Procedure For 90-day Reporting By Mail

For those of us here on a retirement visa (or any other visa which requires that we report our address every 90 days to Thai Immigration), is there anybody who has successfully mailed in all the appropriate stuff, and knows which pages from a passport to provide copies of? I get different answers on this subject from different sources, but I want to be certain that I do it correctly--and now that the Immigration office has moved, I think I'd rather do this by mail from now on. The Thai Immigration website says to provide copies of "all passport pages", but this seems unlikely, especially for those of us who might happen to have a thick passport.

If someone could authoritatively explain which pages to copy, and perhaps even the logic behind it, I would be eternally grateful. :)

-Copy of all passport pages (up to the latest arrival stamp in the Kingdom or latest visa stamp)

-Copy of arrival/departure card TM. 6 (front and back)

-Previous notifications of staying over 90 days (if any)

-Completely filled in and signed notification form TM. 47

-Envelope with 5 Baht stamp affixed and return address of foreigner for the officer in charge to send back the lower part of form TM. 47 after having received the notification. This part must be kept for reference and for future notifications of staying over 90 days.

The above mentioned documents must be sent by registered mail and the receipt of the registration kept by the foreigner.

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=90days

edit: believe Bangkok now would like to see a 10 baht stamp.

Yes, it is 10 Baht on the return envelope!

As for PP pages I have sent all used pages (8 PP pages per A4 sheet, 4 on front and 4 on reverse side of page). Never had any problem.

They also return all copies so you can use the same ones the next time unless any of the info has changed.

opalhort

Since I have many used many many pages in my passport I just send the pages with pertinent information, to wit, the personal info page, the visa page (or in my case the page showing the visa info from my previous passport), the page showing the date of my latest entrance into Thailand, and the page showing my latest extension approval for retirement purposes. I also add the re-entry permit page which is probably unnecessary since one does not have to have that permit unless planning to leave and re-enter the country.

And front and back of the TM6 card, and sending back the previous 90-day approval slip if any.

This has been acceptable all of the many times I have done this by mail in Bangkok, including my most recent one a month ago.

Edited by mojaco

Offcialy BKK immigration will tell you to come in person and you can't do it by mail. However, the law states you can do it by mail and if you just send it by registered mail immigration will accept it.

Yeap, that's what they told me (i.e., no can do by mail) face-to-face when I asked during one of my 90 day reportings at the immigration office. However, their web site says nothing about Bangkok residents not being able to report via mail, and per posts on Thaivisa.com many people living in Bangkok appear to report via mail with no problem (other than needing to wait a few weeks for receipt/return of the 90 day reporting slip/confirmation). Can't remember anyone making a post saying their 90 day report via mail to the Bangkok Immigration Office was sent back unprocessed with a note saying they must report in person.

Edited by Pib

Since I have many used many many pages in my passport I just send the pages with pertinent information, to wit, the personal info page, the visa page (or in my case the page showing the visa info from my previous passport), the page showing the date of my latest entrance into Thailand, and the page showing my latest extension approval for retirement purposes. I also add the re-entry permit page which is probably unnecessary since one does not have to have that permit unless planning to leave and re-enter the country.

And front and back of the TM6 card, and sending back the previous 90-day approval slip if any.

This has been acceptable all of the many times I have done this by mail in Bangkok, including my most recent one a month ago.

This is the essence of what I was hoping for. Many thanks for the guidance. Now I won't have to burn up my laser printer with unnecessary scanning and printing!

They also return all copies so you can use the same ones the next time unless any of the info has changed.

Until they moved I used the same copies that were returned just copied the new yearly Extension page every year since March 2004..... now they have opened a Immigration Office out in the sticks so is closer than going to the Post Office went on Monday this week.... very easy and quick one couple was inside, I went with the TM 47 filled and passport the lady at the window filled the bottom in, stamped it and I was out in less then 2 mins.

Where is the correct Bangkok address to send 90 day reporting info?? The Immigration website shows the Suan Plu address.

Thanks.

IMMIGRATION BUREAU (90 DAYS REGISTRATION)

Government Center Chaengwattana (Building B, 2nd floor) ,

No. 120 , Moo 3 , Chaengwattana Soi 7

Chaengwattana Road , Tungsonghong Sub-District, Laksi District,

Bangkok 10210

กองบังคับการตรวจคนเข้าเมือง 1 (งานรับแจ้ง 90 วัน)

ศูนย์ราชการเฉลิมพระเกียรติ 80 พรรษา (อาคารบี. ชั้น 2)

120 ม.3 แจ้งวัฒนะ ซอย 7

แขวงทุ่ง สองห้อง เขตหลักสี่

กรุงเทพฯ 10210

I don't understand all the references I see (including on the Thai Immigration website) to making copies of the "front and back" of the TM6 departure card. When I look at mine, there is nothing at all on the back. Do they really want a copy of the blank back side of the departure card?

There should be a permitted to stay until stamp on it - but sometimes it is missing - yes they do want front and back.

Aaah, now I understand! I'm making notes about all of this, which I'll post here soon. Thanks much.

