Idiots Living Oposite Me

onnut

The OP and his wife have found a solution to the old ladies and pot problem.

But tragically the situation has escalated well out of proportion and now they have gone too far.

What are they doing in that photo? Chanting and dancing around?

:)

Edited by Heng

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The OP and his wife have found a solution to the old ladies and pot problem.

But tragically the situation has escalated well out of proportion and now they have gone too far.

that's very funny, lol. Great one. Respect.

The pot is still there and today my sister in law was washing the motor and the two biddies were have a very loud chat with each other. Saying, who the hel_l do they think they are, do they really think I am scared of the poo yai?

Ha ha, that's all I was told! I have been working this weekend and so have not been around much. Anyway, the poo yai is pissed off, he will go around again tomorrow.

These two pissed off women are going to do something freaky soon. I can feel it.

If I am around when the poo yai visits I will record it without them knowing and put the clip on you tube, you should hear there yelling. They're nuts!

Edited by onnut

You can get relatively cheap cc tv cameras that you can pretty much install yourself at Fortune. Also just about any shop there can setup any of your older computers to have a X hour recording loop (leave it on during the day only or night only if you don't want to leave your computer on all the time). And 300-800 Baht sensor lights from Home Pro. Might be a good idea for such close proximity to your enemy. As a side benefit, it'll probably bother them as well that you have a camera or two pointed in their general direction.

May as well be prepared for possible curve balls if you're not going to go the 'simply not be annoyed route.'

:)

Edited by Heng

Tomorrow morning my wife goes away for a couple of days to spend some time with her mother and my neighbours have invited me to join them tomorrow night at a Loy Krathong party.

Fiery balloons, booze, grub and fiery women. I’ll probably get home late and if I’m really lucky I wont get home at all.

My neighbours here are the salt of the earth, really. Some do have a few annoying habits like burning rubbish and they shout a lot, but I have 2 dogs that bark at anything that moves, so we compromise, nobodies perfect and everyone’s happy all round.

Why doesn’t the OP try the nice approach with these old ladies, such as offering to take them shopping in his car or just saying, hello, how are you, once in a while. He would be surprised what good results this would achieve.

In Thailand young or younger people are meant to respect the elders, it`s part of Thai culture and what makes it so wonderful to live here.

I believe there is more to this dispute than just a flowerpot, that the OP has to win at all costs rather than lose face. Or perhaps it`s the wife who is the main agressor here and the OP is playing his role as the loyal husband, whether his wife is right or wrong.

Quite honestly this is the first time I have ever seen a blood feud over some stupid flowerpot.

There must be more serious issues to worry about in life, than this.

Sad, sad, sad, sad, sad, SAD!

Edited by sassienie

The OP should move and come and live in my little village here out in the sticks.

Tomorrow morning my wife goes away for a couple of days to spend some time with her mother and my neighbours have invited me to join them tomorrow night at a Loy Krathong party.

Fiery balloons, booze, grub and fiery women. I'll probably get home late and if I'm really lucky I wont get home at all.

My neighbours here are the salt of the earth, really. Some do have a few annoying habits like burning rubbish and they shout a lot, but I have 2 dogs that bark at anything that moves, so we compromise, nobodies perfect and everyone's happy all round.

Why doesn't the OP try the nice approach with these old ladies, such as offering to take them shopping in his car or just saying, hello, how are you, once in a while. He would be surprised what good results this would achieve.

In Thailand young or younger people are meant to respect the elders, it`s part of Thai culture and what makes it so wonderful to live here.

Quite honestly this is the first time I have ever seen a blood feud over some stupid flowerpot.

I agree. Let their antagonism wilt under your incessant helpful and friendly nature.

Do not resist. :)

The OP should move and come and live in my little village here out in the sticks.

Fiery balloons, booze, grub and fiery women. I'll probably get home late and if I'm really lucky I wont get home at all.

My neighbours here are the salt of the earth, really. Some do have a few annoying habits like burning rubbish and they shout a lot, but I have 2 dogs that bark at anything that moves, so we compromise, nobodies perfect and everyone's happy all round.

Why doesn't the OP try the nice approach with these old ladies, such as offering to take them shopping in his car or just saying, hello, how are you, once in a while. He would be surprised what good results this would achieve.

I agree. Let their antagonism wilt under your incessant helpful and friendly nature.

Do not resist. :)

Yep, I agree with you, I am being too incessant and it doesn’t work.

No common sense or logic with this OP, so you’re be glad to know, I’m out of this thread.

Have a happy Loy Krathong everyone and watch out for those runaway balloons.

Yep, I agree with you, I am being too incessant and it doesn't work.

