Swine Flu Scare?

MikeyIdea

Swine Flu scare?

No, wouldn't worry myself, the strain is not more virulent than what we have already seen. Vaccination is only recommended for high-risk people. Besides, vaccine isn't readily available and even if it was, then it isn't properly tested yet and could in itself cause more health problems. Vaccinate or not is a calculated risk at this stage.

I have one recommendation for you parents out there that actually works very well as a preventive measure. This is based on my own experience with my 5 year-old daughter;

It is now clear that my daughter doesn't have asthma. She has been sick a lot, especially in the rainy season of course, last year was typical, she was sick 6 times in 3 months June to August but it's not full blown asthma. This year, she has not been sick one single time since March, not a single time. Partly it is because medication was better tuned in this year but I do not believe that is all. I have done one more thing this year that has really helped too.

I have been tough with flushing her nose with the standard salt solution (saline solution) available in most pharmacies every morning and evening. I used to do it first when symptoms of a cold came but this year I have seen it as a preventive measure. And it really helps! It keeps the nose clean and it helps her body to protect itself. It really helps… A beginning of a cold always meant full blown cold with fever the previous years. This year, I see the water getting dirtier and I see greenish strains but that is all, then it goes back again. I use 10 cc 3 times in each nostril when there are no symptoms and go up to maybe 4 or 5 when there are

Parents: Is your child sick often in the rainy season? Does your child get sick when school starts? As a preventive measure, I can really recommend flushing the nose (nasal irrigation). My experience is that it really works in helping the child protect herself and making her a healthier child

Michael

Edited by MikeyIdea

Neti Pot is probably difficult to find here in Thailand, but good of course. Thai doctors have recommended cleaning kids noses for years, heard it 15 years ago first time and didn't know better back then so I though: Strange things they do here in Thailand :)

My daughter cleans her nose herself now a days, we just use a bowl same as used to shower and a 10 cc sling. Works perfectly. 2 pics I found on the internet attached

post-93805-1258690129_thumb.jpg

post-93805-1258690151_thumb.jpg

Edited by MikeyIdea