Foreigner Found Murdered In Chonburi Province

simon43

I was watching the Thai news on Channel 3 tonight and they reported that a foreigner had been found murdered somewhere in Chonburi province. A photo of the victim was shown and a request for information since he is - as yet - not identified.

Does anyone know more details? I havn't seen this reported yet by the Pattaya news channels.

Simon

I was watching the Thai news on Channel 3 tonight and they reported that a foreigner had been found murdered somewhere in Chonburi province. A photo of the victim was shown and a request for information since he is - as yet - not identified.

Does anyone know more details? I havn't seen this reported yet by the Pattaya news channels.

Simon

Another one bites the dust? Whats the nationality? :)

Do THEY think the guy who was "incinerated" by tires committed suicide?

Same as the German guy who tied himself to a tree and blew himself up with a hand grenade? Was it last month?

Things have really changed in Pattaya-Jomtien, especially over the past ten years........too bad.

I remember a very peaceful, interesting place......no worries........that place has gone.

And, no, I don't care about crime statistics in other countries........that does not diminish what is happening in Pattaya-Jomtien now.

Redhawk, yes my mistake - it was the report that you posted. I guess it was just a follow-up on Thai TV to that 'old' incident.

Mods can close this thread if they wish - nothing new here, move along please

Simon

Same as the German guy who tied himself to a tree and blew himself up with a hand grenade? Was it last month?

Things have really changed in Pattaya-Jomtien, especially over the past ten years........too bad.

I remember a very peaceful, interesting place......no worries........that place has gone.

And, no, I don't care about crime statistics in other countries........that does not diminish what is happening in Pattaya-Jomtien now.

german guy blew himself up with a grenade ?????????? thats sounds tough......is the crime getting out of hand there now ???

Makes your old stomping grounds (Isaan) sound pretty sweet yet? :D

The peaceful and interesting place is still there JR, it's just that there are more people living on the edge, Thai as well as foreigners. Again, it's not the city, it's the people.

More clueless Thailand bashing...as anyone who knows anything about Thailand can tell you, there are many dodgy foreigners who wash-up on Thailand's shores and start doing dodgy things. I doubt very much that whoever blew up the BANGKOK German randomly selected someone off the streets of Sukhumvit and strapped him to a tree and blew him up for fun. (In fact, he was involved in the real estate field and this is a known dangerous area for both Thais and foreigners.) I feel likewise regarding the recent case of "spontaneous" human combustion.

There is trouble around every corner in Thailand and if you go looking for it you will find it. If you go poking your nose where it doesn't belong, it will be cut-off. If you go merrily about your own business and leave others to do the same, your life will be all happiness and bliss in the Thailand.

Edited by IHateCaptcha

More clueless Thailand bashing...as anyone who knows anything about Thailand can tell you, there are many dodgy foreigners who wash-up on Thailand's shores and start doing dodgy things. I doubt very much that whoever blew up the BANGKOK German randomly selected someone off the streets of Sukhumvit and strapped him to a tree and blew him up for fun. (In fact, he was involved in the real estate field and this is a known dangerous area for both Thais and foreigners.) I feel likewise regarding the recent case of "spontaneous" human combustion.

There is trouble around every corner in Thailand and if you go looking for it you will find it. If you go poking your nose where it doesn't belong, it will be cut-off. If you go merrily about your own business and leave others to do the same, your life will be all happiness and bliss in the Thailand.

So you consider it a normal and happy life if you have to watch every step you make otherwise you risk to get MURDERED.

Can you mention some other country's where it is NORMAL that you get killed if you are involved in the real estate business.

I also don't understand the definition from a life with happiness and bliss as in,There is trouble around every corner in Thailand.

The peaceful and interesting place is still there JR, it's just that there are more people living on the edge, Thai as well as foreigners. Again, it's not the city, it's the people.

In some places.......yes, is still there.........but certainly not in Pattaya-Jomtien.

The city/area has changed.........massive change/growth.

And the people have changed..........perhaps more people plus bad economy = more crime.

I just don't remember this 20 years ago........even ten years ago........things started to go downhill around 2004 I think.