I only wanted to do this once, so after putting together all my notes on this subject (based largely on the help of the folks herein), below is a summation of what I believe is how to handle this situation in the future. I hope this is helpful!

Procedure For 90-day Reporting Purposes by Registered Mail to Thai Immigration

===========================================================

Copies of passport pages to provide:

- the personal info and photo page

- the original visa page (or the page showing the original visa from any previous passport)

- the page showing the most recent visa extension approval

- the page showing the stamp of the most recent entry into Thailand

- the current re-entry permit page, if you already have a valid re-entry permit

- TM6 departure card (front and back sides, even if the back is blank)

Send them:

- copies of the above

- any previous original 90-day approval slips, if any

- filled out and signed TM47 (90-day reporting) form

- self-addressed, stamped (10 baht stamp) envelope for return of the lower portion of form TM47 to you

Send via registered mail to:

Immigration Bureau (90 Days Registration)

Government Center Chaengwattana Building B

No. 120 Moo 3, Chaengwattana Soi 7

Chaengwattana Road

Tungsonghong, Laksi

Bangkok 10210

Notes

=====

- send via registered mail within the last 7 days of the 90-day period

- the 90-day period starts counting as day 1 on the day of arrival

- 90-day notifications in person can occur between 7 days before and 7 days after the expiration date--but the sending date of notifications by registered mail must occur within the last 7 days of the 90-day period

- the 90-day approval form which they return to you should be stapled into your passport for future reference

- keep the receipt for the registered mailing, so that you can prove you actually sent it, if necessary

- failure to report correctly, and on time, will result in a 2000 baht charge

- if you happen to be arrested after your 90-day period has expired, a 4000 baht charge will apply

Edited by funlovinkid

<snip>

I only wanted to do this once, so after putting together all my notes on this subject (based largely on the help of the folks herein), below is a summation of what I believe is how to handle this situation in the future. I hope this is helpful!

Procedure For 90-day Reporting Purposes by Registered Mail to Thai Immigration

===========================================================

Copies of passport pages to provide:

- the personal info and photo page

- the original visa page (or the page showing the original visa from any previous passport)

- the page showing the most recent visa extension approval

- the page showing the stamp of the most recent entry into Thailand

- the current re-entry permit page, if you already have a valid re-entry permit

- TM6 departure card (front and back sides, even if the back is blank)

One correction to my earlier post, this last time I DID NOT send a copy of the re-entry permit and it was OK. So no need to do that. I also put as much as possible on the front and back of the pages so no more than two pages are needed.

Another thing they want the sending and returning envelopes to be the 6-3/8 inch by 9 inch size (available everywhere stationary is sold, like in Big-C). This is actually convenient because an A4 size sheet of copy paper folded in half nicely fits in that envelope.

There is no such postal rate as 10 baht.

A 9 baht stamp on the return envelope will suffice for up to 250 gms and I think a quarter of a kilogram is more than enough for a few sheets of paper, and a 5 baht stamp (up to 100 gms) might even be enough. Ask the weight when you send it.

There is no such postal rate as 10 baht.

A 9 baht stamp on the return envelope will suffice for up to 250 gms and I think a quarter of a kilogram is more than enough for a few sheets of paper, and a 5 baht stamp (up to 100 gms) might even be enough. Ask the weight when you send it.

Attached is a copy (in Thai) of the April 2009 instructions I received from Suan Plu with one of my 90-day reports. If you can read Thai, look at item #5 where I have underlined "10 Baht". If that's what they want, that's what they get. Would advise all of us to do the same rather than have them get angry someday and stop the "mail in" privileges for those of us living in Bangkok.

post-1154-1258706091_thumb.jpg

Does this now mean that people from all over the country can now report by mail to Bangkok? Officially, I now have to report in person to Chokchai, 100 kms from my home, and other people are even worse off (e.g. from southern Petchabun, you have to go to Nan!).

If so, this is an important change to the "regulations".

What has, possibly, been changed is the requirement for those in Bangkok to not use mail for reporting.

Lopburi, where did you get this one from?

In the past it has been that BKK residents were discouraged from mail reporting because Suan Plu was overloaded with mail reports from around the country but we have never been disallowed to do the report by mail.

Since the reporting has now been decentralized I don't think that BKK Imm has any problems with mail reports from within BKK.

opalhort

Anyone asking about doing in Bangkok was flatly told they could not - I was told by commanding officer in that office twice. Those that did not ask were able to do. But the official policy was it could not be done.

One would think that it is less of a time burden on Immigration to accept it by mail as they can process it at their leisure. I am a Bangkok resident and have always done it by mail because I never knew it was *forbidden* but thought it was only *not recommended*. I have renewed the 90 day by mail in Bangkok on

9/25/09

6/20/09

3/31/09

10/8/08

4/17/08

1/15/08

and never a whisper in the returning mail from Immigration. And they always send new forms for the next time along with a note about what is needed for the next mail in. Even with the +-7 day window for doing it in person, sometimes that is inconvenient as one has to schedule his/her travels around Thailand to be back in Bangkok that time. I hope they keep allowing mail-ins.