Advice Please

Hi

Need to know what options are available for myself and timescale etc.

Im currently on a Non Imm B visa but have closed the company and my visa expires today so went to Mae sai and was stamped until 3rd of Febuary

My next course of action will be to obtain a visa/extension of stay based upon marriage to a Thai national.

My current situation is i fall short of the 400k and will not have sufficient funds available until the 6th of next month [oversight by myself as bank need 1 months notice to release monies which is locked in a fixed account] which i am calculating will no be enough time to leave the money in a savings account for 60 days before applying 3-4 weeks before my stay expires,so my questions are as follows.

1..Whats is the latest i could apply for the extension?

2..is it possible to obtain the visa/extension outside of Thailand,if so the best place to go and what funds are required?

3..Does the time frame allow me still to do this in thailand?

have searched the forum but couldnt get to the answers so any help would be gratefully appreciated.

You need to apply at Immigration within the last 30 days of your current stay. So that would be early January. However the money will not be in your account for the required 2 months.

About a week before 3rd Feb you can apply for a 60 day extension to visit your Wife. This would give you time to season the bank money.

From Police Order 2008.

2.24 In the case of an alien

visiting a Thai spouse or child:

Permission

will be granted for a period of not more than 60 days at a time

(1) Proof of relationship.

(2) In the case of a spouse, their marital relationship shall be de

jure (legitimate) and de facto.

For 60 day extension of stay you would need to visit immigration with wife, taking with you marriage certificate, wife's ID card, tabbien bahn (house book), completed application form TM7, copies of passport pages/TM6 departure card + passport photo. Some offices are also asking for photos of you and wife around the house and map to house. Fee 1900 baht.