Your Opinion?

Hi Guys!

Im a long time reader, rare poster and big lover of all things thai!

Since my first visit 8 years ago I have been keen to try and make a life in Thailand! - The kind of job I work in is under alot of stress due to the GFC so work in Aus is hard enough to get, Thailand was never ganna happen.

Besides my normal job, I also run a website which generates about $85(AUD) a day for me (I believe to be at $100 by end of January)

Do you think this is enough to live in Thailand? ( I realize its far above the thai average, but If I am to live in Thailand I would like to make sure it is a very nice style of living).

Also, as the payments are made directly to a Australian Bank Account, would I need a work permit?

Although you have received opinions that you need a work permit -- which means that you must either set-up a Thai corporation or be hired by a Thai corporation -- you do not say what run a website means whether in $ AUD paid in Australia or otherwise.

You could rent a nice place and have plenty left over. You wont need a work permit for your website. 30,000 bht or so will rent you a 3 bedroom condo or house in a nice area. It would be middle class living I guess.

Naturally, one has to approach their existence as 'middle-class' {whatever that is}.

If you "live" in Thailand and earn money in any way, you should pay tax. I think that the authorities are getting wise to all the foreigners who are using Thailand as a means to live tax free and sooner or later things will change. It is only fair after all.

The funds your are talking about will be good but if you are working your site from Thailand work is work and you need a work permit.

and pay thai income tax

I don't know what could be point or reason (except stupidity) to pay taxes on an income generated online and without real reference to thailand. Are you robbing someone's job here? Spending your money here not enough? Should be some tax on the top?

Some people here really ......

Edited by PCA

The funds your are talking about will be good but if you are working your site from Thailand work is work and you need a work permit.

and pay thai income tax

I don't know what could be point or reason (except stupidity) to pay taxes on an income generated online and without real reference to thailand. Are you robbing someone's job here? Spending your money here not enough? Should be some tax on the top?

Some people here really ......

....have no clue what they are talking about. Agreed!