I have a theory that there is a limit to growth beyond which life becomes much more difficult for the majority and the quality of life declines.

I think this is true for every vacation destination on the planet.

Pattaya-Jomtien is a textbook lesson about what not to do to improve a city and attract tourists.

Yes, that is my opinion. There are loads of people who love the place, and it does have its attractions.

Now, back to the topic..........another foreigner found murdered in Chonburi province.

This unfortunate German chap is now alleged to have been tied to the tree first? What other embellishments can possibly be made up in retrospect just because some people can't get their heads around the fact that the guy did commit suicide?

Pattaya is STILL a relatively peaceful place... I haven't seen any police choppers shot down by drug gangsters which is the new low for the city that will host an Olympic Games.

The difference was 20 years ago there was no internet and other local media digging up all the doom & gloom stories and ramming them down your throat 24/7. For my part back then, I was sobering up on Jomtien beach most afternoons before getting hammered again at the TQ ahead of a nightly appearance downstairs at the Marine Bar... until the sun came up. Just too busy having fun to worry about murder, mayhem and things of that ilk. We were truly legends in our own lunchtimes!

Edited by NanLaew

This unfortunate German chap is now alleged to have been tied to the tree first? What other embellishments can possibly be made up in retrospect just because some people can't get their heads around the fact that the guy did commit suicide?

Pattaya is STILL a relatively peaceful place... I haven't seen any police choppers shot down by drug gangsters which is the new low for the city that will host an Olympic Games.

The difference was 20 years ago there was no internet and other local media digging up all the doom & gloom stories and ramming them down your throat 24/7. For my part back then, I was sobering up on Jomtien beach most afternoons before getting hammered again at the TQ ahead of a nightly appearance downstairs at the Marine Bar... until the sun came up. Just too busy having fun to worry about murder, mayhem and things of that ilk. We were truly legends in our own lunchtimes!

so i take it you don't read the Pattaya People crime section

HUH??? How can the two be separated? A ciy IS its people. Without the people, we call those places "the countryside" or "ghost towns".

You are so right!

It is all the fault of the farang!

There are many dodgy foreigners washing up on Thailand's shores, and all those washups are to blame for every wrong in Thailand.

Aids, prostitution, double pricing, murders, crime, suicides in all imaginable forms, and so on, and so on, ad infinitum

Well done rab c broon, you missed my point COMPLETELY!

There was never anything about this unfortunate German being TIED TO A TREE, JR just made that bit up.

And yes, I STILL don't read the Pattaya People crime section or any of the others. It's like there's so many good things happening in Pattaya; orphanages, charity work, care for the disabled and underprivileged, fundraising, volunteering but wait... what do you prefer to read about?

Well done rab c broon, you missed my point COMPLETELY!

There was never anything about this unfortunate German being TIED TO A TREE, JR just made that bit up.

And yes, I STILL don't read the Pattaya People crime section or any of the others. It's like there's so many good things happening in Pattaya; orphanages, charity work, care for the disabled and underprivileged, fundraising, volunteering but wait... what do you prefer to read about?

Actually I did not make it up.........I simply made a mistake, confusing it with two other recent murders that involved people being tied up, one in Pattaya and another in Bangkok.

The only fact I know is that the man was killed by an explosion in a place surrounded by trees.

That's why I moved to korat after five years in Pattaya. Korat, nice and peaceful.

Barry

That's why I moved to korat after five years in Pattaya. Korat, nice and peaceful.

Barry

And so interesting you still hang around and post in the Pattaya Sub-Forum :D

Funny that I read about plenty of mysterious deaths of farangs up in Issan as well...wasn't some guy just murdered in a home-invasion robbery in Korat or Khon Keon a few days ago? So where's next for you...keep going north...maybe to Chiang Rai?

Edited by IHateCaptcha

Can you mention some other country's where it is NORMAL that you get killed if you are involved in the real estate business.

Sudan, North Yemen, Afghanistan, Belize, Barbados (maybe Bahamas'), Jamaica, Nigeria, Brazil (Rio), Albania, parts of Russia.

Edited by Phatcharanan