No common sense or logic with this OP, so you're be glad to know, I'm out of this thread.

My comment was for the OP.

No common sense or logic with this OP, so you’re be glad to know, I’m out of this thread.

Good bye! Mind the pot on the way out.

Good bye! Mind the pot on the way out.

Im in on nut tell me your soi pot will be gone when I arrive in 3 weeks :)

I live on a dead end soi on the edge of a moo bahn in Bangkok. When I want to park my car in my driveway I pull up and reverse it in, but now I cannot do this because of the two old women living in the house oposite me have blocked there front with a large plant on a concrete pot.

They have placed this plant there to be awkward just because they fell out with my wife. The reason they fell out is because we heard from other people on our soi that these two women have been saying nasty things about my wife and her family who stay with us. Not sure what they were saying and I couldn't care less.

We were all friends at first but then we heard what they were saying and we just stopped speaking with them, I think my wife told them why we are no longer talking to them. And ever since they sold there car they have blocked this small area off with this plant. By the way, it is on the road and it's not there land. It's really anoying as now I have to do a ten point turn to get the car in. We have two cars and the other on is parked out the front of our house.

I have moved the pot only for them to put it further out in the middle of the soi. I am thinking of just smashing it up but I think that will just giveus more problems. Do you guys have any ideas that I could try?

Yer ... try speaking to them - its about communication.

or......... change your wife, don't think I could live with someone who doesn't try to get along!!!!!!!!!!!!! (been there, done that, changed for the better)

Just remember they are Thai and own Thailand where-as you are a mere Farang , hire a Thai with a beat up truck to run into it and smash it to pieces , then knock on their door and threaten to take them to court for building a blockage in the road if they did not pay for the damage to his truck .

I would do the same with your own car if you have a correct insurance... Then you have a good reason to go to court, but probably will improve your relations with them hehe :)

alright, I think enough suggestions, humorous, practical and otherwise, have been given.

good luck onnut. if you think there is an urgent need to add to the thread, or would like to later update of the outcome, PM me and I will post it to the thread.

but other than that, I think this thread has more than served its purpose :)

cheers

as the OP has some update to share with people, Im re-opening this thread

but please keep the rules in mind, and if it derail again, it will be closed, and those with offending remarks issued with warning.

cheers

Thanks MIG, I havent been able to sleep at nite worrying about the pot and all that, whats the goss?

I know how you feel, I've been popping Valium for the last week due to the anxiety that this story has caused me.

No!!! Don' close the topic!!! Please!!!

We are living the same near stupid people. Better to say, they live near us!

We are living in a townhouse more than 5 yers. They( neighbours) are renting house about 2 or 3 monthes, not more...

And during this time we became crazy!!!

Actually, many different people were living near us, but THESE... my God!

First of all they are making food for selling and it doesn't depend of the wind we are fully in the smell of thai food (outside and inside the house)

And the second- they have two cocks!!! Real cocks which wake up about 3 or 4 a. m. and stat to crow till 10 or 11 a.m. then a small break and they (cocks) start their songs around 2-3 p.m. then a break and some "music" will be in the evening!!!!!

And all these things happen under our window!

The main thing is I have a baby 1 year and 9 month.

Imagine now- we can't go outside afternoon for swimming in her swimming pool, because no fresh air at all, we caughing and sneezing and now she doesn' t go outside in that time.

And cocks.. We are waking up with them! But we don't go to bed with them. We go to sleep at night, mostly after midnight.

All these things annoy very much!!

We tried to speak to them- first reaction was- Falan pud aray mai kodjai!

The second reaction (after our thai friends spoke to them) -these are my fighting cocks, they are very expenssive, before I have ten, now only two... bla- bla- bla... but ok, I can do a favor for falan, they (we) can buy these cock from them. Their real price is 3000 bath per one, they (we) can get discount and buy only for 2000 batyh per one.

After these words we went to village office, they promice to help and solve the problem..

Waiting for two weeks already!!!

What we have to do???

A piece of advice!!!! Please!!!

(friends say that police can't help)

Come on, I need to know. Did the pot somehow manage to fall from the road onto the OP's head? Was it judged as accidental by the BIB? :)

Maybe a UFO appeared over the OP's house beamed him and the pot up, probed both and then sent the OP back to earth and kept the pot.

I've got new neighbors too. 13 people (8 adults and 5 children) moved into the two bedroom townhouse opposite mine. All of the women on the soi were gossiping that they were drug dealers, which I thought was just Bangkok vs Upcountry snobbishness, until the grandmother started complaining that one of her sons had been arrested! :)

However, they don't leave pots in the street.