Another Nail In The Coffin

mrtoad

Living in a country that has double pricing, 150 BHT ATM fees, poisonous cigarettes, jet ski scams, rent a noisy neighbour, obstructive potted plants, taxi touts, bogus security, King Power and all sorts of other difficulties for the Farang it's really time for me to say goodbye. I've had enough of it here, it's all stacked against Farangs and the Thais are really out to get us. They don't even speak English.

So what was the final nail in the coffin? Well, it's obvious -those dam_n pesky Thais have done it again, and they have created double temperatures. It's just not fair, here I am totally boiling, sweat profusely through my Chang wife-beater vest, and those Thai are walking around looking perfectly cool. It seems wherever I go, I'm dripping in perspiration while the Thai's look smart and orderly. I tell you, this country is going downhill fast.

Has anyone else noticed this problem? Or is just me being victimized by my own personal weather system?

You are dressing all wrong that is the problem :D What you need to do is get a big thick balaclava, thick shirt and thick trousers. That should bring your core temperature down so you will not feel the heat just like the Thai's :):D

So it's not a conspiracy then? I've been trying to cool down by drinking Chang throughout the day, but that doesn't seem to work either, and I'm sure that the Thais are poisoning the beer as well. :D

You are dressing all wrong that is the problem :D What you need to do is get a big thick balaclava, thick shirt and thick trousers. That should bring your core temperature down so you will not feel the heat just like the Thai's :):D

So it's not a conspiracy then? I've been trying to cool down by drinking Chang throughout the day, but that doesn't seem to work either, and I'm sure that the Thais are poisoning the beer as well. :D

You type well considering you've been drinking Chang all morning! Is it the Classic, Draught or Light Chang?

What did it for me was the bag of crisps they welded shut.

:)

I'm leaving next week.

No wait, I would have to take a pay cut to work anywhere else, I guess I will stick it out a while longer...

TH

It's a tough one, those crisp packets are enough to make people want to leave - in fact that is probably one of the reasons why the packets are so difficult to open. :D

You'll get your own back when the temperature drops below 26. They'll be freezing cold, shivering in their knitted sweaters whilst us farang are comfortable in T-Shirt and shorts.

You reckon? They'll probably come up with a nother scheme to make life uncomfortable -like playing The Eagles Hotel California on repeat for 24 hours a day. :)

Edited by mrtoad

Living in a country that has double pricing, 150 BHT ATM fees, poisonous cigarettes, jet ski scams, rent a noisy neighbour, obstructive potted plants, taxi touts, bogus security, King Power and all sorts of other difficulties for the Farang it's really time for me to say goodbye. I've had enough of it here, it's all stacked against Farangs and the Thais are really out to get us. They don't even speak English.

So what was the final nail in the coffin? Well, it's obvious -those dam_n pesky Thais have done it again, and they have created double temperatures. It's just not fair, here I am totally boiling, sweat profusely through my Chang wife-beater vest, and those Thai are walking around looking perfectly cool. It seems wherever I go, I'm dripping in perspiration while the Thai's look smart and orderly. I tell you, this country is going downhill fast.

Has anyone else noticed this problem? Or is just me being victimized by my own personal weather system?

I am wondering why it took you 7006 posts to come up with something witty.

Practice

There are so many bad points, aren't there?

I had noticed the double temperatures. What many people have not noticed is the pesky double salary pricing that goes on. I think it's disgusting. In fact, I'm going to give back the extra money I get. The problem is, I don't know who to give it to. Any ideas?

I had noticed the double temperatures. What many people have not noticed is the pesky double salary pricing that goes on. I think it's disgusting. In fact, I'm going to give back the extra money I get. The problem is, I don't know who to give it to. Any ideas?

Learning from you. :)

So how is Crossbar today toad, on the 3rd vat of Chang yet? Dont you hate this place.

Leavig soon James -it's all rather disappointing living in a country with so many faults. I can't wait to get back to the UK, where everything is so perfect. :D

You know what else those flupping Thais have done...

They've only gone and put up notices i my condo written in Thai about the do's and don't of living here and used farangs in the photos!

So not only do i not know what they are saying about me but anyone who throws cig buts /water/plant pots off their balaconies/does DIY on weekends/has a yappie little hollywood dog/eats durian and cooks pla aa...........must be farangs according to the photos!

That's it.... i'm fired i'm out of here...

oh bugger can't leave got no re netry stamp for my visa and its Friday! grrrrhhh

oh yeah i'm not coming back.....

That's a tough question - but what if you give back say 20k, then maybe you will have to give back 40k - with all the double pricing and that. Can't trust them -they are all after the money, pure and simple. I'm still trying to find a cool place, but it seems all the pesky Thais have got all the good spots, you'd think it was their country or something. :)

Edited by mrtoad

That's a tough question - but what if you give back say 20k, then maybe you will have to give back 40k - with all the double pricing and that. Can't trust them -they are all after the money, pure and simple. I'm still trying to find a cool place, but it seems all the pesky Thais have got all the good spots, you'd think it was their country or something. :)

What are they after if you have no money, pure or simple?

Couldn't you just use your workpermit to fan yourself and get the same deal as the Thais? I've heard that it works in the national parks. :)

Two friends are returning from the Pacific coast of N America. They say the Aleuts are aloof, the Haidas are haughty, the Chippewa are cheap Charlies, and the bears are boring. They anticipate returning to awesome Akha, lanky Lanna ladyboys, and large Tai-Yai. Wave as they pass you going the other way.

no place is perfect,but believe me it's a lot better than obama land.it's better to know when it's coming instead of of getting sucker punched. everyone wanted change.the way it's goinfg the only thing you'll have is change in your pocket

no place is perfect,but believe me it's a lot better than obama land.it's better to know when it's coming instead of of getting sucker punched. everyone wanted change.the way it's goinfg the only thing you'll have is change in your pocket

What does Obama have to do with this thread? :)

thrilled, you're out of this thread!

Now, let's talk about these disgusting double-crossings.

We farangs wait in good order for the little red man to turn green, so that we can use the zebra-crossing safely, and without breaking the law.

Only to be run over by a bulldozer.

Thais, on the other hand, cross the roads wheresoever they find it convenient.

And manages to do so without ever being fined.

Or killed, for that matter.

I'm out of here, because I want to live in a country where everybody who crosses a road only do so on a zebra-crossing.

And survives it.