Satellite Tv In Pattaya

Opteron

I am looking for advice regarding satellite TV reception in Pattaya area.

The normal UBC package/price do not look so nice to me and I would like to find something better and more priceworthy

Does anyone know if there are any alternatives that I can use. I am only interested in Englisch language programs and would like to gat as many as possible of the common news, sports, movies etc channels.

Is there any trustworthy satellite TV dealer in the Pattaya area that would be able to help out...?

If you want decent English TV programmes then UBC is the answer.

There are other offerings of "free" channels, but there is little English

on offer on the programme listings.

1) u visit http://www.lyngsat.com/freetv/ check out the list of free to air channels there....if what u need is there then this is for u...

2) check out if the channels u need/the satellite serving them have their range in thailand....

3) get a dish antenna (prefebly with a motor so u can turn the dish around siting in your living room to get access to various satellites)

4) get a free to air receiver to view the channels on your TV...

setup cost : approx 20,000 baht...

monthly/annual cost : NIL

all channels are available via the dish...but to get some premium channels uve gotta sibscribe with the channel, they will give u a smart card and a decoder. to them u need to pay a monthly or annual subscription fee.

• 11 months later...

You can receive Dream TV (Phillipines) or Astro (Malaysia) here and while it is both much better program quality and cheaper than UBC it would require the use of illegally copied or imported cards which I am not allowed to tell you about on this forum. :o

Google for it.

Can anyone tell me where I would go to buy and have installed the system described above?

http://www.jsat.tv/10extra.htm

If you can afford it, the UBC Platinum package has 6 English movie channels, loads of live sport, including all the EPL football, music channels, loads of genre music radio stations, at least 4 news channels, BBC and other entertainment channels , and a whole load more besides. Also all the Thai channels, and sub titles for the movies and entertainment channels - useful if you a have a Thai gf or wife. The gold package - a little cheaper - has most of the foregoing.

Another option is PWS, who for 26,000 Baht, will give you hundreds of movie and sports channels for free. No monthly subscription. Call John on 01 631 7641 - He's in Siam Country Club Road. I was tempted but needed sub- titles to keep Madam Doom happy. Still might add it later as they've got more sport, like free cricket and other stuff. (I think it comes from S Africa).