get a black & white link regarding some change of policy on Visas stamped in the passport as opposed to computer printed if you know what I mean.

I will update later.

Actually no, have no idea what you mean. Please don't spread scary misinformation! Thanks!

I entered via BKK airport after 1st October 2009 with a multi non imm O from the UK and received 90 days. No used stamp. I really do not believe that they are treating multi entries as single as Hull misinformed you.

Edited by guru

The Golden rule!

I never go two steps without first checking my stamps. A new lesson here is to check the visa too.

I entered via BKK airport after 1st October 2009 with a multi non imm O from the UK and received 90 days. No used stamp. I really do not believe that they are treating multi entries as single as Hull misinformed you.

I entered on a Non-Imm "O" with multiple re-entries on October 20th.

No problem, no USED stamp, everything as usual.

Ever since I noticed that the Immigration Office has a special desk for correcting airport mistakes,

I check it every time I enter. There are some pretty "dull bulbs' at those airport immigration desks

for all the reasons we know!

Same goes for me as well. I came in on the second on a Multiple Non Imm O and I've got ninety days and no 'USED' stamp.