Making Lasagna

Help please. I would like to make my own spaghetti and lasagna pasta. I've got a small hand machine for shaping and slicing the dough. Up to now I've used ordinary flour but notice on the side of lasagna and spaghetti packets in Tescos etc, it states contents as Durun Wheat/semolina. Where can i buy this durum flour, and what would it be called in a shop? Anyone help please. Also any advice on production/making lasagna from durum or alternative flour would be much appreciated. :)

Help please. I would like to make my own spaghetti and lasagna pasta. I've got a small hand machine for shaping and slicing the dough. Up to now I've used ordinary flour but notice on the side of lasagna and spaghetti packets in Tescos etc, it states contents as Durun Wheat/semolina. Where can i buy this durum flour, and what would it be called in a shop? Anyone help please. Also any advice on production/making lasagna from durum or alternative flour would be much appreciated. :)

mate, post this in the western food section on here. durum flour, tops supermarket.

I have a home pasta machine too. They're wonderful units.

Great for pasta as well as making pot sticker wrappers!!

I use it all the time: ravioli, lasagna, linguine, etc.

I found semolina four at Villa Market.

Not sure if you could mail order it from them.

http://www.villamarket.com/

At the top-right of the home page is a phone number next to the text "your personal shopper" (which appears tob e a customer service email address. I'd try that first and see if you get a response.

Perhaps also check at the "Shop Online" link on their website. Looks like a 3rd party as it is a different web domain. You might need to become a "member". http://www.weloveshopping.com/2009/?ln=en

Good luck !!

Edited by ChefHeat