Met The Glitter Man At Friendship Today

Michaelaway

Yup, it was great:

Saw the incredible Glitter Man at Friendship today. Seen him before, but never up close and personal. Pony tail; pedal bike with big flag & streamers; flashy bucaneer shirt and glitter cape flowing (windy today, good for capes!)! Anyway, I smiled as our paths crossed, kind of as if to say to him, "Ah... so it is you, Glitter Man... and now we meet... at last..." And, believe it or not, I think he somehow kind of got the message because he seemed to slow his pace a bit, allowing me to catch up. Then, he smiled too and nodded at me and said simply, "Hello." It was really a moment...

In retrospect, I am truly sorry that I was apparently star-struck to the extent that I let the opportunity to learn more about The Glitter Man pass. Stupidly, I just nodded back to him (with obvious respect & admiration) and simply said back to him, "Yes... hello." We were on another plane, I tell you, talking was... incidental.

I'd heard and read so much about him, and now here he was- walking alongside of me, together dodging wild parkers in the Friendship parking lot, whistles blowing all around us, people staring, going into the same place to buy a few of our groceries. Me... and a legend.

I know, I know- a more self-possessed person would have come out with a few cojent (sp?) questions for a super hero: Where are you from? What is your real name? Where did you get your powers? (Where did you get that shirt?) And much, much more! But, it was like kind of a dream, you know? The Glitter Man... and me... walking (and flowing) into Friendship to do a little shopping... undaunted and unbowed... What a moment!!

Anyway, I was content to just watch him walk away, a Glitter Man on a mission. I actually can't tell you if he was there to buy a few sundried items... or to save a life. He was just... there.

And then he was gone...

Whoa.

:)

Edited by Michaelaway

He is British and I suspected aristocratic roots.

ay mate..... he is a Queen all right :)

AS i said i know his Thai girlfriend ,and he is not a Queen .He is very tight with money ,so hardly an aristocrat .As another poster said he comes across as very shy behind his Glitter persona .

What type visa does he have somebody asked ? I honestly dont know or care .

Hey, Bud!

Respect the man, the myth, the legend... will 'ya?

how come one can say he is legend?why people are so hyper about him?did he do some great things?

They are only being sarcastic brother, "What type visa does he have somebody asked ? I honestly dont know or care" . nobody asked that question,"wondered" and if you dont care then no need to tell us :D

Edited by Dpolenz

He must have a quirky, eccentric brother cause I was out riding and on my left, waiting at the junction traffic lights was a farang with a great parrot on his shoulder!

I sh*t you not!

I couldn't stop or look for a double take (traffic was right behind me) but it was either a stuffed fake, or the real deal!

Amazing Pattaya :)

Hey, Bud!

Respect the man, the myth, the legend... will 'ya?

how come one can say he is legend?why people are so hyper about him?did he do some great things?

Some are legends are born, some are made and some just have it thrust upon them!

I'm guessing the glitter-dude just has it thrust upon him...

Edited by JimsKnight

He must have a quirky, eccentric brother cause I was out riding and on my left, waiting at the junction traffic lights was a farang with a great parrot on his shoulder!

I sh*t you not!

I couldn't stop or look for a double take (traffic was right behind me) but it was either a stuffed fake, or the real deal!

Amazing Pattaya :D

Yeah, man!

Seen The Parrot Guy, too! And the bird's the real deal! Maybe he'll be the next Pattaya super hero I run into...!

PS- let's show a little care & concern for our fellow farangs here, in our wonderful (new) hometown. Sabai sabai, men! Live & let live... and let the good times roll on!

PPS- Oh, forgot to tell you: when I ran into the Parrot Guy for the first time, I said to him, "Wow, you look great!" Then, the parrot said, "Yeah fine, Buddy. Now can you get this f---in' guy off my butt?" True story...

Edited by Michaelaway

I sh*t you not!

Amazing Pattaya :D

Yeah, man!

Seen The Parrot Guy, too! And the bird's the real deal! Maybe he'll be the next Pattaya super hero I run into...!

PS- let's show a little care & concern for our fellow farangs here, in our wonderful (new) hometown. Sabai sabai, men! Live & let live... and let the good times roll on!

PPS- Oh, forgot to tell you: when I ran into the Parrot Guy for the first time, I said to him, "Wow, you look great!" Then, the parrot said, "Yeah fine, Buddy. Now can you get this f---in' guy off my butt?" True story...

That is so fcking cool man!

I'm gonna start taking my camera around with me to get some shots off...

It's a shame other parts of Thailand don't have these quirky shysters around. Only in Pattaya it seems...